misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

Bloody Mary with Defcon DMII......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm goooooooooddd....

cheezydemon said:
A nice cold Caramel Amber Ale (from my own basement brewery) Yum!
Now that's got me jealous!

Me? I whipped up a batch of this to set into the cupboard for a while to steep.

habs.jpg

ketel.jpg

habel1.jpg

fineexampl said:
Now that's got me jealous!

Me? I whipped up a batch of this to set into the cupboard for a while to steep.

ketel.jpg

I have to commend you on an excellent chioce of vodka sir. Actually, it's my all time favorite and in my opinion one of the best.

Sickmont said:
I have to commend you on an excellent chioce of vodka sir. Actually, it's my all time favorite and in my opinion one of the best.
Dude, i don't buy any other vodka, but thanks.:) I know someone said Finlandia is good for this sort of thing, but i don't like fancy crap like that. Ketel One was Sinatra's vodka of choice and that's good enough for me. It's always consistent with it's quality and it washes smooth. Next up will be a bottle of Patron. :onfire:

fineexampl said:
Dude, i don't buy any other vodka, but thanks.:) I know someone said Finlandia is good for this sort of thing, but i don't like fancy crap like that. Ketel One was Sinatra's vodka of choice and that's good enough for me. It's always consistent with it's quality and it washes smooth. Next up will be a bottle of Patron. :onfire:

Be careful with the tequilla. I tried that once and it seemed like it was ten times hotter than any of the pepper vodkas I've made.

Bingo with the tequilla Jay_T...I got a bottle of Quervo gold with about 10 whole tepins in it and it is almost too hot to drink...you can't even taste the tequilla...

AlabamaJack said:
Bingo with the tequila Jay_T...I got a bottle of Quervo gold with about 10 whole tepins in it and it is almost too hot to drink...you can't even taste the tequila...

JayT said:
Be careful with the tequila. I tried that once and it seemed like it was ten times hotter than any of the pepper vodkas I've made.

I wonder why that is? maybe because of the usual harshness of some tequilas. however, life's too short to drink cheap booze. a Cuervo family reserve or a Patron anejo or reposado should do fine. the anejo usually has a peppery quality to it anyway. a touch of lime should set the blend off.

What else can i make with peppers? i made a smoothie once and put a jalapeno in it and it was awful.

302px-Monopolowa.jpg

$26 for the 1.75 bottle. I'd put this potato vodka up against anything you can throw at me (figuratively speaking). It's probably my favorite vodka of all time.

DevilDuck said:
302px-Monopolowa.jpg

$26 for the 1.75 bottle. I'd put this potato vodka up against anything you can throw at me (figuratively speaking). It's probably my favorite vodka of all time.
Austrian vodka huh? nice. i'm down.

DevilDuck said:
302px-Monopolowa.jpg

Dammit, Lynn, now i've got ANOTHER bottle of booze to hunt down and try. Thanks!:)

DevilDuck said:
So comparatively speaking, how does it stand up compared to Ketel One or any of the better vodkas?

have a good rest Bent...night..

fineexampl said:
So comparatively speaking, how does it stand up compared to Ketel One or any of the better vodkas?

It's very crisp and smooth. I poured a glass for a dedicated Grey Goose drinker and he said that Monoplowa was better. It actually has more flavors happening than GG.

My wife drinks it with club soda and a lime wedge. It's a very refreshing drink this time of year.

I think it scored a 98 or 99 in the last international vodka competition.

Been a long time since I kept a bottle of Smirny in the freezer. Vodka is for bloody mary Sunday mornings these days....but only special Sundays's...like THIS Sunday.
Cheers, TB.

Ladies and gents i sampled the vodka early. I was going to let it stew for a week and than have at it, but i got impatient.

I filled a glass with ice and poured straight hab-vod on inside, about two ounces or so. right away i could smell the fruity hab aroma and the color was a light golden when held to the light. I took a few sips and right away i knew i was in heaven. It wasn't "hot", but it was REALLY REALLY warm all the way down. I next tried it as a mixer with some Mexican grapefruit soda and ROCK ONE! It was awesome! Like a vodka tonic, but without real tonic and no quinine taste. I sliced in a strawberry and that was pretty good too.

Habanero vodka is my new friend! I will be making nagavodka come harvest time and i think Xmas gifts are in order with this as well. I'd be happy as all hell to get an airplane bottle of goose or absolut with a fat sliver of bhut jolokia inside!

DevilDuck said:
302px-Monopolowa.jpg

Amen, brother, preach it!

Monopolowa is some of the best vodka out there, and as a bonus, it's a potato vodka! As an extra bonus, it's about $12 a fifth here in Texas.

Man I love that stuff.

Here's a little trick.. My friends and I called it "Vodka Technology" years and years ago. It's real simple. Take about a half a teaspoon of sugar, put it in your mouth and let it dissolve. Once it's dissolved (but before swallowing!), shoot a BIG shot of vodka, then chase it quickly with a chilled shot of cranberry juice.

Right afterwards, you'll be hard pressed to tell you've just done a big shot.

Do another.. ;)

It's a dangerous way of doing shots, as you'll find out the first time you try it.

:hell:

- Eric

Back