Beer Review Feedback

i vowed to never drink that stuff again after having numerous TERRIBLE (terrible as in i couldn't even continue drinking it..passed it to someone else, they passed it, etc. etc. until it got to this girl that was already wasted..so she just drank it.) 40s of their beer. i think i did have it once since but it was ice house or nothing i think...it was rough. :(

im drinking nugget nectar right now. to sort of keep on the IPA track. and im going to drink a celebration afterwards.

i'm having a woodchuck granny smith. :P i was hoping to get some of the amber..but they were all out. i bought a corked bottle of andelot cuvee mystique. i've never had it before..but i WAS going to drink it tonight...the lady at the store had other plans when she decided to ring it up and twist the bottle upside down, sideways, etc. so i'm gonna let that sit in my fridge and settle for a day or so.

didn't try all those witbiers tonight..probably wind up doing that this weekend or something. did get more of my mainstay cheap ass beer...low life light. ha i should post a review on that one. :(

xgrafcorex said:
i'm having a woodchuck granny smith. :P i was hoping to get some of the amber..but they were all out. i bought a corked bottle of andelot cuvee mystique. i've never had it before..but i WAS going to drink it tonight...the lady at the store had other plans when she decided to ring it up and twist the bottle upside down, sideways, etc. so i'm gonna let that sit in my fridge and settle for a day or so.

didn't try all those witbiers tonight..probably wind up doing that this weekend or something. did get more of my mainstay cheap ass beer...low life light. ha i should post a review on that one. :(

high life light is the worst beer ever.

you should at least dignify yourself and buy old milwaukee.

hahaha

i would drink that stuff...but my pinkie finger gets tired from being held away from the can. :(

i've just developed a taste for the low life...its cheap, not very offensive, and goes down like water.

Bison Organic Chocolate Stout

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Where'd you get that? I haven't been able to get that for at least 4 years, and there you are swizzling it all!

Gimme that!

Pam said:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Where'd you get that? I haven't been able to get that for at least 4 years, and there you are swizzling it all!

Gimme that!
Sorry, at this point that one's long gone! I got it at Cap N' Cork in Hollywood, CA. And after that one and the other two I had, it's very hard to type this sentace out.....weeeeeeee!:cool:

xgrafcorex said:
what's going on?? is THP sobering up?? :lol: the buzz needs to get some life in it. :P

Just too busy to take the time to properly write up any beers. I'm still too tentative with my beer vocabulary to write up reviews quickly.

i haven't been too busy..just lazy i suppose. :lol:

also, have seriously cut back on my beer consumption so i can lose some weight. it is working out pretty well so far. i just have a beer a day and am moving in the right direction..i can't wait till i don't need to worry about it and can get back to drinking at my usual pace.

heh i've found the perfect weight loss drink though..i guess it could work without the coke zero, but i've been mixing coke zero with clear bacardi.

don't worry about the beer vocab. if i'm not sure, i just give a general idea, and the more you review, the better you'll get. :P

chuk hell said:
Samichlaus

14% ABV

I picked this up in New Orleans; it's not available in Texas as far as I know. For a little history about this beer read here:

http://www.realbeer.com/edu/tastes/samichlaus2000.php

What we have here is sort of a barley wine on steroids. It pours a deep cooper color with nary a head which soon settles to almost nothing. Very light carbonation.

This beer has a very sweet taste that reminded me of Avery's Samael ale. It has a nice alcohol finish which I liked but some people would probably not dig. This is definitely a 'sipper" and would be great after a nice dinner ... possibly with a nice cigar.

The one I tried was a 2006. I bought 4 bottles so the other 3 will be put down for a while. This beer proclaims on the bottle "The world's Most Extraordinary Beverage". I don't know about that but this is a very interesting beer that I'm sure will not be to everyone's taste.

I paid about 4 bucks a bottle at Whole Foods in New Orleans.

i had some of this last night..it was really good. i was worried i wouldn't care much for it after your review saying you were sure it wouldn't be to everyones taste. the smell initially had me thinking i wouldn't like it, but by the end of drinking it, i wanted another one. i might even grab another one next time i'm at the store. where you said barley wine also threw me..i'm not into those barley wine style ales, at least so far. the description i read about it was that it was a doppelbock though. which is another style i'm not terribly familiar with/into...though i would rather have one than a barley wine. :P

xgrafcorex said:
where you said barley wine also threw me..i'm not into those barley wine style ales, at least so far. the description i read about it was that it was a doppelbock though.

I'm not sure if it is a barley wine...I can't remember where I heard/read that. I could be wrong there as to whether it actually is a barley wine.. that was just my impression. It is a rather unique beer though.

I wouldn't give up on barleywines. You don't like Sierra Nevada Bigfoot? how about flying dog's Horn Dog? I love a good barley wine.

well the smell sure made me think barley wine, but i looked it up on beeradvocate.com. it was very tasty though, the smell made me think..ehh, not sure about this...but the taste is more important. gonna get another bottle i think on friday when i make my rounds at the big booze store.

bigfoot was alright..but i just haven't really gotten into that style of beer. at least so far.. wasn't too into the horn dog. the only other one that comes to mind right now that i've had is the great divide old ruffian, and a barley wine ale at the tampa bay brewing co..forget the name of that one, though i only had a few swigs of that one. (it wasn't my beer. :oops: )

unfortunately there isnt any micro brewerys up here unless Potawie knows of some in ottawa...I once went to one in peterborough(probably spelled wrong lol) it was a pub that serves their own beer...and that was some of the best beer I ever had unlike store bought....Store bought...im an ex man

Back