• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Barrackpore 7 Pot Global Grow Log

So Trinicoolieboy was generous enough to send a bunch of seeds to a bunch of folks here and there around the world. Thought it would be interesting to have another one source/ world wide multi grower thread in the spirit of the Nova's Naga thread. Didn't see one going yet, and figured why not?

Just planted the seeds I received a bit ago. Blank peat pellet shots aren't that exciting, but you gotta start somewhere, right? So get planting!!!

IMG_3275.jpg

Hope it's cool to start 'er up and get the ball rolling on this. Kinda just did it without any clearance and will defer to the source! Pretty excited to get some seeds direct from Trinidad though, so couldn't help it! Many thanks Trinicoolieboy!

Right on Trini! Got a taker on that other batch! It's in a synthetic media plug that's gonna go in a hydro- GH Waterfarm specifically- setup.

I got to thank you again, and btw the backstory for everybody else- Trini sent me more seeds cause I planted some of my first batch and sent the rest elsewhere for others to grow. So when none germed of what I planted, he sent more on his own. That's damn cool considering how much he's already sent all over the place!

So here's a pic. I'll update after I get her in the Waterfarm later on...

IMG_3591.jpg

Nice Joe- you're ahead of me. Got my sprout in a GH Waterfarm under some flouros. Mid way through August, whatever. I'll get pods from her somehow. Pretty smallums now, but just wait!

IMG_3682.jpg

Cool beans!

You guys are making me want to plant a couple of seeds. I'm going to fight the urge and save them for next season. which starts in January.

Best of luck to the rest of ya.

patrick said:
Cool beans!

You guys are making me want to plant a couple of seeds. I'm going to fight the urge and save them for next season. which starts in January.

Best of luck to the rest of ya.

I dont think it is going to happen. I am trying to stave off sowing till january 1st but it seems I may have to start this one early.

Never send a boy to do a man's job...!

(Or a beginner to do the job of a gardener)

I planted four seeds and after three days stood up under the shelf they were standing on and upended all four! They were in cups, not a seed tray, so the soil all mixed in a pile on the floor and my cursing was heard in Zimbabwe! Man, I was pissed at myself! Here I was, entrusted with the Holy Grail and I couldn't even keep them in their pots...bugga!

Since they had been growing for a few days, I didn't want to disturb any growth, so I just pushed the soil back in where I could, watered them and hoped for the best, placing them on a heat pad, under lights.

I'm sure this was the wrong course of action so please jump in with criticism....

Next mistake was to leave the plastic film on the top too long, so the single seed that managed to germinate was lanky and pale. It's now in a new pot with most of the stem under dirt, under close lighting, where it is monitored twice daily.

The balance of the seeds were planted last night in a maximum security enclosure, in a seeding tray!

Woohoo, first signs of life. I have my first hook poking through the surface of the soil. Should see some more popping up soon.

I got my first hook last night. Things are looking up for the little guy! Here's a shot. It shouldn't be too much longer before it gets its head up.

barracapor7potseedlingAug1809.jpg

It's been awhile since I've posted an update, but here's the little 7-pot now. It's looking pretty good for being in Canada. I'm RepRESENTIN'!

barracapore7potaug3009.jpg

^awesome pics guys.......

@Blister.........that things growing pretty amazing for being in canada!..........in a few months yur gonna have the pods ah-comin...

I wish I would be getting pods in a few months :(. I'm at the tail end of my outdoor growing season. I would say that I've got MAYBE 30 more days where they can get full sun. After that it gets pretty cold and I'm going to have to bring them in and put them under floro's. It should have a fantastic root system and fairly large upper for next season though. Should also be able to put out some decent pods as well.

Thanks again for sending some seeds over. I'm so happy that I've actually got one on the go!
455.gif

Since Blister posted his, and ours both sprouted at about the same time, I figured it was time for me to stop dragging my feet and post a pic of my progress. My camera sucks at taking close ups (even in macro mode) this is as close as it gets. The 7 pot is the one on the left hand side center.

Here's the pic of my fire breathing baby...

DCP_3529.jpg

Scorpion Here from AUS....HAD 3 OUT OF 5 POP UP. Germinated them in the grow room. Put 2 outside in the bloody freezing cold to see if they could handle it (still a little early here to plant) left 1 in the grow room. All are going ok the grow room one last night was transplanted from rock wool to expanded clay and is getting a 2o% grow mix. Seems to like it alot! Ill keep you posted. Plants are 1 week old germinations.

Dave

^Niceeeee.......

@MATT......you got them off and running........well growing......great start

@SCORP......that would be interesting to see how they fare in the cold....glad you got progress with yur seeds......

Back