misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

Just got back from The Brew Kettle. I had their Ringneck Pumpkin, Dogfish Head IBA, and a Erie Railbender all on tap. I aslo participated in their costume contest which was f-ing BS. I was, next to one other guy, the best, most autentic costume in the place and didn't even get a mention. Actually, if it weren't for the three bartenders, I probably would have been in the runing, but the bartenders were allowed to enter (BS!!!) and they just slapped some blue paint on their faces and said they were the blue man group. The person that won was a half assed costume of the "Need More Cowbell" sketch from SNL. Something that's WWWWAAAAYAYYY OLD! It just goes to show you how stupid people are. They enjoy the unoriginal (not that Jesus isn't original, but still, you get my point) overly done, half assed, idiocy........ugh! Opt me out of the human race, I want no more part of it.*

*This message brought to you by beer and frustration and disqust. I'm Jonathan Passow and I approve this message.

You...you...you..you..LOSER! So you are saying that Blue Man Group and even the cowbell guy are more popular than Jesus Christ? Say it ain't so! That is just wrong! That's it! You bring the wood, I'll bring the nails....BMG and cowbell dude are going down..I mean ....up!

Cheers, TB.

No pics, but i finally found some Trappistes Rochefort 8. So i am drinking that in honor of my girl. I did the unthinkable and popped the question and she said yes. So, here's to my chick. :shocked:

The aroma from this VERY unfiltered beer is absolute HEAVEN! The taste is so smooth with just a hint of alcohol (odd for a 9.2abv). I am such a huge fan of Belgian ales and this just proves it. The color is that of raisins and some detect that in the brews from this abbey. I have yet to try the 10, but the 6 (from 2006) and this 8 (from 2008, wish it was older) are so amazingly good. The head is gigantic at first, but melts away fast. The carbonation is more than i expected, but very refreshing. A smooth bitter finish, but very pleasant.

This stuff is NOT cheap. It's about $5-7 per 11.2oz bottle, but one sip and you know why you spent so much.

Here's the link on beer advocate:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/207/1696/

I love this stuff. I really really like it.

Have to agree i love Belgian beer to and ive tried 6/8 and its heaven,Just wish the price was a little lower about £4/5 here on average to :lol:

samsmithlager.jpg

Samuel Smith's Pure Brewed Lager Beer. This is fantastic with the Five Guys burger i'm eating. Yes, i got fries too. The three go PERFECT together.

fineexampl said:
i know people who swear by SS. I figure i owe at least a sample.

Theres an awesome British pub here called the Coach and Horses and theyve got Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout on tap. Excellent , excellent stuff. Between that and the Strongbow on tap, i can't afford to go there and drink the way i usually do too often.

You like sam smiths,Great brewery there imperial is great and the oatmeal,Taddy porter and india ale great,Love there old ale winter welcome going to grap a few bottles next time i go to derby :)

IGG if you get a chance try the Troeg's Mad Elf. It should be out now, but very limited. I love it! I just got back from my local sixpack shop with a nice little variety. I just finished a Sam Adams Hallertau Imperial Pilsner. Nice, crisp, slightly hoppy. I also got a S.A. Cream Stout, Oaked Arrogant Bastard, Sammy Smith's Taddy, and a Great Divide Hibernation Ale. It should be a good night!

JayT said:
IGG if you get a chance try the Troeg's Mad Elf. It should be out now, but very limited. I love it! I just got back from my local sixpack shop with a nice little variety. I just finished a Sam Adams Hallertau Imperial Pilsner. Nice, crisp, slightly hoppy. I also got a S.A. Cream Stout, Oaked Arrogant Bastard, Sammy Smith's Taddy, and a Great Divide Hibernation Ale. It should be a good night!
I did notice that one. Friday I'll probably pick up a single bottle to try.

I'm hitting this right now. Named for Lenny Bruce.

He'Brew: The Chosen Beer
Pre$*nt$! Bittersweet Lenny's R.I.P.A.
A rye based double I.P.A.
blind_50th_hebrew.jpg

Right away the aroma hits you on this one. Than the pour! This stuff is THICK! REALLY frothy head that lasts forever. Man oh man is this hoppy!!!! Good god is this strong. I got goosebumps from it. The smell is great, kind of floral. It's thick going down as well. The malt is apparent in this like no other IPA I've had. Remarkably good tasting and I've had a few sips now and there's still a good inch of head still on it. Lacing is near perfect. I smell lemon zest and caramel with hints of cherry. Rear sides of my tongue pick up a lot of residual bitterness that follows down the throat.

Back