• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Douglah Cappy 2010

Yikes Cappy, your photos make me drool and reach climax at the same time LOL Love the label pics too, especially the second one down. Hope I can get a bottle of your sauce!!

Some Big Sun Scotch Bonnets and Tobago "Faria" Scotch Bonnets in the basket and a few pods from the garden in the pizza box. Pods are ripening as fast as I can pick them almost every day and new ones podding up real nice, just need a few days of steady soaking rain next week for a big flush before the end of the season. Sauce making time coming this weekend and thanks for the comments about my labels, can use as a sticker for many applications as well as on the woozie. Fall just started 3 days ago, love this time of year for pickin' peppers. :dance:
IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

IMG_4637.jpg

Beautiful pods Cappy. Your season is rounding out nicely.

It'll hit 93F today, but down to 84F tomorrow and dip to the 50's for lows next week. The cool down is very welcome as it's been unseasonably hot this year. It's very dry here and the grass is turning brown with a burning ban in effect. Hoping for some rain this weekend for us both.

Starting to think about next year and the one thing that failed me big time this year, cotton burr compost, had a steady supply of peppers all year but the plants never got covered up in pods like I like them to. Just going to till the mix I have in the ground and start each year fresh with new Pro-mix and far few containers. Hopefully Jack Frost doesn't come early this year as I still have pods forming with this cooler weather as of late. Not my best year but have plenty of peppers stockpiled to last over the winter, I enjoy starting new plants inside so I like that time of year. Just been super busy as of late and not able to log in everyday but I'm still here. :D

IMG_4673.jpg

Hey all just a little update with my labels and fermenting some peppers. Earlier this year I purchased a Gärtopf 10L fermenting pot and have made some delicious sauerkraut and a smaller batch of fermented peppers but just now have enough to fill the large crock, the first batch came out wonderfully complex flavor and well worth the extra effort. As far as the Brain Strain label I had to make it just two colors to keep the printing cost down and keep my cost per woozie affordable. Filling the crock with peppers and 1 cup salt per gallon mash and some starter from the first batch and waiting 6 weeks to add vinegar and pasturize. Weather is still very favorable here staying above 50F and harvesting peppers about once a week. Seed trades will happen this winter, thanks. :onfire:
IMG_4678.jpg

brain-strain-final-label2.jpg

I'm diggin that label Cappy. Are you mixing the peppers in your sauce or is it strictly a Brain Strain batch?
Lemme know when that sauce is available for purchase.
Kevin

Hey Kevin I'm mixing peppers only way I can have enough to make a sauce, but just about everything I grow is a C. Chinense so they mix well for an all over burn. These labels are being screen printed on glossy vinyl and will get used on more than just woozies, as soon as they come in I will start releasing my first few bottles. :cheers:

Red + Black looks like a nice label. I like it better than the red/orange/green ones. Looks like you had a great season. You're sauce is going to be amazing. So.... What are you looking for in seed trades? It seems like you've got just about everything, and plenty I'm itching to try.

You're right SS, both the inside under the lid and the weight stones are unglazed but both are easy enough to clean. Filled the crock up about 3/4 full then placed the stones then put the lid on and filled the channel with water. Comes out perfect in just 6 short weeks, got a batch that needs labels now. Zander appreciate the props on the final red and black, can't wait to see what it looks like printed out. PM what seeds your looking for and I'll start a list for a USA parcel of my seed collection ya'll can add to then pass on. Got way more seed than I will ever grow, got all my favorites picked out just cleaning house. :hell:

Added a few picks of the pepper mash as I closed the lid, will show pics again in 6 weeks. :hot:
IMG_4687.jpg

IMG_4693.jpg

Just cruised through this thread. Can I just say that it is really good for a beginner grower to see pics of the start to finish. I didn't think you could put mature plants that close to each other as you did in the earlier pictures. I'll be taking pictures through every step of my grow. My seeds have just sprouted now so all the info in this thread is good!! :onfire:

That's a great lookin logo Cappy, you ought to do some T shirts, I'd buy a couple . My Brain Strain is finally looking like it will set some pods now that it has cooled down

Back