• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

do you have a EDC (every day carry)

chillilover said:
Isn't it just a switch to turn them to auto?

what do you mean by a switch ? do you mean a selector switch to select what fire mode you want - semi/burst/full - then yes IF its a automatic reciever (gun)

but if you mean a simple switch(parts) to allow them to fire automatic (burst/full) then no, cuz you need the correct parts & some gun makers change the recievers some to help prevent the crossover to making them automatics. then let alone the laws just possessing some of the parts can give you time.

chilehunter said:
what do you mean by a switch ? do you mean a selector switch to select what fire mode you want - semi/burst/full - then yes IF its a automatic reciever (gun)

but if you mean a simple switch(parts) to allow them to fire automatic (burst/full) then no, cuz you need the correct parts & some gun makers change the recievers some to help prevent the crossover to making them automatics. then let alone the laws just possessing some of the parts can give you time.

So these ones in the pics, unless police or military, don't have a selector switch that can make them full auto? I thought it was legel in some states to own an ak-47?

My baby is back at the unit, but I also have a rifle... and a hand gun too. :)
Mine's automatic, though. :P

N_FF said:
wouldn't happen to be a benchmade model 42 would it? if so pics plz

I actually have no idea the model. Nor do I have a camera. It fell off my desk and won't turn on. Well, it turns on for a second, then turns off. If only fell a few feet onto a soft carpet too, very annoying.

My fave was a COLD STEEL RECKON with a tanto tip. Badass knife; sharp enough to cut someones hand off. The lock mechanism locked up and the thing won't close now. I need to see if Cold Steel will fix it for me.

BTW, lets not turn this into a political thread. I'd hate to have to shut it down ...what with so many fine pics of such handsome hardware!

Hey guys, what do ya'll think of the hk416? the american folks working with us are using it. didn't feel too different when I fired it, but they talked about how better it is.

chillilover said:
So these ones in the pics, unless police or military, don't have a selector switch that can make them full auto? I thought it was legel in some states to own an ak-47?

its not just the selctor switch that makes them fire in automatic mode (burst/full) you need different parts & I'm not gonna get into that. it is legal to own full autos in some states (but have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) AK-47 can be semi-auto or a automatic just like a M-16 can be automatic or semi-auto(AR-15)

I dont even know if the companies sell automatic AR-308's (like dicks pic) well in the M-16 style cuz I know they sell'em in other brands.

omri - you cant go wrong with H&K

but lets make this thread about knives, theres another gun thread. & yes I'm part to blame.

I was looking for a small pocket knife and found Kershaw Ken Onion Baby Boa - small enough for me to carry in my pocket daily. I work in an office so I dont need anything to crazy but I like to have one at the playing fields and camping - I have a Old Timer Buck knife that is to big to walk around with in my office or at home without looking to Red Neck -- No offense to any Red Necks :cool:

chilehunter said:
MR :confused: do you mean M&P like you were talking about before ?
if so never knew S&W made a AR-308, cuz IMO that sure looks like a DPMS LR-308AP4

LOL What I meant with MR was mister, as in MR Jones. Mr .308, I did not get the AR-15 yet, thats next. The 308 is from Panther Arms.

Because of you N FF I had to go out and buy these.:) Smith and wesson CK5TBS and Kershaw speed safe Shallot.
018-2.jpg

021-3.jpg

I am happy to report that after sending my RECON 1 ( tanto tip... yeah!) knife to Cold Steel they repaired it and sent it back to me at NO CHARGE.

That, my fiends, is GREAT customer service. VIVA COLD STEEL!

It's once again at my side where it belongs.

I usually carry a Colt Pony Pocketlite .380 or a S&W Airweight 38cal. But sometimes I will carry a Glock 26. All depends on what I'm wearing at the time and my mood. Oh and I also carry a real good Benchmade knife with a Tanto tip.

Pepperfreak said:
I usually carry a Colt Pony Pocketlite .380 or a S&W Airweight 38cal. But sometimes I will carry a Glock 26. All depends on what I'm wearing at the time and my mood. Oh and I also carry a real good Benchmade knife with a Tanto tip.

All i gotta say is......NNNIIIIICCCEEEEE!!!! Especially the knife.

This is my most important EDC: the Leatherman Wave is on my belt every day.
IMG_9336.jpg

One of those knives is in my pocket every day. Usually it's the Extreme Ops. I love it that I can open these knives easily left handed and right handed.
IMG_9337.jpg

On the rare occasions riding a motorcycle I wear these on my belt: the Leatherman Supertool and a Herbertz knife.
IMG_9338.jpg

This is my favorite cutter knife.
IMG_9339.jpg

Back