• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Back

Hey everyone, I'm back. We got deployed for a joint exercise for a couple months and finally made it home. Got to hit some good ports on the way, Scotland, Latvia, Poland, and England.. I'll post some pics once I host them on photobucket.

The exercise was insanely busy, there were many countries involved..Brazil, England, US, France, Belgium, etc. Can't remember them all. Either way, I did my part to get my Wardroom hooked on hot sauces, and even one of them used some Black Mamba to get one of the other officers.. He put a bunch of it in the other guys eggs.

Yeah you made the news while in Poland. Ooops :P

thehotpepper.com said:
Yeah you made the news while in Poland. Ooops :P

Hahah yes we did! Nobody was hurt thankfully. Someone was doing maintenance on a live machine gun and accidentally fired some rounds. The gun was set for 3 round burst vs. full auto or single shot, so three rounds were fired, but they luckily landed on an empty warehouse.

We were in Faslane, Scotland. Took the train out to Glasgow a couple times.

We also hit Riga, Latvia; Gdynia, Poland; and Southampton, England. Took a train up to London one day which was awesome. It reminded me a lot of a mixture of DC and NYC. Lots of monuments and tons of people/shopping/cabs, etc.

LUCKYDOG said:
Indeed welcome back ! yes exciting times http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=15362&highlight=navy

are you back just for the holidays?

Haha, yea, that's my ship! :crazy:

I'll be around for the holidays, but I'm going to a 3 week school during this time. Starts at the end of the month, Non-compliant boarding/VBSS (Visit, board, search and seizure) Should be pretty fun, also difficult..will get in better shape and drop some pounds is my guess.

xgrafcorex said:
Haha, yea, that's my ship! :crazy:

I'll be around for the holidays, but I'm going to a 3 week school during this time. Starts at the end of the month, Non-compliant boarding/VBSS (Visit, board, search and seizure) Should be pretty fun, also difficult..will get in better shape and drop some pounds is my guess.

Welcome back, be sure and PM me on the BOOTY CALL. Love those foreign girls...

xgrafcorex said:
We were in Faslane, Scotland. Took the train out to Glasgow a couple times.

I was thinking thats where you would have went but was wondering why you be in a nuclear sub (trident) base,
So you took a trip into glesga! I'll bet that was an experience lol, i like glasgow over edinburgh its more down to earth, i've had many a great weekend on the piss in glasgow

Glad to hear you're ok. oh it must be great being home! enjoy your precious time, dude.
I'll probably be on re-training in a couple of months, and that means a year and a half without THP or chiles (well maybe if I get my iPhone with me, I'll at least have a little THP here and there), just "field rations" and goats walking around. :shocked:
I'm already missing home!

xgrafcorex said:
Hey everyone, I'm back. We got deployed for a joint exercise for a couple months and finally made it home. Got to hit some good ports on the way, Scotland, Latvia, Poland, and England.. I'll post some pics once I host them on photobucket.

The exercise was insanely busy, there were many countries involved..Brazil, England, US, France, Belgium, etc. Can't remember them all. Either way, I did my part to get my Wardroom hooked on hot sauces, and even one of them used some Black Mamba to get one of the other officers.. He put a bunch of it in the other guys eggs.

Welcome back dude...how was scotland???

I had a good time I guess. Very stressful most of the time, but the ports where fun when I could get out to enjoy them. Being the PAO (Public Affairs Officer), I had to deal with a lot of extra stuff when we were in some of the ports. Tours, interviews, etc. So that cut into my time away from the ship quite a bit. Luckily we didn't do that in every port.

Here's the pics.

Underway pics:
USNS LARAMIE and USS JOHN L. HALL
Picture005.jpg

Off the coast of Scotland.
IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

Some formation cruising.
IMG_3524.jpg

USS RAMAGE, USS COLE, USS JOHN L. HALL and USNS LARAMIE.

IMG_3586.jpg

IMG_3588.jpg

Scotland. We moored in Faslane, spent time in Helensburgh and Glasgow. Some went to Edinburgh.
IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

Back