• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

do you have a EDC (every day carry)

MrArboc said:
I still want to know what N_FF meant by his "UK is retarded" comment. I would be hung by the closest tree if I said something like that about the US. But I guess no one cares what a Canadian thinks;)

I'll say it...

The US is retarded....but we'll have a good time.....at least till all the money and beer is gone!

ok retarded was the wrong word and whatever you call the group of country's over there (England Finland Sweden France Italy ec. ec.)

but as it is show me an exact written act stating that you cannot carry a knife under 3'' that dose not lock? because as i have read and researched there s no such law.

but apparently the rozzers think differently.

but whatever i realy dont care anymore. i used a narrow choice of words and theirs so many different names for your reigns it gets quite confusing. as to what is the proper terms.

The UK is a group of 4 countries - England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland (Southern Ireland is an independent state) that lies off the north west coast of central Europe. Europe is a continent and we are an outlying part of it.

With regards to knives;

The special exception which exists in the Criminal Justice Act 1988 (s139) for folding knives (pocket knives) is another "common sense" measure accepting that some small knives are carried for general utility however even a folding pocket knife of less than 3" (76mm) may still be considered an offensive weapon if carried or used for that purpose. It was a long held common belief that a folding knife must be non-locking for this provision to apply.
A Crown Court case (Harris v DPP), ruled (case law). A lock knife for all legal purposes, is the same as a fixed blade knife. A folding pocket knife must be readily foldable at all times. If it has a mechanism that prevents folding, it's a lock knife (or for legal purposes, a fixed blade) The Court of Appeal (REGINA - v - DESMOND GARCIA DEEGAN 1998) upheld the Harris ruling stating that "folding was held to mean non-locking". No leave to appeal was granted.

IGG - cool looking swords! I've thought about buying some kind of sword for display but not a cheap one that falls apart if you use it.

badger - how do you use a folding knife w/o it locking in place ? sounds like a stupid law to me.

europe2.jpg

chilehunter said:
how do you use a folding knife w/o it locking in place ? sounds like a stupid law to me.

A pocketknife or penknife doesn't lock when you open it, which means if you try and stab someone with it there's a good chance the blade will try and close up and any wound inflicted won't be as bad as one inflicted by a lock-knife, which for all intents and purposes is the same as a fixed blade. That's the only reason I can see in the legal terms anyway. But you're right - it is a stupid law. We've got a few of them here.:crazy:

Thanks for the map SYJ - that makes things nice and clear.

Thanatopsis said:
I don't carry it all the time, but mine would be a Benchmade balisong that I bought when I was 15 or 16.

wouldn't happen to be a benchmade model 42 would it? if so pics plz

My EDC is a Gerber paraframe folder with a serrated edge. I normally hate serrated blades, but this little guy was a deal at $5, so i couldn't turn it down.

millworkman said:
Carry a ken onion Kershaw Black.

Awesome knife Noah, I sold a ton of those when I had my Snap on truck. But if you really want to reach out and touch someone, I would recommend the recently acguired MR .308

DickT said:
Awesome knife Noah, I sold a ton of those when I had my Snap on truck. But if you really want to reach out and touch someone, I would recommend the recently acguired MR 308

That would do it!

.....talk about bringing a gun to a knife fight! ;)

DickT said:
Awesome knife Noah, I sold a ton of those when I had my Snap on truck. But if you really want to reach out and touch someone, I would recommend the recently acguired MR .308

Been looking at the new Sig SG556.

SHOTShow2006-SIGSG556Rifle_1small.jpg

DickT said:
I would recommend the recently acguired MR .308

MR :confused: do you mean M&P like you were talking about before ?
if so never knew S&W made a AR-308, cuz IMO that sure looks like a DPMS LR-308AP4

Back