misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

Ok, note to self: live vicariously through Boutros during said trip!

I am going to be visiting Dogfishhead in a few weeks though.

JayT said:
Ok, note to self: live vicariously through Boutros during said trip!

I am going to be visiting Dogfishhead in a few weeks though.

And i fully intend to live vicariously through you during that trip, Jay.

JayT said:
I've found that I am really enjoying a new style for me - Belgian IPAs the best was called Urthel Hop-It.
Belgium IPA's are awesome! Try Stone's Cali-Belgique (sp?).

boutros said:
Imaguitargod- I knew you lived up in LA at some point- ever venture down to Stones Brewery while you were in Socal? Thinkin' about going sometime soon.
Nope, and I still kick myself to this day for not making the trip. :(

imaguitargod said:
Belgium IPA's are awesome! Try Stone's Cali-Belgique (sp?).(

I have been looking for that one. Definitely one I want to try. Also, Victory has one out called Wild Devil that is similar to HopDevil, but uses Belgian hops.

Sickmont said:
And i fully intend to live vicariously through you during that trip, Jay.

Home › Restaurant › Menus › Brews: What's On Tap?
Brews: What's On Tap?

Send to friendPrint this Page

Here is what we're pouring this week in Rehoboth Beach:
Beers On Tap (updated 6/2/09)

* Shelter Pale Ale
* 60 Minute IPA
* 90 Minute IPA
* Indian Brown Ale
* Raison D'Etre
* Chicory Stout
* Aprihop
* Festina Peche
* Immort Ale
* Pale India Ale (A Brewpub Exclusive beer)
* World Wide Stout
* Midas Touch
* Palo Santo Marron
* On the Beer Engine: 75 Minute IPA (tapped 4:30pm on 6/3/09)
* Dogfish Head Beach Beer birch beer (non-alcoholic)

In the Vintage Beer Cooler

We have a continually changing selection of aged Dogfish Head beers available for your enjoyment - for here, or to go! Check in often for the latest offerings. Quantities are limited.

Can't wait to see what vintage beers they are serving! Full report when I get back. I'll be heading to Rehoboth June 25.

Had to bail for an early work/lunch and poured a few pitchers of Yellowtail Pale Ale down my gullet. Good outta the tap, kinda whatever outta the bottle.

That Chicory Stout caught my eye up there too. Indian Brown sounds interesting- what up with it. Have a good'un...

Doubt I will get to either of them. Doubt I will get past WWS and Palo Santo. This is also the brewhouse that does the test batches so I'm sure I will be sampling some of them.

Plowed a couple Ruination's that I've seen Xgraf talk about- good! Can't tell the diff between it and the reg IPA though. Not that that means anything. I'm not exactly the James Lipton of the beer world.

Had Stone's Imperial Stout for the first time. Good but it didn't knock my socks off.

Something just showed up: Deschutes' RED CHAIR IPA. If it's anywhere nearly as good as their Hop Henge I'm in for a treat.

boutros said:
Plowed a couple Ruination's that I've seen Xgraf talk about- good! Can't tell the diff between it and the reg IPA though. Not that that means anything. I'm not exactly the James Lipton of the beer world.

Did you try them both at the same time? Or just of memory? Not sure I've ever sat down with both of them at once..though I don't recall their regular IPA making me think "damn is is great!" Not that I don't think the IPA is good, the Ruination just kicks ass.

Having some Starr Hill Northern Lights IPA..it's a good beer. Slightly dry finish with a nice dose of hops that is balanced out a bit. I like their Dark Star Stout also.

Stumbled into a sushi bar next to a theatre (saw The Hangover....go see it, it's great) b/c I knew thay had Great Lakes Black Out Stout on tap. Turns out it was happy hour and I got a little over 2.25 pints for a grand total of $5!!!!!!!!!!! And I got two pieces of freshwater eel (LOOOOOVVVVVEEEE eel, especiallyh freshwater).

xgrafcorex said:
Did you try them both at the same time? Or just of memory? Not sure I've ever sat down with both of them at once..though I don't recall their regular IPA making me think "damn is is great!" Not that I don't think the IPA is good, the Ruination just kicks ass.

Back to back, Ruination first. Couldn't tell cause I was ripped? It's all foggy.

boutros said:
Back to back, Ruination first. Couldn't tell cause I was ripped? It's all foggy.

If you were ripped you might not be tasting all that well. Could also be the Ruination wass old. Hops will mellow over time.

Fans of Ruination should try Victory's Hop Wallop, which is out now.

Good call Chuk. Also if you can find it Troeg's Nugget Nectar. I am currently awaiting delivery of two cases of Weyerbacher Double Simcoe bottle conditioned 750ml.

Back