• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Barrackpore 7 Pot Global Grow Log

So Trinicoolieboy was generous enough to send a bunch of seeds to a bunch of folks here and there around the world. Thought it would be interesting to have another one source/ world wide multi grower thread in the spirit of the Nova's Naga thread. Didn't see one going yet, and figured why not?

Just planted the seeds I received a bit ago. Blank peat pellet shots aren't that exciting, but you gotta start somewhere, right? So get planting!!!

IMG_3275.jpg

Hope it's cool to start 'er up and get the ball rolling on this. Kinda just did it without any clearance and will defer to the source! Pretty excited to get some seeds direct from Trinidad though, so couldn't help it! Many thanks Trinicoolieboy!

Well transplanted all seedlings into pots with perm medium. The outside ones are strugling almost dormant but alive. The inside one has been placed under a 1000 watt HPS on a 12/12 cycle and is picking up. A week or 2 and i rekon it will be flying along! Adding a rotating 400 watt MH in a few days so that should also help. Ill let you know and add a few pics in a few days.

mine barrackapore has been germinating since aug 14 getting a little impatient. thanx trini again. will get pics as soon as something comes up.
nice setup boutros looks like a three layer hydro, are u using an air stone or wicks.

Got a quick pic to update ya-

IMG_3934.jpg

She's doin' ok... Had a prob w/ my dripper on two separate instances which coulda been very bad had I not noticed it. I'm sure it's set her back a bit, but it's fixed now.

Gonna have to get a good grow light I think sometime soon. It's been kinda cool for September here. Thought I'd have her outside this month and the next, but obviously do not. We'll see, just in a holding pattern now.

Boutros all i can say is ROCK ON. You dear sir could grow rocks...

Mine were had REALLY weird germination times. I got two that showed hooks ON THE SAME DAY and they were underground for roughly 2 months :shocked:

I had some weird germ troubles here too. Trini sent me a couple packs too! Something I did on my end I suspect. Thankful my one hydro starter did well. My peat pellets didn't do $hite! I have a couple seeds left and will do themup another way this Jan. for our regular season.

Oh NoshowNate- just noticed your ?- woulda answered sooner, somehow missed it. Using a Gen Hydro Waterfarm. A basic prefab kit. Top water drip setup in hydroton clay pellets.

I just snapped a pic of my B7-Pot in a 4" starter pot. We're coming to the end of our growing season and it's been under 4' floros for most of the time because our sun is rapidly diminishing. I've found a few aphids on it here and there, but they are fairly easy to find because it's such a small plant at the moment. It should be good to go next summer should it survive the winter. I've got nothing on boutros' plant. That thing is growing!

7-potsept1609.jpg

Lookin damn good to me Blister! Mine's under 4' flouros too. Best to you gettin' her through winter! It'll be nice to have ready to go for the start of next peak season.

Thanks boutros. Starting them early and overwintering them is about the only way for me to get any real production out of the superhots. I've only got about 90 days for a growing season and can extend that a bit with the greenhouse, but this summer really hasn't been that great.

I'm going to look into a basic hydro setup like you have. Seems to be working great for you.

...and South Africa makes a quiet entrance...

barrackpore7potsept2009.jpg

and...

barrackpore7potsept2009.jpg

*scratches head*

Looks nothing like the ones from boutros or Blister...???

*scratch scratch*

Nice to see the plants are already coming up. Nice job everyone. Very jealous as my Trini seeds don't get planted for a few months. Can't wait to grow this one.

Keep the updates coming!

Nice big broad green leaves you got there Huntsman! Looks like it's got a start on being really bushy once the lower leaves fill in. The stalk looks pretty beefy too!

Oh that's what you mean huntsman. I dunno why mine have that shine. I have three plants that look like that and to be honest, I've never had it before. I am giving them a shot of 10-52-10 root stimulator fertilizer every two weeks and the occasional foliar feeding with some VitaMax about once a month. Other than that they just get's plenty of love. Maybe you could try singing to a love song it? :lol: Seriously, do you give it any epsom salts or other nutrients?

I wouldn't worry about it too much though, it is looking great!

Thanks, man!

I have given it epsom salts and liquid kelp, and it's certainly healthy, but really looks nothing like yours or boutros'...

Maybe Trini will weigh in...??

Sure is fun, tho'!

Here is my updated pick of my 7 pot. It is being grown in a 4 1/2" pot. It seems pretty happy and has really grown since the last picture.

DCP_3703.jpg

Late entry. Trini was gracious enough to send me some seeds, as well.
Not sure how long ago I started this one, just wanted to germinate and grow one to see. Probably going to keep this one alive through the winter so I'll have a nice headstart on one of them next season.

Thanks again, Trini, it was awesome of you to share these beauties.

How in the world do you guys get such a thick stem on such a small plant.
Especially yours Huntsman. Is it grow lights that help them develop short and fluffy? my plants were about 2 feet before the stems became that thick.

Put a fan on them for a few hours each day and the stems will really thicken up. The fan helps with cell division. Although now that you have them outside the wind will do the same thing. I've noticed it on a number of my seedlings that have been put out into the sun.

Back