• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Noodle Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOODLES!

Recipe for pasta will be in the final post, these are some prep pics.  (Don't want to give anyone any hints~  ;) )

50/50 semolina and flour 
eggs
salt

I used the dough hook on the stand mixer to get it started, then finished kneading by hand. 
IMG_5095.JPG

IMG_5097.JPG

Resting~
IMG_5100.JPG

Snack while dough is resting, just got restocked on one of our favorite sauces...SWEET SPICY GIRL!
IMG_5103.JPG

I did some with spice and some without.  Just follow the process~
cut rested dough into portions
IMG_5104.JPG

Press dough flat and start to run through the pasta rollers on the largest setting, 1 on my roller.  After the first pass, sprinkle dough with pepper powder and fold over in thirds (this is called laminating).  Repeat the roll/fold process 3 times on the largest setting, then a couple times on setting 2 and 3.  after that, just continue to roll through a couple times on each setting and getting thinner each time.  My rollers are from 1-8.  The last pass was on 6. 

After getting the dough to the desired thickness, swap out to the cutting rollers and run 'em through.
IMG_5105.JPG

IMG_5110.JPG

IMG_5111.JPG

IMG_5106.JPG

IMG_5107.JPG

IMG_5112.JPG

IMG_5114.JPG

Scovie, Evan and his girlfriend are here (making salsa) I was hoping to get that picture with them.  :lol:

OH YEA!  I remember that red savina pasta!  Soooooo goood!!!!

Teaser for the actual dish~
IMG_5115.JPG

IMG_5116.JPG

And thanks, Salty!

Scoville DeVille said:
CAPERS!!!!!
Yea, baby!  And you couldn't believe I had them when you asked for them all those years ago.  :lol:

1010's doing a carbonara!  WOOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back