• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fatalii smackdown

Here's my poor little dwarf Fatalii but don't the rest of you get complacent--it's going to go through a huge growth spurt as soon as it gets to see some sun. Be afraid, be very afraid.:P

IMG_4715re.jpg

So what is the contest here anyway? First harvest, biggest plant, best quality plant, or the most plants?? Any specific types/colors of fataliis?? Don't count me out. I'm a little behind everybody else, but I have 9 little babies now. I may have to change my plans for my first two hydroponic plants from bhut jolokia/7 pod to maybe bhut/fatalii, or maybe
7 pod/ fatalii....hmmm, so many decisions...I can't even think straight now.

superdv1 said:
I may have to change my plans for my first two hydroponic plants from bhut jolokia/7 pod to maybe bhut/fatalii, or maybe
Please do make one a fatalii. That would be it.

superdv1 said:
So what is the contest here anyway? First harvest, biggest plant, best quality plant, or the most plants?? Any specific types/colors of fataliis?? Don't count me out. I'm a little behind everybody else, but I have 9 little babies now. I may have to change my plans for my first two hydroponic plants from bhut jolokia/7 pod to maybe bhut/fatalii, or maybe

well, it is kinda like a comparison instead of a contest...but if you wanna talk smack...talk it...we do...

by the way...bring it on gents...my babies are turning out to be men....

the only thing in common is the 12 January start date...post some pics of your babies...

ABurningMouth said:
Aj, You got flowers on there already?

haven't forced them to yet...maybe in a week or two I will change the feed for a couple of plants to see if I can induce flowering...I got some special sauce just for that....

thanks Stillz...

PRF...your leaves are a lot bigger than mine...do you think we got a different strain of Fatalii or is the sun mine are getting reducing leaf size? Isn't leaf size proportional to light intensity?

then I should be in good shape....

:no further comment:

Yeah thanks Mick it will be a hot summer. AJ I think it is our different growing style not strain but well see what the pods look like. You know where mine came from. Mine have been babied in the sunniest window of the house their whole life, feed ph 6.0 water with seaweed and fish fertilizer and once with hydro nutes. My window trick seems to give the plant a more natural appearance. The 90 plants I have under my MH lamp now are a dark green but have some shrivel to the leaves like your plants. Artificial light does this I guess. Nice plants dude.

Wow!! AJ your plants are huge! Patrick, nice plant, Man! PRF...looking fantastic! Fineexample, ABM, Bigt...all these beautiful plants are actually embarrassing me...but not quite enough to refrain from showing my own. I have 4 Fatalii, all seeds planted on Jan 18th. They are all now transplanted into 4" pots. These are the 2 largest:

Fatalli.jpg

I've never grown them before so I have no idea what to expect, but after everything I've read on this forum I am very excited at the prospect of actually being able to grow and try these peppers. Since you all speak so highly of them, I'm sure I'll enjoy them too!!

right back atcha Cappy...nice plants yourself..

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
AJ I think it is our different growing style not strain but well see what the pods look like.

may be exactly Cappy...

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Mine have been babied in the sunniest window of the house their whole life, feed ph 6.0 water with seaweed and fish fertilizer and once with hydro nutes.

Mine have seen tapwater with a steady diet of Botanicare ProGrow & Liquid Karma...stopped using superthrive about a month ago...

Here are my baby fats. Planted 2/1/09. These are all pics of the same one. I have 4 that are all in about the same shape.
fatalii030809.jpg

fatalii030809b.jpg

fatalii030809c.jpg

PrairieChilihead said:
I've never grown them before so I have no idea what to expect, but after everything I've read on this forum I am very excited at the prospect of actually being able to grow and try these peppers. Since you all speak so highly of them, I'm sure I'll enjoy them too!!

nice plants PCH...last year, mine got about 4 feet tall and bushy but did not produce pods until October...

ABurningMouth said:
I still want to enter this plant grown under weak leds as the sexiest.

They definitely are sexy ABM....I think you will be satisfied with the Botanicare stuff...I have been using ProGrow for 3 years now...hint...get some Liquid Karma and give the plants a little "supplement" about once a month...

which ones are you using?

UnNatural said:
Here are my baby fats. Planted 2/1/09. These are all pics of the same one. I have 4 that are all in about the same shape.

very dark green lush foliage...I noticed on the leaf in the left hand side of the last picture some white flaky stuff...you don't have aphids on the plants do you?

ABurningMouth said:
Pretty tough little baby fats.

Thank you sir.

AlabamaJack said:
very dark green lush foliage...I noticed on the leaf in the left hand side of the last picture some white flaky stuff...you don't have aphids on the plants do you?

No Aphids. Thats just left over residue from a epsom salt misting.

Can't wait for the weather to warm up!

Back