• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Defcon haters? WTF?

DEFCON Creator said:
Glad to hear things are going well. If you can make it to Jungle Jims, it's a must see. The show is a big party, and everyone has a good time. Will you be swtting up a booth as well?

Yes, and i know i need to call there asap, but i need to wait until the wife gives me the 100% ok to work for me, or find someone that will.
Are they booked or there is spaces available still ?

I flew all the way from Germany to Dallas, TX, then drove from Dallas to Keller, TX, just to get some Defcon sauce*.

Then, I drove back to Dallas to the place I'm staying. In the parking lot I lost hold of the bag, dropped it on the concrete, and broke all 3 bottles I had bought.

I'm an unhappy camper. :(

* - Ok, really here on vacation, but the rest is true.

I'll have to order from hot-sauce.de when I get back home.

- Eric

elequin said:
Then, I drove back to Dallas to the place I'm staying. In the parking lot I lost hold of the bag, dropped it on the concrete, and broke all 3 bottles I had bought.

Oh man, that sucks! You might want to consider www.peppers.com as well, their international shipping rates are reasonable as reasonable goes, as they do a ton of volume. hotsauce.de does not carry our entire line, yet.

elequin said:
I flew all the way from Germany to Dallas, TX, then drove from Dallas to Keller, TX, just to get some Defcon sauce*.

I'm an unhappy camper. :(

* - Ok, really here on vacation, but the rest is true.

I'll have to order from hot-sauce.de when I get back home.

- Eric

DEFCON Creator said:
Oh man, that sucks! You might want to consider www.peppers.com as well, their international shipping rates are reasonable as reasonable goes, as they do a ton of volume. hotsauce.de does not carry our entire line, yet.

There's no place in Dallas that stocks Defcon? Not even a Whole foods store?

DEFCON Creator said:
No Whole Foods in Texas yet, New Jersey yes. We are in Keller, Houston and Hico Texas.

Do you know if the entire chain of Whole Foods carry Defcon? There is one near me in Ontario, Canada.

If not, then where in Ontario can I buy it?

Defcon 1 is great on everything, but try MK II with caution. Great flavor but it will sneak up and bite you.......

BTW, John @ Defcon, you will attend The Weekend of Fire again, right?

Diabolus said:
Do you know if the entire chain of Whole Foods carry Defcon? There is one near me in Ontario, Canada.
We're working on expanding into many more Whole Foods. It's quite time consuming. There are a couple of places in Canada that you can get our stuff. Just go to the website, look on the right side towards the top of the home page, and click on "Where else to buy", scroll all the way down to the international vendors.

WACOFlyer said:
Defcon 1 is great on everything, but try MK II with caution. Great flavor but it will sneak up and bite you.......

BTW, John @ Defcon, you will attend The Weekend of Fire again, right?

Thanks for te good words man, and yes, we will be at Jungle Jim's this year, and yes, there will be the annual National Championship Defcon Wing-Eating Deathmatch after the show on Saturday. This time is gonna be fun, we're expanding to a 20X10 booth, One side will be the normal ultraviolet booth, but the other side will be the grand opening of the Defcon Pain Center. We're working on acually having a live feed to our website for those that want to try the ZERO, so that those who can't make the show, can enjoy a little piece of it. It's gonna be FUN! (evil chuckle)

Diabolus said:

If not, then where in Ontario can I buy it?

Where in Ontario are you? The shipping is pretty reasonable - I use either Defcon directly, or if I am ordering a variety of sauces, I use Drooling Devil in Saskatchewan.

This thread got me thinking so I tracked down and finally tried some Defcon 1 wingsauce. Loved it and and will buy it again. Lives up to the label and there were no leftovers.

I tried some of Defcons sauce yesterday and well my mum always said that if you haven't got anything nice to say dont but damn the stuff tastes like nuclear waste. It looks like mud too.

It left a horrible bitter aftertaste as well. I would probably prefer to drink Neem oil.

Sorry Mr Defcon, JMO.

imaguitargod said:
WOW! I completely disagree with you Nova and now worry about you.....which one did you have?

The one that looks like mud!!
I'll have to check what one it was, i'll let you know.

That's the DM MK II, our extreme regular release stuff. It's made with a lot of extract, on purpose. It's an additive, not a wing sauce. Try our regular wing sauces, they taste nothing like the Deathmatch you ate. When we released it, I clearly stated it doesn't have the taste of the wing sauces.

We use it as an additive for our wing-eating Deathmatches. It looks like mud, because we added a bunch of caramel coloring to it on purpose, so the Deathmatch wings would turn out black.

Back