contest April is Ramen Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't ramen with us, we'll be ramenning for ya! (Is that even a word???) I hope you can join us, xc, but if not, we'll be looking for your entry next month fo sho!

no thanks.... I don't need to make it THAT public

ok Guys, here is what was in the box!

560403_2943904919422_1315203609_32181079_396807086_n.jpg

just ate some chinese pork dumpling soup now i wanna make that as my ramen dish (even though it will take me hours to make the pork broth ) @^_^@ i still have my ramen spirit but my lungs are making it hard :( still gonna try and try to win this 45 weeks of pneumonia didnt stop me from aquiring 250 varieties of peppers 2 years ago (it was my hobby to trade seeds on here and other sites when i was sick) and it wont stop me from makin gourmet ramen dish (unless im in the hospital)

Ann, I am not scared of you! ;)

You SHOULD be! :lol:

Now watch...after all this smack talk from me, my food will probably turn into an epic FAIL!!! :rofl:

oh yea....Dave's dragon dust is one hell of a mean spice shaker to have in the pantry. To give you an idea, I pan fried burgers for the family, sprinkled the dust on it, and I had to put the pan in the oven because my family was all coughing like crazy.
the garlic is quite tasty. Not hot by any means, just epic flavors!

the wine is so hot, I don't know if people can actually enjoy drinking it, but I hope its as good as I think its gonna be to cook with.

Cory, we need Proof of Life, please make a post.

(sometimes laughter is the best medicine)

Seriously, glad you are okay. You saw my real sentiments in your status.

HHHHHHMMMMMM I gotta get in on this!!!! I am the Ramen Noodle KING!!!!!!!!!!!! I use ramen noodles all the time when I make dinners!!! What's the dead line???????

Chicken piccatta or scallopine. Use the wine in the sauce, use the rub with the flavor packet on the chx. Throw some of the pickles, diced, in the sauce instead of capers. Serve tossed with ramen.

The whole thing tossed in tempura batter and deep fried, served in a basket on newspaper.
(you can skip that step)

You're welcome.

Dyce - it will start some time on Friday (be looking for a thread that starts with "Begin!" in the official Throwdown forum; this is the Throwdown Discussion forum, which is a bit different), and typically ends Sunday at whatever time THP posts in the Begin! thread. Good luck!

Dyce - it will start some time on Friday (be looking for a thread that starts with "Begin!" in the official Throwdown forum; this is the Throwdown Discussion forum, which is a bit different), and typically ends Sunday at whatever time THP posts in the Begin! thread. Good luck!

Thank You!!! Will be watching!!!!!

HHHHHHMMMMMM I gotta get in on this!!!! I am the Ramen Noodle KING!!!!!!!!!!!! I use ramen noodles all the time when I make dinners!!! What's the dead line???????

BRING IT RAMEN KING!!!!!!!! Dude, you're a regular around here, surprised you haven't been in a TD already!
You might want to go back and see how they play out. Basically you'll get Friday to Sunday. Maybe boss will grant an extension till Monday, because Sunday's Easter (hint).
There are very simple rules. Check before you make something. Must be spicy. Must include ramen.
I'd suggest you do something CRAZY with ramen.
Hope you jump in on this one. It's crazy fun just to enter!

Chicken piccatta or scallopine. Use the wine in the sauce, use the rub with the flavor packet on the chx. Throw some of the pickles, diced, in the sauce instead of capers. Serve tossed with ramen.

The whole thing tossed in tempura batter and deep fried, served in a basket on newspaper.
(you can skip that step)

You're welcome.

It's not pickles it's chipotle garlic.

He can't go wrong with chili wine, chili garlic, and some serious crushed chili. Like I said, class up ramen. Wine, garlic, spice. He can't lose! (Or can he?)

It's not just chipotle garlic, it's "bread and butter" style, which connotes sweetness.

Two thoughts:
First, Gross!
Second, could still fit in an italian dish. I'm thinking that's the way you should lean. Classy style.

CH, you got this!!!!!

Correct it's B&B.

I'm pullin' for CH, he's been through a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back