• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dillo's Grow Log 2009

Moving from one house to another at 30° F, though 4 miles only, was a lot of stress for my plants. The neglect during all the moving and cleaning up activities added some stress too and caused some severe setback for my plants. This is how far they recovered until now.

The plants in the wintergarden:
WintergartenPlantageApril.jpg

My biggest plant so far: Aji Pineapple
AjiPineapplePlantApril01.jpg

Tepin
Tepin-1.jpg

After the one Cayenne pod, one Jalapeno pod and two Cash cow pods today I saw the first three pods on my Nepali orange:
IMG_7065.jpg

IMG_7066.jpg

IMG_7068.jpg

IMG_7070.jpg

Cash Cow

imaguitargod said:
Cow? Where?>!?!?>

Here's the Cash Cow. The only informations my cousin had about this variety is that the pods ripen orange, have a lot of flavor and a lot of heat and that the plants are very prolific.

IMG_7071.jpg

IMG_7072.jpg

And this is the Cayenne pod mentioned above. It's already ripening to red! My first tiny little harvest for 2009 is probably only a few days ahead!

IMG_7075.jpg

IMG_7076.jpg

AlabamaJack said:
nice pics Dillo....how are you liking your new house? And I assume you have plenty of room to grow outside...

The new house is great and the southside yard is perfect for growing peppers. But there is not so much space for too many plants. The lawn is for my son. My wife needs some space for flowers. So I will have space for about fourty pepper plants and about thirty others (various maters, tomatillos, cape gooseberries). And I have a handful of perennials.

Back