misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

Last night, my band had a gig at this little joint called The Tavern. The band got cool drink specials... $1 well drinks and $1 draft beers....ANY draft beer. So...... I got my fix on Stone IPA for the evening.

It made our last set kind of interesting for me to play..............

I tried more of Moylan's Irish Stout. It's just awful. I'm going to use it for cooking. Same with Atwater Block's vanilla java porter. Just terrible.

I also had a chance to visit Harvest Moon Brewery in New Brunswick, NJ for a growler. I bought a growler of their pumpkin ale and also tried their Wheat Ale Wine or something like that and it was fantastic. The pumpkin was drinkable, but nothing extravagant. Just a basic pumpkin ale. This place is very close to home. I'll probably stop in now and than.

When I get off work in an hour I'll be heading across the street to Bar Louie where thay have Greak Lake's Christman Ale on tap (it's common name around here is Christmas Jail.)

My friend John gave me two bottle of Dogfishhead Punk (Pumpkin Ale) last night which I will be giving a try tonight. Anyone else had this one? Any thoughts?

JayT said:
My friend John gave me two bottle of Dogfishhead Punk (Pumpkin Ale) last night which I will be giving a try tonight. Anyone else had this one? Any thoughts?

Good stuff. I liked it a lot.

JayT said:
Cool I just put them in the fridge. Starting off with a Troegs Dead Reckoning Porter.

Have you tried the Post Road pumpkin ale from Brooklyn Brewing? Thats the only one i think is better than the Punk.

JayT said:
It's not the best one out there, but it's worth a try. Not that well balanced.

Sickmont said:
Have you tried the Post Road pumpkin ale from Brooklyn Brewing? Thats the only one i think is better than the Punk.

Nope never had that one. My Subs and Six has a lot of Brooklyn stuff, but never seen that one. You just reminded me of good times. I had Brooklyn Brown for the first time at Yankee Stadium. That day may have been the beginning of my appreciation of good beers.

JayT said:

The only pumpkin ale ( that I've tried anyway) worth drinking. Decent but not great.

Last night I had a bottle of Gulden Draak.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48/155/

Very nice Belgian Tripel. Almost as good as Delerium Tremens and Tripel karmeleit.

That sounds good, (I read the reviews thanks for the link) I will check for that one next time I am at the Belgian bar. I have a couple of pretty well regarded Begian bars within an hour or so of me. I have had the Tremems many times and love that.

Sorry for being absent here, jus recovering from a week of chilehead bros being in town.

Buzzed.gif

What did we drink...hell, what didn't we drink..LOL

Had some killer local brews, adn lots of cheep stuff. ALso tried out Gnildir's Bhut Jolokias and Pickled Bhuts...yeeowtch! ;-)

We also tested out some Scorpion and Naga Morich pods thx to Shayne, awesome stuff.
The Scorpion wsa a real winner and a different kind of heat. :D

Here's one that went over well:

S6301949.JPG

I also had a very nice Belgian Wheat beer from Dechutes Brewery..the 20th anniversay Wit. Yummers.

Oh tippy..no more evil drinks with 151 and god knows what all, k? ;)

-QS

imaguitargod said:
When I get off work in an hour I'll be heading across the street to Bar Louie where thay have Greak Lake's Christman Ale on tap (it's common name around here is Christmas Jail.)

Are I.G Love this time of year and yes some call it Christmas ale here ,Or most just old ale..Or some again barley wine/Swine ;)

Back