contest C.I.T.D. - BEGIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture004.jpg

MJD - is that enameled CI?

And wow - I almost missed seeing your PoL!

Buddy's Pan Fried Porterhouse Steak with Cheesy Potatoes and Peach Cobbler.

Steak:
Rubbed with Italian Seasoning, Garlic, Salt, Ground Mustard, and Smoked Chocolate Bhut Jolokia/Habanero flakes. Drizzled EVOO over and rubbed steaks, let them sit all afternoon in refrigerator. Removed 1 hour before cooking. Cooking in EVOO in very hot CI skillet.

P1030763.jpg

Potatoes:
Bacon, onions, potatoes, salt, pepper, butter, parsley, jalapeno, sour cream, cheese. Cooked bacon in Dutch Oven, added onions and jalapenos - cooked for a while. Layered ingredients and put in 425 degree oven.

P1030762.jpg

Cobbler:
Butter, peaches, sugar, flour, baking powdeer, salt, cinnamon, milk, vanilla, 4 orange habaneros, 1/2 tsp smoked bhut jolokia powder. Melted butter in skillet, combined other ingredients (less peaches), added melted butter, poured mixture into skillet, add peaches. Bake in oven at 350 for approximately 1 hour.

P1030748.jpg

Finished product - also made garlic bread (pan fried in CI skillet) using hot salt (thanks Kevin) and garlic. Sauted mushrooms and sweet red peppers.

P1030768.jpg

and dessert:
P1030750.jpg

Steak was a wonderful medium rare with a lot of flavor and a good amount of heat (back of my head was sweating). Cobbler was great mix of sweet and hot with a bit of smokiness.

Buddy - that steak is a work of pure art! Does it just melt in your mouth too?
The cheesy tater pic was stunning!!!!! If any of that cobbler is missing - blame Megan!!!! haha

Buddy's Pan Fried Porterhouse With Cheesy Potatoes and Habanero Peach Cobbler.

Steak:
Rubbed with Italian Seasoning, Garlic, Salt, Ground Mustard, and Smoked Chocolate Bhut Jolokia/Habanero flakes. Drizzled EVOO over and rubbed steaks, let them sit all afternoon in refrigerator. Removed 1 hour before cooking. Cooking in EVOO in very hot CI skillet.

Potatoes:
Bacon, onions, potatoes, salt, pepper, butter, parsley, jalapeno, sour cream, cheese. Cooked bacon in Dutch Oven, added onions and jalapenos - cooked for a while. Layered ingredients and put in 425 degree oven.

Cobbler:
Butter, peaches, sugar, flour, baking powdeer, salt, cinnamon, milk, vanilla, 4 orange habaneros, 1/2 tsp smoked bhut jolokia powder. Melted butter in skillet, combined other ingredients (less peaches), added melted butter, poured mixture into skillet, add peaches. Bake in oven at 350 for approximately 1 hour.

Garlic bread (pan fried in CI skillet) using hot salt (thanks Kevin) and garlic. Sauted mushrooms and sweet red peppers.

P1030768.jpg

Peach cobbler for dessert.

P1030750.jpg

Buddy - that steak is a work of pure art! Does it just melt in your mouth too?
The cheesy tater pic was stunning!!!!! If any of that cobbler is missing - blame Megan!!!! haha

Thanks. I was really pleased with everything. The steak really turned out well.

Yeah Buddy, that's an awesome looking steak. That kind of searing with that much pink on the inside looks crazy good, nice job!!!

Yep, buddy - steak looks done to perfection. And I'm drooling over the peach cobbler. . . . where's the screen cleaner when I need it?

MGOLD - EPIC. That is a beautifully plated and prepared dish man. Oh, and let the baby wait. After he/she comes, your life will be filled with sleepless nights, spit up, dirty diapers, screaming/crying, and dread. Enjoy Your freedom while you can man!

And you think that would get easier when they get older??????? :rofl: Hah,wait till they turn 14/15/18....no they dont ware dipers,they dont need someone to clean them up but boy do they get mouthy and more difficult to deal with. Before I was able to grab both of mine,shove them in my care and bring them back home for a round of discipline...now my son is taller than me...can't pick him up anymore nor drag him with me...and he has a huge hobby called LIP FLAPPING :D

Ela - I know you have cast iron and know how to use it!!!!! hahaha I know I'm minding my Ps & Qs as long as Scovie's within arms length of HIS C.I.!!!!!! teehee

Did somebody motioned BREAKFAST? :lol:
Shortly after I move to this area I was invaded for a breakfast by my next door neighbor who was so nice, patience and understanding of my short English. She was eager to learn everything about my culture, cuisine, language, history, geography that she did not noticed when I told her that Eastern Europeans don’t use potatoes for breakfast. Needles to say how surprised I was when a big plate full of food landed in front of me with cubed potatoes sitting right on middle of it. After that day Eastern Europeans do eat potatoes for breakfast. :rofl:

Here it come the LUMBERJACK with multigrain bread.

Bread:
Whole white Flour
Whole Wheat Flour
Rye Flour
Spelt Flour
Yogurt
Cheddar Cheese
Sun dried Tomatoes packed in oil
Serrano pepper
Habanero Flakes
Salt
Compressed Yeast Cake
Sugar

Water

Mix together sugar, water and compressed Yeast. Let stand until double in size. Add to rest of ingredients. Mix well adding enough water to form not to sticky dough. Let it rise over night. Punch dough down than transfer on lightly floured surface. Sprinkle with more flour and quickly shape dough making sure to not over mix it. REMEMBER it is a NO KEED BRED. With a sharp knife slice bread on top. Let it rise for a second time for about 30 min. Bake it at 400 F covered that uncovered for another 30 min.

Lumberjack:
Bacon
Anaheim Pepper
Green Bell Pepper
Red Onion
Potato cubes
Eggs

On medium heat sauté all ingredients separately

DSC02759.jpg

DSC02747.jpg

And yeah there is no desert right ater the breakfast in our house. :D My other half didnt get a chance to change me on this one. :rofl:

Beautiful Ela! Scovie's gonna be so proud of you!!!!

Your bread has magical properties, doesn't it? I can tell from waaaaaaay over here!!!!! ;)

Thanks CJ and everyone else. I LOVE to bake. I could spend days around oven baking,cooking,mixing,spoon licking etc. :D Whish to have more time to do that.

I'm hungry again already.

Oh, yeah, Ela - be sure to add the cooking methods to your final post. It's in the prep pics, yes, but needs to be spelled in the final, too.

Hey Ela, that post looks amazing. I just stuffed myself with sushi and that makes me hungry. Also, I ain't that worried about my future kid. I hear they aren't much trouble. Quiet, well behaved, and all you really need to do is give him a TV dinner every once in a whole and you are good. Just like a dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back