Beer Review Feedback

chuk hell said:
I thought about asking for one but I don't know...the beer topic sould fizzle out like a flat day old miller...

Let's see how the review thread goes. If it keeps going strong then maybe a subsection of the lounge folder?
New section: The Buzz.

haha pretty cool idea...i could still see beer infiltrating other threads from time to time. :hell: i agree, the beer review thread should be stickied again. i've been trying plenty of new beers lately, but just have been lazy about uploading pictures and writing reviews.

looks like i found my home within a home here at thp. :shocked:

xgrafcorex said:
sounds delicious! i wish i could find some three floyds down my way. :cry:

i'd love to try that double ipa, and their dark lord IS.

thats why you need to become a member of ratebeer. start trading with people.. you will end up with enough trade bait to snag you a dark lord. they arent hard to get.. just getting people to give them up is the problem :)

hah yea i can imagine. especially since i have no clue what people up there can't get that i can get.

i have been to rate beer a couple times..but i have an account at beeradvocate. it was the one i found first i guess. there are plenty of trades going on there as well..but so far, the only person i've traded with is someone that i talk to about beer a lot on a metal forum. :cry: he might've been the one that told me to check out ba actually.

ill trade some beer with you once i get some more money. ive completed about 85 trades on ratebeer...

also remember that dark lord isnt just in indiana. people all over the country go there to get it, and then they take it back home with them..... so there are bottles all over the place, not just in indiana. if you want to buy one (LOL) on ebay, they go for about 70 dollars.

midas touch isnt a barleywine. its a traditional ale. its brewed with some supposed recipe that king midas had. i think its nasty personally. too sweet and grape like for my tastes. tastes like white wine. ugh

ahh i just saw the barley listed on the front and keep reading people comparing it to wine. i think i read one review that said it was by far not a traditional barleywine. either way, i'm with you...the taste is not for me. personally i like wine better than this stuff, though i don't really drink wine.

i think today i'm going to crack open the last good beer in my fridge..some allagash four.

xgrafcorex said:
ahh i just saw the barley listed on the front and keep reading people comparing it to wine. i think i read one review that said it was by far not a traditional barleywine. either way, i'm with you...the taste is not for me. personally i like wine better than this stuff, though i don't really drink wine.

i think today i'm going to crack open the last good beer in my fridge..some allagash four.

4!!!
yes!

great stuff

xgrafcorex said:
haha

that bottle of high life as been there...was using it to put sunflower seeds in. :)

haha. its still a good drinkable beer though.... i guess.... when its hot..

haha its drinkable whenever but just barely i guess. hell i used to drink a lot of malt liquor so its not soo bad at all.. just basically use it as filler to get drunk without drinking a lot of expensive beer. just enjoy some good beers..then when i think i'm to the point where i'm just going to start drinking faster and not care..i switch to the hl.

pam - good to see another person adding to our collection of beer reviews. i have had the rogue cs once or twice..but can't remember exactly how it tasted. i liked it i know... you have have the shakespheare stout? i think that is my favorite rogue.

Shakespeare Stout is one of the very best of the American stouts. I love it, and the Mocha Porter.

Rogue just does good beer.

ross said:
haha. its still a good drinkable beer though.... i guess.... when its hot..

That, my friend, is what we down here call "shop beer". It's cheap, you don't mind if the shop's "hanger-outers" bum it off you, and it's good for having a beer while doing metal fabrication. Trust me on this, you don't want to have 3 Optimators and then have to go try to weld in patch panels or use a grinder. Real quick way to wind up F**ked up and hospitalized.

for me, high life light is filler beer. not only does it ease the strain on my wallet, but also on my beer belly. i'm trying to run and lose a little weight, but it's tough to lose it when after i run, i come home and have imperial stouts and porters. ;)

also, after drinking so many good beers to enjoy..once a decent buzz has kicked in, i switch over to those so i don't just pound beers i want to relax with and enjoy.

ive pretty much gone to drinking beer once a week because it makes me gain too much weight. now i just drink scotch by the 1.75L

For a Stout, Mackeson's has very little bitterness to it which makes it perfect for the IPA bitterness hating crowd out there (read: That's me!).

Me too!

I just don't like over-hopped beers.

Back