• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bodeen's 2013 Grow _-_ Love at First Sting

Not actually starting this yet. Just trying to get my thoughts together on what and how many I will be planting of everything. There is the possibility that there will be no cows here next year and the pastures will be made into corn fields. This would mean the barn lot will be free and empty. It grows some of the best grass on the farm and the barn does have a well and a pump already there. Could it be garden number 3??? Also contemplating enlarging the back garden again.

Seed list so far

Hot Peppers

7 Pod Yellow: One Plant
7 Pod: One Plant
7 Pod Brain Strain: Three Plants
7 Pod Burgandy: Three Plants
7 Pod Chaguanas: One plant
Aji Amarillo: One Plant
Aji Chinchi Amarillo: One Plant
Assam: Three plants
Bhut Jolokia: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Brown: Three Plants.
Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Peach: Three Plants.
Bhut Jokolia, Yellow: Three plants
Big Bomb Hybrid: Three plants
Biggie Chile Hybrid: One plant

Black Hungarian: One Plant
Budapest Hybrid: Three Plants
Cayenne (Thick): One Plant

Cayenne (Chocolate): Six Plants, with one over winter
Cayenne (Orange): One Plant
Chapeu Du Frade (Bishop's Hat): One Plant.
Chenzo Hybrid: One Plant
Cherry Bomb Hybrid: Three Plants

Czechoslovakian Black: One Plant
Fatalii: Three Plant
Fatalii, Red: One Plant
Fatalii x Savina: Three Plants
Fish: One plant.
Fresno: One Plant
Habanero Chocolate: Three plants
Habanero Orange: One plant
Habanero Peach: One Plant
Habanero Red: One plant
Habanero White: One plant

Habanero Yellow: One Plant
Hawaiian Sweet Hot: One Plant
Jalapeno, Biker Billy: One plant
Jalapeno, Goliath: One plant
Jalapeno, Purple: One plant

Jamaican Yellow: One plant
Lemon Drop: One plant.
Paper Lantern: One plant.

Peter Pepper (Orange): One Plant
Rain Forest: One Plant
Red Savina: One plant
Sante Fe Grande: Three plants.
Serrano Tamp: Two to three plants.

Thai Giant: One Plant
Tobago: One plant
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T: One plant

Trinidad Scorpion Green: Three Plants
Trinidad Moruga: Three plants
Trinidad Red Douglah: Three plants
Trinidad Douglah Chocolate: Three plants
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow: One Plant
White Scorpion Tongue: One Plant
Yellow Thai: One plant

Sweet Peppers

Jimmy Nardello: Six plants
Douce D`Espagne: Six plants
Lipstick: Two plants
Sweet Goliath: Three plants
Atris Hybrid: Three plants

Gypsy Hybrid: Three plants
La Rouge Royale: Three plants
Golden Treasure: Three plants

Mini Bell Red: Two Plants

Super Sized my Cajun Pot Pie

1379438_10200827213152709_594542858_n.jpg

1378881_10200827693404715_944783667_n.jpg

A box of pain arrived in the mail today. Thanks a lot Jeff. 

I recognize most everything in the box except for the two chocolate peppers and the carrot looking red annum. What are those? This box looks like it will hurt about as bad as the one I sent you. That one chocolate pepper is enormous. 

20130928_133817.jpg

Carrot looking ones should be Hawaiian sweet hot.  The big chocolate is from my choc hab plant, and the other two are chocolate bonnets.

The short squat red ones are scorpion tongues and the other reds are the fatalii.  The strange shaped reds are condor's beak.

In case you didn't see the little tic tacs...Donne is in the box too. 

I'm impressed with your utilization of everything around you. When I was a kid crabapples were to be thrown at the closet kid:)

No one ever put them to use...

Got me a box of pepper love in the mail today from Annie.  Much appreciated Anne.  Need a little help on the ident though.  Going to eat some of these tonight!!

PepperLove.jpg

I know the Limon and inca red drops... I am guessing the others are Harold St. Barts, Black Cayman, Yellow TSMB, perhaps Bonda Ma Jacques, and the big red ones I am not sure of.

Bodeen said:
Got me a box of pepper love in the mail today from Annie.  Much appreciated Anne.  Need a little help on the ident though.  Going to eat some of these tonight!!

PepperLove.jpg

I know the Limon and inca red drops... I am guessing the others are Harold St. Barts, Black Cayman, Yellow TSMB, perhaps Bonda Ma Jacques, and the big red ones I am not sure of.

You guessed right!!! "Ding-ding-ding!" The reds are JA Habs. My favorite hab. Nailed the BMJ.

And thank you!

AnnsGlog10-3peppersfromJeff-Bodeen_zps0d150a67.jpg

Gonna guess yellow bhuts, looks like Jay's Peach, Peach hab?, JA choc hab? Yellow and red scorps? White bullets? scotch bonnet and tepin varieties, mustard hab, mustard scorp ?? and big reds look like JA habs. THANK YOU SO MUCH, JEFF! Please clarify, okiedokie? :dance:

Yellow and peach bhuts

Peach Habs

Chocolate Bonnet, TS Yellow, and I believe a 7 pod burgundy, although I can't tell in the pic too well.

White habs, yellow habs, TFM Scotch Bonnet are the biggest two yellows.

TS Green and 7 pod burgundy.

Tic tacs are Donne Sali and the others are a tepin variety.

Wanted to send more TS Yellows but that was the only ripe one I had.  The burgundy has an awesome aroma I think.

Bodeen said:
Yellow and peach bhuts

Peach Habs

Chocolate Bonnet, TS Yellow, and I believe a 7 pod burgundy, although I can't tell in the pic too well.

White habs, yellow habs, TFM Scotch Bonnet are the biggest two yellows.

TS Green and 7 pod burgundy.

Tic tacs are Donne Sali and the others are a tepin variety.

Wanted to send more TS Yellows but that was the only ripe one I had.  The burgundy has an awesome aroma I think.

Killer sammy spread, Jeff! Yum!

Gonna have to whip up several cheese, sofrito starter, Canadian bacon and that 7 Pod Burgundy--or pieces of it--omelet in morning! Been dying to try good tasting one!! Thank you, sweetie! Seeds will be saved! 

Been a while since I stopped in, but it looks like you are rockin and rolling still!  I am keepin my fingers crossed that the frost holds off for ya, we are just starting to feel the weather change here, had a few nights in the sub 50s.  I pick everything with some color on it every weekend to help another round of pods ripen up, so far it has worked well for me.

Sucks about the paper lanterns, I have a few plants that aren't really puttin out what I had hoped they would have.  But on the flip side I am glad you are liking the peach bhut, good stuff!

Those Incas look like one of my mystery not 7Ps, except mine don't have the nipple on the blossom end.  Plus mine seem pretty hot to me and I read the Incas are mild to medium heat.  How was the heat on that one?

Sawyer said:
Those Incas look like one of my mystery not 7Ps, except mine don't have the nipple on the blossom end.  Plus mine seem pretty hot to me and I read the Incas are mild to medium heat.  How was the heat on that one?

I would say the heat is between a jalapeno and a serrano.  I will be adding it to my grow for next year.  I think they would go great in a salad.

Back