misc f@#$ it im drinking ;)

Sickmont said:
Shockingly, i had no alcohol last night at all.

I have no idea why either.

It must have all gone to me. :D

Woke up realizing I'd drank 1/2 a fifth of Campbell & Cooper 86.8 candian whisky.....wheeeee!!

Good news is I still have 1 beer and the other half of the bottle left.

Growler #1 has begun!!

Basil T's Brewpub's seasonal porter.

This is good stuff. Real bitter with a hoppy coffee flavor. Not much of an alcohol taste, but more of a savory and lightly carbonated brew. Almost has a smoky undertone going on. It was going to be this or the "gingerbread" seasonal they had.
IMG_0628.jpg

Tomorrow i'm hoping to hit the other brewpubs by me to fill up my bottles. Yay!

Had three beers at the Brewrery, then a Corsendonk X-Mas Ale at La Cave along with a few sanples...now I'll probably crack open a Stone Belgian Style Tripel Ale/Collaboration.

fineexampl said:
Growler #1 has begun!!

Basil T's Brewpub's seasonal porter.

This is good stuff. Real bitter with a hoppy coffee flavor. Not much of an alcohol taste, but more of a savory and lightly carbonated brew. Almost has a smoky undertone going on. It was going to be this or the "gingerbread" seasonal they had.

Yowser, but that looks good!

I am, for the third night this week, stuck at work. So, I'm glad someone is getting to enjoy beer.

Pam said:
Yowser, but that looks good!

I am, for the third night this week, stuck at work. So, I'm glad someone is getting to enjoy beer.
I try. :)

The porter has a very lingering bitterness afterward. You know you drank this stuff by the time you are done.

Problem? This growler will not fit upright in my fridge. Guess i'll have to finish it!:lol: (i can keep it on my patio actually.)

fineexampl said:
Problem? This growler will not fit upright in my fridge. Guess i'll have to finish it!:lol: (i can keep it on my patio actually.)

Growlers are ment to be finished within a 24 hour period. They also say 48 hours at the most, but I've never actually tested that theroy as every since growler I've had has never made it past the 5 hour mark.......

imaguitargod said:
Growlers are ment to be finished within a 24 hour period. They also say 48 hours at the most, but I've never actually tested that theroy as every since growler I've had has never made it past the 5 hour mark.......
I never have it longer than 2 days. I'm nearly done with this already, but i meant more to keep it chilled. It's 45 degrees in Jersey today. That's a good temp for beer IMO.

you hosers have too much money....I can't hardly afordf cheep beer.

try living on less than $700/mo sometime.

btw, dead kid who started this thrad, wasnt a beer snob.

QuadShotz said:

Bro i'm far from loaded. i work two jobs. My girl works full time too. If anyone were stalking me they'd realize i only buy beer every two weeks; payday. :lol:

QuadShotz said:

eeeek! Been there, done that, don't want to do it again. Olympia Beer looked pretty good in those days.

Not yet, anyway; I certainly wasn't at that age. Sadly we'll never know if his tastes would have matured with the rest of him. He already liked hot peppers, so obviously the potential was there.

imaguitargod said:

5 hours? What a wimp!

Cheers, TB.

Nice evening. Hot thai food accompanied by some white wine. Added in some champagne, a really dark christmas bock beer and a few gin tonics. Weeee!

I thought of posting another drink since this is "F it I'm drinking" thread but think I'll be castrated for bringing it up. though I like'em.

chilehunter said:
I thought of posting another drink since this is "F it I'm drinking" thread but think I'll be castrated for bringing it up. though I like'em.

Another one was started but yes, the person was castrated and this one still lives on. It's the perfect place to post what you are drinking....why would we need another one?

Oh, speaking of which, I'll be drinking a Bell's Best Brown Ale tonight at 9:15. I have a recipe for how to make that one and I want to taste it first (again) to see if I want to brew it.

imaguitargod said:
Another one was started but yes, the person was castrated and this one still lives on. It's the perfect place to post what you are drinking....why would we need another one?

I'm not doubting this is a great thread & it should live on in memory of "cap lover" even though I & others at 1st were wondering WTF is with this thread, we just didn't know what was going on when it 1st started. sorry cap.

IGG - I was not talking about being castrated for making a new thread about drinking - though I wouldn't start another since this one is better!
I was just implying I'd get dissed for naming a certain drink in this thread! since it's usually about beer.

Back