• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Douglah Cappy 2010

Well Matt I am done supplying free seeds to everyone and their grandmother, so if you want my genetics from now on you must purchase my pods. To help support my addiction to this hobby I will be offering bulk pepper sales online though THP marketplace. Sales will start mid-summer and last till final harvest and will be first come first serve, it will be mixed super hot peppers but if you are looking for a certain seed I will label those peppers for you. This is a USA only offer as cannot ship fresh produce internationally, pre-orders are being accepted so PM for details. Happy harvests.:)

Nice work Cappy. (key word - WORK - I feel for ya brother) I'm reusing all my Pro-Mix from last year as well. Also adding a little lime. I'll bet it will work just fine. I notice plenty of Osmocote pellets still in there that never dissolved. So I won't be adding much fertilizer either.

Another 50 potted up this afternoon, lot of work for sure Tony. I will top dress with Espoma when they become established, compost should be fine till then. Ready to be done with the potting up and let mother nature do her thing and watch the peppers grow.:lol:

Yes, I see the nice full moon out my window tonight and I realize we have a frost advisory tonight... and yet will be in the low 90's this weekend. This weather here sucks. Best of luck on the plant out. It's also great to see you're going to make some profit off your pods. I may have to purchase some brain strains, if they will be available for sale. It'll be the next best thing besides growing them myself.

42 rows x 5 pots deep, I am exhausted but the hard work is done. Too tired to type.:beer:
IMG_4014.jpg

Congrats on finishing. I can imagine you are tired. That's a lot of heat. I have been nonstop myself the last 2 weeks trying to get everything out. I am hoping to finish this weekend.

jacob

No free seeds even for their grandfather PRF? :) Say it ain't so. We all depended on you.

Chris

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Well Matt I am done supplying free seeds to everyone and their grandmother, so if you want my genetics from now on you must purchase my pods. To help support my addiction to this hobby I will be offering bulk pepper sales online though THP marketplace. Sales will start mid-summer and last till final harvest and will be first come first serve, it will be mixed super hot peppers but if you are looking for a certain seed I will label those peppers for you. This is a USA only offer as cannot ship fresh produce internationally, pre-orders are being accepted so PM for details. Happy harvests.:)

Wow, that is a lot of plants! They all look so healthy too. What variety are the five tall ones up front?

Also ... Any experience/advice on combatting soil compaction and reduced water drainage in the containers? I'm going to have to grow in containers this year as well, and I know peppers don't appreciate wet feet.

The best way to combat soil compaction and have the right water drainage in containers is to start off with a quality potting mix with a lot of perlite. This is where the pro-mix and a few other quality mixes excel. The key here is a really light and fluffy mix. This is also an area where you'd want to stay away from the miracle grow mixes as they tend to have trouble in this area. For the most part, regardless of mix, once it gets warm out, your plants will dry out very quickly. You will be out there constantly watering them, so the wet feet is not really an issue, that is unless your containers don't have adequate drainage holes.

You will probably find that the plants you grow in containers, if sized correctly [at least 5 gallons], will do a lot better then the ones planted in the ground.

Congrats on getting it done Cappy. You've definitely earned a well deserved rest.

Two more weeks and it's my turn. I'm looking forward to it and at the same time dreading it. I just want to be done.

Back