• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dragon49's 2014 Grow Log

It’s time for the 2014 Chile Pepper Grow Log!  This year, I’ve decided to go with the “normal” F1 Superchiles.  It has been a ton of fun growing from my own saved Superchile seeds year after year, but last season I had too many “runty” plants that did not produce well.  I’m of course keeping all of my seeds.  I’m also going to sprout a few Aji Cereza’s.  These are from Peter Merle:

http://thehotpepper.com/user/6297-semillas/

The cross is doing well—Notice the first set of true leave starting to form:

I'm worried about the Pimente de Neyde x Bhut Jolokia F7: Two nights ago, I knocked over the pot and broke it, uprooting the baby seedling in the process. I transplanted the little stem into another pot with soil, BUT, just the stem. If there were any tiny roots attached to the stem, they didn't make the transplant. It is not dead, but I don't see it growing or forming new leaves and no clear evidence of phototropism. I was really looking forward to growing this one out, so I hope it makes it:

I still have no idea whether the Pimente de Neyde x Bhut Jolokia F7 is still alive:

The Cross continues to look good:

One of John Ford’s Brazilian Ghost’s Just popped its head up:

An Impact F2 just came out to play. 
Looking forward to see how the inter-species cross develops:

I will soon have a dilemma as I only have room for 2 full sized (in 5 gallon buckets) plants under my grow light.  I do have room for more lights.

There is something magical about seeing a hypocotyl pull cotyledons out of the soil for the first time. Such lovely sights do not only please, entice, but ravish and amaze
_Bummies__by_MenInASuitcase.gif

thanks for the pictures :)

Say Hello to Mr. Caramel Moruga:

The cross is growing very well:

It is difficult to be 100% certain, but it looks like there may be evidence of life on the Pimente de Neyde x Bhut Jolokia F7.  Is that the first set of true leaves forming in the middle?

The Cross transplant took but it is growing too slowly. I'll give it some some fertilizer with the next watering:

The Impact F2 in its new home:

The Pimente de Neyde x Bhut Jolokia F7 has pretty different colored dark leaves:

Brazilian Ghost:

Dorset Naga:

Baby Caramel Moruga:

Back