• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

heat ButchT is the hottest

i ordered some butcht seeds from neil 2 days ago and got them in the mail today this afternoon.along with nagabon and 7pot/jonah he also sent me a bag of dried scorpions to sample,bloody hell they were hot......! thanks Neil @ THSC :cool:

I just watched the vid w/ Neil and two other guys in it linked on his youtube page I think. He even has a vid of him testing it a couple of years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toJY4l71LMc​

The press release that went out: Not seen it hit any media outlets yet.

After one year of development from chilli seed to full plant and fruiting we now can introduce to you the new hottest chilli in the world.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 29, 2011 --
NEW NEW NEW Hottest Chilli in the World Trinidad Scorpion Butch T variety
Measuring a staggering 1,463,700 Scoville Units of heat!!

After one year of development from chilli seed to full plant and fruiting we now can introduce to you the new hottest chilli in the world.

Grown in Australia from seeds originating from Trinidad and supplied by the Hippy Seed Company and grown by the Chilli Factory, this hottest chilli in the world has been developed and grown as a team work effort with participation from the following people and companies:

- The Hippy Seed company who supplied the seeds of this chilli to the Chilli Factory
- Mark Peacock who helped with the growing process and provided advice about diseases and fertilisers - (Mark is a graduate of Horticultural Science from the University of Sydney).
- The Chilli Factory is the grower of the new hottest chilli in the world
(And is already growing the Jolokia Chilli, formerly the hottest chilli in the world for the past 5 years).

New product will be officially introduced at the Royal Easter Show in Sydney:

All product Contact Details:
The Chilli Factory
Contact: Mr. Marcel or Alex de Wit Mobile: 0414 823 700 or 0405 450 347
The Hippy Seed Company Contact: Neil Mobile: 0408 305 946 or sales@thehippyseedcompany.com
All media enquiries to Mary O'Shea Publicity. mary@killineymarketing.com.au or 0431 157 093

Hey Nova,
I got these T Scorps from the hippy last season
do these look like the Butch T
THEY WERE THE HOTTEST I'VE EVER HAD

IMG_4578.jpg

ChocolateBhutJolokiax7PotPodYellow7.jpg

To my eye the uniform looking corrugations around the diameter of the pod suggests that it isn't. Did they all look like that or was that a freak?

The press release that went out: Not seen it hit any media outlets yet.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 29, 2011 --
NEW NEW NEW Hottest Chilli in the World Trinidad Scorpion Butch T variety
Measuring a staggering 1,463,700 Scoville Units of heat!!

Grown in Australia from seeds originating from Trinidad and supplied by the Hippy Seed Company and grown by the Chilli Factory, this hottest chilli in the world has been developed and grown as a team work effort with participation from the following people and companies:

- The Hippy Seed company who supplied the seeds of this chilli to the Chilli Factory
- Mark Peacock who helped with the growing process and provided advice about diseases and fertilisers - (Mark is a graduate of Horticultural Science from the University of Sydney).
- The Chilli Factory is the grower of the new hottest chilli in the world
(And is already growing the Jolokia Chilli, formerly the hottest chilli in the world for the past 5 years).

New product will be officially introduced at the Royal Easter Show in Sydney:

All product Contact Details:
The Chilli Factory
Contact: Mr. Marcel or Alex de Wit Mobile: 0414 823 700 or 0405 450 347
The Hippy Seed Company Contact: Neil Mobile: 0408 305 946 or sales@thehippyseedcompany.com
All media enquiries to Mary O'Shea Publicity. mary@killineymarketing.com.au or 0431 157 093

What about Butch T?

If Butch wants to post his contact details on the net he is more than welcome! His phone may melt though :lol:

I'm pretty easy to find on the web or on Facebook, BUT, I have no seeds! After the news about Neil hit the web, and
with me being a aspiring Sauce maker, I thought that it would be prudent to have a few more scorpions, so I planted
what I had left in my stash, I'll have more this fall, but for now y'all need to talk to The HippySeedCompany.com . If
your in the states he has a way to get them to you! (wink)

Hey Butch would you like me to send you some seeds so you can do a side by side comparison? All my seeds are OP but this season the only Chinenses growing near them were- Red Congo- Bhut Jolokia- Bonda Ma Jacque. Even if you somehow manage to find a cross amongst the seeds it would be a COOL cross!! PM me your addy if wanty.

Shweet rediculous heat mmmm.

If only these suckers would hurry up and ripen!

All i'm missing now is one with a full on stinger :tear:.

Hopefully now we don't have to read all this infinity viper hype.

A little birdy told me that Neil was interviewed by Australian Geographic online today about the almighty scorpion. How long does it take for a writer to write?

Story will take a bit to go from interview to print/web.

Seeds arrived today too, thanks Nova. Now add me on the bloody "little bird grapevine" ;)

Looks like i'm gonna be taking my wallet out and get me some seeds of these. Lol. The seeds i had didnt germinate. =(

Grats to neil!

Been looking to making hot sauces myself. Since i'm about to graduate culinary school and my family is thinking of getting a farm, i gots me a place to plant tons of chili plants =)

Back