• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bodeen's 2013 Grow _-_ Love at First Sting

Not actually starting this yet. Just trying to get my thoughts together on what and how many I will be planting of everything. There is the possibility that there will be no cows here next year and the pastures will be made into corn fields. This would mean the barn lot will be free and empty. It grows some of the best grass on the farm and the barn does have a well and a pump already there. Could it be garden number 3??? Also contemplating enlarging the back garden again.

Seed list so far

Hot Peppers

7 Pod Yellow: One Plant
7 Pod: One Plant
7 Pod Brain Strain: Three Plants
7 Pod Burgandy: Three Plants
7 Pod Chaguanas: One plant
Aji Amarillo: One Plant
Aji Chinchi Amarillo: One Plant
Assam: Three plants
Bhut Jolokia: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Brown: Three Plants.
Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Peach: Three Plants.
Bhut Jokolia, Yellow: Three plants
Big Bomb Hybrid: Three plants
Biggie Chile Hybrid: One plant

Black Hungarian: One Plant
Budapest Hybrid: Three Plants
Cayenne (Thick): One Plant

Cayenne (Chocolate): Six Plants, with one over winter
Cayenne (Orange): One Plant
Chapeu Du Frade (Bishop's Hat): One Plant.
Chenzo Hybrid: One Plant
Cherry Bomb Hybrid: Three Plants

Czechoslovakian Black: One Plant
Fatalii: Three Plant
Fatalii, Red: One Plant
Fatalii x Savina: Three Plants
Fish: One plant.
Fresno: One Plant
Habanero Chocolate: Three plants
Habanero Orange: One plant
Habanero Peach: One Plant
Habanero Red: One plant
Habanero White: One plant

Habanero Yellow: One Plant
Hawaiian Sweet Hot: One Plant
Jalapeno, Biker Billy: One plant
Jalapeno, Goliath: One plant
Jalapeno, Purple: One plant

Jamaican Yellow: One plant
Lemon Drop: One plant.
Paper Lantern: One plant.

Peter Pepper (Orange): One Plant
Rain Forest: One Plant
Red Savina: One plant
Sante Fe Grande: Three plants.
Serrano Tamp: Two to three plants.

Thai Giant: One Plant
Tobago: One plant
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T: One plant

Trinidad Scorpion Green: Three Plants
Trinidad Moruga: Three plants
Trinidad Red Douglah: Three plants
Trinidad Douglah Chocolate: Three plants
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow: One Plant
White Scorpion Tongue: One Plant
Yellow Thai: One plant

Sweet Peppers

Jimmy Nardello: Six plants
Douce D`Espagne: Six plants
Lipstick: Two plants
Sweet Goliath: Three plants
Atris Hybrid: Three plants

Gypsy Hybrid: Three plants
La Rouge Royale: Three plants
Golden Treasure: Three plants

Mini Bell Red: Two Plants

Picked a few peppers today.  Going to try to dry the ones for mole sauce.  Or something.  The bulk were halved and stuck in the freezer.  I did have two datil for breakfast and loved them.

Peach bhuts are getting real close.  I won't be putting an entire pod of those in an omelet lol.  

917Harvest.jpg

Nice pull Jeff, some great lookin pods.  I wouldn't worry about the peach bhuts too much, they are usually on the milder side of the spectrum.  Pretty good flavor too.

romy6 said:
 Nice hauls Jeff and that fish has me salivating. I don't even like tartar sauce but i would give that a go  :party:

Thanks.  I'm not a tartar sauce guy either, always ketchup on my fish, but spicing it up like this just makes me have to use it!!!

fried perch and gills....YUM! what kinda perch you cooking? I don't eat them in the summer here but love to catch yellow and white's here in winter and we fry em up right on the ice  :cheers:

FreeportBum said:
fried perch and gills....YUM! what kinda perch you cooking? I don't eat them in the summer here but love to catch yellow and white's here in winter and we fry em up right on the ice  :cheers:

Yellow perch.  Get them from Lake Michigan and they are usually pretty huge.  Other than that, I just try to pick up some through the ice.

perch-lm-11-28-09-2.jpg

306586_10151090180034993_1638471359_n.jpg

1098044_427094894070892_1959636638_n.jpg

I wish all my perch fillets were this big.

perch-filet-11-28-09.jpg

That's a lot of fish.  I don't envy you having to clean them all.  On the other hand, that many fish heads buried in the garden (or composted first) will make for mighty fine fertilizer.

Those chocolate habs are about the blackest pepper I've seen.  Are they really as dark as they look in the photo or is it a trick of the light?  How do they taste?

Sawyer said:
That's a lot of fish.  I don't envy you having to clean them all.  On the other hand, that many fish heads buried in the garden (or composted first) will make for mighty fine fertilizer.

Those chocolate habs are about the blackest pepper I've seen.  Are they really as dark as they look in the photo or is it a trick of the light?  How do they taste?

Perch clean fairly easily.  I have never used fish in the garden before, kind of afraid of attracting animals that might just dig up the garden.  Same reason I don't use egg shells.

They are that dark.  Just took photo just like all the others.  I liked their size.  The first one I ate was one of the first ones that got ripe, so it wasn't too hot or tasty.  I will be trying another one soon and it should give me more of a true taste.

Devv said:
looking good Jeff!

Fish a plenty and beautiful choc habs too!

Have a great weekend!

Thank you.  Have a great weekend as well.

D'oh, shame on me for forgetting about digging critters (given my resident fox has taken to digging, never mind prior history).  Well, maybe some of sort of enclosed composter.  That sounds pretty stinky, but it sure is a shame not to take advantage of the nutrients in the leftovers.

Today's pull

922Harvest.jpg

Its pathetic, but its my best lantern harvest of the season.  Last year I had them coming out my ears.

922Harvest2.jpg

Fatalii Doing well

922Harvest3.jpg

Bhuts

922Harvest4.jpg

Habs

922Harvest5.jpg

Assorted supers, TFM, and Cayenne

922Harvest6.jpg

Chinchi, Lemon drop, Congo black, Ozone, Rojo, Burgundy

922Harvest7.jpg

Tepin, Donne, Perfume, TS Green

922Harvest8.jpg

And this came from what was suppose to be a chocolate bhut...So much for free seed exchanges lol

922Chocbhut.jpg

Back