• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

FiveSix's 2009 Grow log

Well, I'm off to a late start, but no worries, one year I got started in late March and still managed to harvest most of my peppers. Plus all my important babies will be inside under HID's in Drip systems.

First of all I would like to thank forum members patrick and Novacastrian for offering me seeds. I really appreciate when I have 2 posts and people are willing to give me the benefit of the doubt

This thread will probably be very slow for a while and there's no need to post just yet. I just want to keep a dated log here for users to read and for showing friends.

Hot water was adjusted to a PH of 6.5 and then I followed Fatalii.net Seed Germination Guide. ( http://www.fatalii.net/growing/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=100&Itemid=107 )

I used a chart idea that I saw someone use on a forum somewhere, this way I don't have to label everything individually. Tray was placed on a heating mat and right now the light is just for show, but it's a 96 watt Power Compact 10,000K (left over Aquarium light) I'm hoping the bluer light will keep them from getting leggy. If I'm wrong here let me know!

Well that's it for now, you can see some of the varieties on the chart to get an idea of what I have.

WISH ME LUCK!:hell:

seeds001.jpg

Good luck 56. Looks like a nice set up and some good varieties. I made up a chart just like that. I can't imagine keeping track any other way. I'll be looking foward to seeing your updates!

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it! The only thing im not sure about is if a heating pad is not safe on my carpet lol.

FiveSix said:
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it! The only thing im not sure about is if a heating pad is not safe on my carpet lol.

Put a cookie sheet or roasting pan under it.

Before I was lucky enough to find seeds I had 2 seeds from a yellow thai pepper that I grew in 2006. I also had a bag of a couple hundred seeds Labeled COBAN from 2006. I think that I mixed all of my seeds together and now every seed that germinates is a suprise! lol.

The yellow Thai looks Chinense to me and it's growing slow. I do remember that this plant grew next to a Jamaican hot Chocolate. Can C.annuum cross with C chinense? if not I guess I mixed up more than I though lolol.

EDIT: oooo I just found a chart from another site and it sais ANNUUM and CHINENSE CROSSES are PROLIFIC! Woooooo So exciting :). I am at least 90 % positive this seed came out of a little tiny yellow thai pod. SWEET :)

FiveSix said:
Before I was lucky enough to find seeds I had 2 seeds from a yellow thai pepper that I grew in 2006. I also had a bag of a couple hundred seeds Labeled COBAN from 2006. I think that I mixed all of my seeds together and now every seed that germinates is a suprise! lol.

The yellow Thai looks Chinense to me and it's growing slow. I do remember that this plant grew next to a Jamaican hot Chocolate. Can C.annuum cross with C chinense? if not I guess I mixed up more than I though lolol.

EDIT: oooo I just found a chart from another site and it sais ANNUUM and CHINENSE CROSSES are PROLIFIC! Woooooo So exciting :). I am at least 90 % positive this seed came out of a little tiny yellow thai pod. SWEET :)

Lets trade seeds this fall!:)

Back