misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

Just got back from the Rivertowne Pour House in Monroeville, PA. My buddy Andy Maxwell brews there. He's a f'ing genius when it comes to fruit beers, and brilliant with everything else as well, but oh man his Perfect Pomegranate beer was to die for.
Had another pint of his Cold Clover (amber beer with clover honey), went to beer nirvana.
Brought hhome a growler of his Dark Helmet Schwarzbier.

Mmmm beer.

Omri said:
HAHAHA! where do you find all those emoticons?

I could tell ya, but then alien bovine passows would kidnap me. (it waz teh Goolgez)

BTW, i drank a LOT of MR GRAND DAD, then i had beer...so..wheeeeeeeeee!

3pm, sounds like nap time.

imaguitargod said:
Never a more beautiful word was spoken. You said so much by saying so little. I'm a little choked up right now!

fineexampl said:
Drinking my first bottle of Orval. It tastes like leather, but in a good way.
Man oh man, I love that beer! Brettanomyces is a wonderful thing.

fineexampl said:
Drinking my first bottle of Orval. It tastes like leather, but in a good way.

You know, I do like Orval..it's not one of my favorites of the style though. We (coworkers and myself) were at this place that has a lot of good beer, Orval being one of them. The table I was at wound up getting into this "try all these different beers from different countries" thing..which was cool. We started with Belgium and ordered a bunch of beers..basically just pouring shots so everyone could taste the beers. We were going to order one more, so they asked me what else would be good and I ordered an Orval.. Maybe their Orval was old and not stored properly or something, but it really wasn't a hit..at all. I was surprised as hell honestly. Gulden Draak and Chimay blue were the favorites...along with Delirium Tremens.

Anyone from the states might know what I'm talking about..but you know those commercials that say "X (insert music, sports, etc.) is my anti-drug" ?? Well I think I found mine! It's my bike haha I swear..any day prior to owning this thing and I'd be cracking open a beer as soon as I was home, or shortly after I ran any errands I need to get done. Since having this bike, I have been riding for a bit right after work, coming back home and eating, then going back out again. Didn't have my first beer until about 2200 and I need to go to bed shortly! hehe...it's weird but in a good way that I'm more than happy to live with.

Hell, come a weekend where nothing is going on, I can have the best of both worlds. Ride day and night, then stay up late when I'm done riding and have some beers. My main goal is to continue to keep them separated completely.

edit...by the way, the beer I did start drinking at just before 2200 was Rogue Imperial Pale Ale...damn it was good! Still think I like Ruination or Double Simcoe better.

Last night I had my monthly homebrew meeting at Willoughby Brewing Company. LOADS of good beer and some 20%-ish abv Maple Mead from 2006. Paying for it today, but it was all worth it.

imaguitargod said:
Fire side is pritty damn good I must say.
it tastes like a chipotle with no heat and all the flavor. my favorite of the evening. :) Have you had Foxtrot yet? I still have 2 bottles saved. Good stuff as i recall. Only had it once at home and draft at the brewery.

I have to say, River Horse smelled alot better than Weyerbacher. Weyerbacher smelled nice and clean, whereas River Horse smelled like wort. I have to say, i prefer the wort. :lol:

Edit: i'm a repetitive douche. I have to say, I have to say, I have to say, I have to say, I have to say, I have to say, I have to say, ad nauseum

Hanging out watching the burger mayhem. I've had my share of Miller Lite & Turning Leaf pinot noir. Just thought I'd come to say hi :).

I introduced Phillipperv to alot of new beers. Turns out he likes IPA's. Fed him a Dogfish Head 60 Minute and a Stone Ruination for the IPA's. Then he also tried Dogfish Head Imort Ale, Founders Imperial Stout, and he had some samples of a few other beers.

Sounds like a drunken night. Any food? I'm t-minus two and a half hours from the start of the drunken all-day bachelor party. Still really sorry I couldn't make your party IGG. Next year.

JayT said:
Sounds like a drunken night. Any food? I'm t-minus two and a half hours from the start of the drunken all-day bachelor party. Still really sorry I couldn't make your party IGG. Next year.

We had some good pizza from the local Guys Pizza Company.

Don't worry about not being able to make it, there's alot of people that couldn't.

Back