• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dillo's Grow Log 2009

Moving from one house to another at 30° F, though 4 miles only, was a lot of stress for my plants. The neglect during all the moving and cleaning up activities added some stress too and caused some severe setback for my plants. This is how far they recovered until now.

The plants in the wintergarden:
WintergartenPlantageApril.jpg

My biggest plant so far: Aji Pineapple
AjiPineapplePlantApril01.jpg

Tepin
Tepin-1.jpg

After some heavy setbacks caused by slugs my plants slowly recover and produce some pods.

Jalapeno:

IMG_7700.jpg

That plant put all the efforts into the pods and didn't grow branches and leaves. So I harvested a few green but corking Jalapenos today to redirect the forces.
IMG_7696.jpg

caroltlw said:
I like the looks of the Nepali orange. Ever grow it before? What's the best use for it?

This is my first real peppers growing season so it's also the first time growing the Nepali orange. I've tried the first ripe pod and it was really hot. It was not that six-digit heat but it was in the league of bird peppers, tepins, hotter cayennes. It was fruity, lip numbing, a real surprise.

Looking good Dillo. Sorry to hear about the slug attack, hope you got rid of them.

I've got two of the Spitzpaprika growing thanks to you and your seeds. They are just now beginning to develop pods and flowers, can't wait to try them in a chili powder and of course fresh.

Best of luck to you with the rest of the season.

The seeds for this plant are taken from nice red chinenses I made some monster poppers with.

IMG_7747.jpg

The Turkish Pepperoni again:

IMG_7740.jpg

IMG_7741.jpg

Back