• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fatalii smackdown

Chocolate Fatalli turning red on me. Won't be saving any seed of these.:(
IMG_2906.jpg

Not a bad looking cross but I don't taste the Fatalli all that much. Grilled up a few and placed them on my bratworst for dinner last night. I like the regular Fatalli ten times better for flavor and heat.

Cappy...it looks like mine are going to stay chocolate...I have several that I am going to leave to see what happens...if they stay chocolate, I will save the seed...

chocolate fatalii pic...used the color enhance mode to lighten the pod...was super dark in the shadows..

070409b002.jpg

I also have a red that is yellow, but not the "normal" fatalii pod shape...haven't tasted it yet...

Here is a red and on the plant right next to it which is supposed to be a red is a red that is yellow...did I confuse y'all like I did myself?

070409b004.jpg

070409b005.jpg

I think what we may have gotten was some unstable hybrids...and I am not saying that is a bad thing...I like new peppers...

Here is a regular Fatalii...from last years homegrown seeds...

070409b006.jpg

and here's a devils tongue...

070409b008.jpg

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Chocolate Fatalli turning red on me. Won't be saving any seed of these.

AlabamaJack said:
Cappy...it looks like mine are going to stay chocolate...I have several that I am going to leave to see what happens...if they stay chocolate, I will save the seed...

chocolate fatalii pic...used the color enhance mode to lighten the pod...was super dark in the shadows..

070409b002.jpg

I also have a red that is yellow, but not the "normal" fatalii pod shape...haven't tasted it yet...

Here is a red and on the plant right next to it which is supposed to be a red is a red that is yellow...did I confuse y'all like I did myself?

070409b004.jpg

070409b005.jpg

I think what we may have gotten was some unstable hybrids...and I am not saying that is a bad thing...I like new peppers...

Here is a regular Fatalii...from last years homegrown seeds...

070409b006.jpg

Yeah, some of those imposters are looking more like Datil crosses to me. Anyhow, there isn't any mistaking the real mccoy. Good looking pods there fellas.

Nice color on your Yellow Fatalli lee and Ronnie. AJ I have two Chocolate Fatalli plants growing and the second one so far has stayed brown. I know this hybrid may still produce some different looking plants, and our seed is from the same packet from a very good seed supplier. My second plant has a more pointy tip like a regular fatalli. Fingers crossed. Looks like you have a few yourself.;)

I guess I an kind of late in the "season". Then again it doesn't really matter growing indoors. I almost burned this one to death, but it made a slow recovery and it is now just recently starting to take off. It is about a month old now...

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

Hopefully this time I will do better than just one pod...(last year my bhut produced only a single pepper)

streetbmx said:
I guess I an kind of late in the "season". Then again it doesn't really matter growing indoors. I almost burned this one to death, but it made a slow recovery and it is now just recently starting to take off. It is about a month old now...

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

Hopefully this time I will do better than just one pod...(last year my bhut produced only a single pepper)

Clean setup dude, for real.:cool:

I'm getting some ripe pods now, but things are slow with all the rain we've been having. The weather is starting to look a lot like last summer:(

3698768830_9be42f8d18.jpg

Beautiful pods Lee. Potawie, at least you have a few getting ripe. Nada for me. Only thing getting ripe pepper-wise are a few Nagas w blossom end rot. Pouring on some bonemeal now, hope it's not a continuing problem.

Out of three Fatalii plants, all of them are ripening from green to red and do not have the classic shape. Mine are much more round. Anyone have pure yellow fatalii seeds they wanna send over here?

bigt said:
Only thing getting ripe pepper-wise are a few Nagas w blossom end rot. Pouring on some bonemeal now, hope it's not a continuing problem.

Hey Tony my first nagas always seem to do and work themselves out of it. The Bone meal right now will push back your flowering with all the N so I wouldn't do that. Espoma has all the bone meal you need. AJ my second plant is staying Chocolate, that is why you always grow more than one. Nice Fatalli pics everyone!:)

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
AJ my second plant is staying Chocolate, that is why you always grow more than one. Nice Fatalli pics everyone!:)

cool Cappy...I haven't tasted one yet but probably will this week sometime..

I think I read AJ saying he doesn't isolate pods, do you Cappy?

bigt sorry to hear about the blossom end rot. I had some toms that did that last year so I crushed a few rolaids, mixed them in a quart of water and fed the plant through the leaves. Soaked it down good. Didn't have any more rotten ends. Good luck to you.

Back