• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dillo's Grow Log 2009

Moving from one house to another at 30° F, though 4 miles only, was a lot of stress for my plants. The neglect during all the moving and cleaning up activities added some stress too and caused some severe setback for my plants. This is how far they recovered until now.

The plants in the wintergarden:
WintergartenPlantageApril.jpg

My biggest plant so far: Aji Pineapple
AjiPineapplePlantApril01.jpg

Tepin
Tepin-1.jpg

Today I harvested my first 2009 pod: a Cayenne pod grown indoors. I chopped it, ate a few pieces and tossed the rest on my pizza. A lot of dry fruity flavor and some heat. Yummy!

IMG_7084.jpg

IMG_7086.jpg

Armadillo said:
I chopped it, ate a few pieces and tossed the rest on my pizza.

I did the same thing yesterday with a small ripe superchilli... except I put it in with some nachos. The first ripe one we split and ate raw the other day. Lip-tingling fun. Yowsa!

Yesterday I moved all of my plants into the yard. Some I planted directly into the soil, some are in pots so I can easily overwinter them. They had some nice morning dew and all of them stand at attention today. I'm on call today. If I have the time I'll take and post some pics later.

AlabamaJack said:
great looking plants 'dillo...and the first pod of the season is always a treat...

Of course it is! The next ones will be the Nepali Orange. One of those plants has three pods short before ripening and a lot of started pods and a helluva lot of flowers. Pictures will follow in the next few days.

patrick said:
Plants are looking great 'dillo congrats! Looks like you're going to pretty busy come harvest time.

I definitely hope so! Thanx!

Now here come some new players in the game. A friend gave me a tray of pepper plants started a bit late. They are a variety from south east Europe, the Balkans, former Yugoslavia. They are said to be hot and they are corking like Jalapenos but not along the longitudinal axle but across it.

IMG_7123.jpg

Some of the plants seem to lose some leaves by sunscald. Maybe I didn't take enough time hardening them off. But all the new leave growth seems to be okay. My Nepali orange seems to explode with tiny little pods and my Aji pineapple is the biggest plant I have. I'll post some pics later.

Back