• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dillo's Grow Log 2009

Moving from one house to another at 30° F, though 4 miles only, was a lot of stress for my plants. The neglect during all the moving and cleaning up activities added some stress too and caused some severe setback for my plants. This is how far they recovered until now.

The plants in the wintergarden:
WintergartenPlantageApril.jpg

My biggest plant so far: Aji Pineapple
AjiPineapplePlantApril01.jpg

Tepin
Tepin-1.jpg

Cash Cow

Today my son broke off a branch of my Cash Cow pepper plant with a football (you supporters of the various handegg leagues would call it a "soccer"-ball...;)). Unfortunately one of the two big pods was "harvested" this way much too early and green. I ate it and it wcas about as hot if not a bit hotter than a Cayenne but far away from a hab. I hope to harvest a lot of ripe pods of this variety this year. I'm so curious about how this "Cash Cow" may taste ripe and if anyone of you might be able to tell me what variety that might be.

Hope your son didn't suffer too much.;)

I can't get over how thick the stems on the 7 pots are--almost redwoodish. Keep up the great work Armadillo, I'm really enjoying this thread. Thanks for sharing it.

ABurningMouth said:
Never heard of cash cow pepper. Please post a pic soon.
Your plants all look happy.

I posted a few pics above and have no ripe pods by now. But I will keep you updated.

patrick said:
Hope your son didn't suffer too much.;)

I can't get over how thick the stems on the 7 pots are--almost redwoodish. Keep up the great work Armadillo, I'm really enjoying this thread. Thanks for sharing it.

My son was upset without getting crapped on. The worse challenge for my plants was the bad thunderstorm we had today. A lot of plants are bent, some lost a few leaves and one lost a bigger branch. I hope they all will make it.:(

Some of my plants produce more and more pods now and some of the pods get bigger and bigger. Here's a few examples:

Uganda "hab":

IMG_7596.jpg

IMG_7597.jpg

Jalapeno:

IMG_7601.jpg

Lemon Drop:

IMG_7599.jpg

chilehunter said:
the plants are looking great. you have a nice selection of chiles, should make for some great harvests.

Thanx, chilehunter! I really hope for some great harvest.

Here's one Jalapeno pod. My son's football hit again and broke off that little branch this pod was on. But it was nearly red ripe so I ate it. Very fruity and hotter than the Jals I find here in the shops - if I ever find some.

IMG_7426.jpg

My puppy crippled my Uganda chinense plant... Now I built a cage around it. I hope it will recover and live long and prosper.

IMG_7674.jpg

My "Cash Cow" has it's first nearly ripe pod. I harvested it a bit early to promote further growth.

IMG_7655.jpg

IMG_7657.jpg

IMG_7676.jpg

There was some talk about Cash Cow on another thread earlier and I had never heard of it. Stopped at Home Depot later that day and lo and behold there they were! Cash cows by the dozens.

Plants are looking great Armadillo. Can you let us know how the cash cow tastes and heat?

Back