• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Douglah Cappy 2010

How many 7's are you getting on a plant?

I have the same seeds from Hippie and I am only getting 5-7 pods per plant so far and the plants look fantastic. I am sure the low production numbers are user error so I need to determine what to do differently next year.

Hippy Yellow 7 Pot...what more need to be said. :fireball:
IMG_4472.jpg

SV1000, Just getting a few pods here and there on the Yellow 7's but they are all huge, hopefully will produce more in the fall. A few pics of some Chocolate Scorpions side by side with Billyboy Douglah and Hippy Yellow 7 w/ Primo pods side by side with a Jonah 7. Still deciding which Douglah strain I'm going to stick with and grow, the SR strain is very nice solid pods and the billyboy I have gotten different pod shapes from each plant. The ones in the cup are from the billyboy plant I like best.
IMG_4542.jpg

IMG_4541.jpg

IMG_4540.jpg

Looking good as always Cappy, I think the douglahs with the bumps are much meaner looking! The other is pretty mean looking!!

You got to sample all of them don't you Cappy? I hope the larger ones have the heat and flavor you're looking for.

The billyboy in the cup is very similiar to the cmpman1974 strain I grew last year and shared with you SS, hoping for a better yeilding plant. The Douglah SR is crazyhot and doesn't stop, the earthy flavor only lasts 15 seconds. Also have the Choc. Scorpion and Choc. Naga really don't want so many different brown pods next season. Looking for that one special brown C. Chinese that can do it all, no choc. habs or SB in favor of these superhots this year. :crazy: Thanks for the comments.

Made my first hot sauce batch last evening just for practice with the new big stick blender. The sauce started with just some peppers that were to soft to freeze but still very usable so cut them and put them in a pot with 1 cup white vinegar. Added chopped onion and garlic, 1 cup fermented peppers and cooked down a while, then added key lime juice and pineapple and brown sugar cooked a little more and spun with the boat prop right in the pot. Ended up adding a banana and seasoned with fresh ground allspice before checking the pH and put in sterlized woozie bottles, made a dozen bottles and all are already gone today. I was drinking and forgot about the camera after a while so no filled woozie shots just having fun in the kitchen again. :beer:

IMG_4597.jpg

IMG_4601.jpg

IMG_4602.jpg

I gave all the woozies away! wife took some with her and I went around handing out sauces to friends today. This stuff is very hot and must be used mixed in to other condiments. I really nailed the pineapple-banana flavor and just the right sweetness with this batch. Never used a banana before but the smell and taste compliments the heat in this sauce well. Thanks.

Weather has finally cooled enough and getting a nice steady supply with peppers ripening all the time. A few pics from todays pickings and a first draft of a sticker I'm going to using for this years hot sauce, getting a screen print glossy label done. This T. Scorpion regular is a gorgeous pod I've been waiting to ripen all week, and Pequins harvested before the birds grab'em. Almost all my pods have been hitting the freezer lately, waiting on enough for a big batch 6 week fermentation. I know I sold a lot of pods early in the year and starting to collect good pods again, yet I feel my yields were way down this year for the heat wave in June and the rest of the summer. Also thinking my peat based mix has reached its useful life and is silt in the bottom of containers. Anyway here are the pics mid September, I hope all of you are doing well. :hotsauce: :fire:
IMG_4607.jpg

IMG_4609.jpg

IMG_4618.jpg

IMG_4616.jpg

brain-strain.jpg

Now that is quite a buffet. :) Beauitful. Love the close-up of the pequins too. Adding them should really make the sauce interesting. Good luck with it.

Chris

A banana? In a hot sauce? That's thinking outside the box PRF, glad it worked out. May have to try that some day.

Not a fan of the label but that's just me. Good luck with it.

Back