misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

JayT said:
I can't believe NONE of you made fun of QS for drinking blueberry beer.

:shakes head and leaves computer:
Hey hey hey. We will have none of that. Fruit in beer is an acceptable thing (unless you are following the Reinhisgabot). True Lambics are not for the timib beer drinker. I mayself will be doing a Blackberry beer in the summer.

imaguitargod said:
Hey hey hey. We will have none of that. Fruit in beer is an acceptable thing (unless you are following the Reinhisgabot). True Lambics are not for the timib beer drinker. I mayself will be doing a Blackberry beer in the summer.

I agree with JayT..fruit beers? Blech! Like a beer wearing a skirt. Get that boy some Optimator stat!

Cheers, TB.

Had a good ipa yesterday. Green Flash' West Coast IPA. Has like four different kinds of hops. At first it reminded me of the Double Simcoe, because it does have some simcoe hops in it, but much more.

imaguitargod said:
Bout to head out to Willoughby Brewing company for sunday happy hour!!!! Bread and circus' baby!

I'm pissed. I went there and the sign on the door said they are closed on Sundays on Mondays. I was there three weeks ago on Sunday and they were open, their website says they are open, and their phone message said they were open. I'm going back on Friday and laying it on the manager. I wasn't the only one there too. People were pulling up left and right.

Well, I came back home and opened one of Passow's Imperial Pumpkin Ale (still isn't carbinated...grrr....) and it's getting better. I'm sipping on a Sam Adams Tripple Bock right now. So that's on 12.1% beer and now a 17.5% abv beer....going to be a good night!

imaguitargod said:

I've had a lindeman's lambic framboise before and it tasted like red soda with a bit of alcohol. I don't see where they get off calling that a beer.

imaguitargod said:
The aforementioned beer is not a real labic. Real lamics are sour and not syripsy/sugary.

Sour alcoholic fruit juice is still fruit juice. You should go check the mirror and make sure you haven't started to sprout breasts. :lol:

JayT said:
I can't believe NONE of you made fun of QS for drinking blueberry beer.

:shakes head and leaves computer:

texas blues said:
I agree with JayT..fruit beers? Blech! Like a beer wearing a skirt. Get that boy some Optimator stat!

Cheers, TB.

i'm with you guys. i don't want a fruity anything. a fruit essence is fine, but flat out fruit is not my style.

I am about to take a sip of an ice cold Sheaf Stout, mmm nice caramel flavour up front then a kind of molasses after. This stuff must contain enough iron to feed a small foundry *takes another sip, swishes around the back of mouth* kind of bitter but good.

Just looked at reviews on google, hahaha damn snobs!!

Pollished of a Murrys Sassy Blond (Aussie micro brewed Belgian pale ale) with lunch, a couple of pints of Home brewed Scottish 70/- then a half bottle of 2003 Shiraz with dinner i had in the fridge form yesteday. Sat down to a bottle of Dunkelweizen to watch TV once the kids were in bed and am nor sipping single barrel JD on ice.

I love being on hilidays but i may not fit into my work clothes in a couple of weeks :)

cheers

Novacastrian said:
I am about to take a sip of an ice cold Sheaf Stout, mmm nice caramel flavour up front then a kind of molasses after. This stuff must contain enough iron to feed a small foundry *takes another sip, swishes around the back of mouth* kind of bitter but good.

Just looked at reviews on google, hahaha damn snobs!!

mate i just botled a stout that will be around twice as strong, twice and bitter and twice as dark as that!

Literally

For the brewers out there.... 1.090, 80 IBU, 100 EBC

It will be ready to drink in about 6 to 12 months!

cheers

Txclosetgrower said:
You should go check the mirror and make sure you haven't started to sprout breasts. :lol:
: looks in mirror :
:shocked:
Weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! Guys! I'm never leaving home again! :lol:

All kidding aside, I don't drink Lambics or fruit beers, byut I appreciate the style.

tony05 said:
For the brewers out there.... 1.090, 80 IBU, 100 EBC
What are you estimating you FG as? And 80 IBU'S!!!! That's damn near an IPA in bitterness!

Back