• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

Maybe loose meat sandwich loose. But he ain't from Iowa, so... probably not.

Wow! Other then the fact that I swear this baby has turned me into a vegetarian cuz all I can eat is salad. I would say things are looking tasty in here!!! :)

probably somthin around 70/30, rough mix through the hand grinder, meat pushed together, no real hand forming, salted, then on the grill

Scotch steak, grinder, salt, push together, hot grill, onions, flip and stuff, buns EAT
SDC11764.JPG

Nice, The Only BOT I need haha, man powered
SDC11765.JPG

Push together slightly, meat protein doing there thing, season with salt, salt on grill
SDC11766.JPG

Slide onto grill carefully, top with white onion
SDC11767.JPG

FLIP!!!
SDC11768.JPG

Top with cheese, look at the cheese melting into the burger
SDC11771.JPG

Buns on top, was only going to eat 4 at this stage..... mrs included (maybe 5)
SDC11772.JPG

Looking good
SDC11773.JPG

BANG
SDC11774.JPG

Revealed
SDC11776.JPG

Hand > Mouth > Done
SDC11777.JPG

Nice! Bun is too heavy for me I'd put those gems on slider buns.

I wish i could find/get slider buns!!!!

I struggle to get any form of fresh peppers, even jalapenos...

cannot get brisket

no slider buns

crap ribs

Mexican food, terrible

rant over

Fire up the wood oven and bake them. :D

Boom you honor us.

That post is without a doubt the single most awesomestess post in this thread.

That shot of the old school grandpa meat grinder by itself is worth 2 tickets to see Jimi Hendrix.

And the patty's on the flat iron on top of the onions...

Like sex on a beach on a remote Bahamian island.

I'll take those buns too. They look guud to me and they ain't too bready for moi.

There's just too much scheezey meaty oniony goodness goin' on to be stopped by any bunninessessess.

Have mercy 2 times and holy sheeit!!!

I knew you would go bananas for that. Booma is the man.

I knew you would go bananas for that. Booma is the man.

Exactamundo!

Just look at the maillard crust on those baby's!

And the loose grind is magical.

Just looking at the pics I feel like I just licked one of them psychotropic frogs.

I'm going to go now and take off all my clothes and run around naked with all the little animals in the woods.

If you look real hard (but loosely), you can see TBs face in the cheese shot, top left patty.

Damm burgers look perfect Booma!

Mine was a single pass through a 4mm hole/blade. Then the meat was separated into equal amounts and slightly pushed together. Seasoned with salt. Tried not to play the meat too much. No squishing or flattening

Loose pack is the key. Someone tell JayT. He has a machine do his manhandling.

Scoville's mind is permanently in the gutter.

Back