• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting something off my chest.

QuadShotz said:
1979, a great year for Rock 'n Roll. ;-)

Well, so was '83.

Lets not forget all the rock bands like Metallica b4 they started sukin', Priest, ACDC, Whitesnake, Twisted Sister, Dokken, Def Leppard and Queensryche or mebbe Europe even...good stuff and a great era.
1970 was the best year for music. 1971 was the best year for cars. :lol:
talas said:
It's the final countdown!... :lol:

Omri said:

Heheh, I have that CD...it's sitting next to my somewhat rare Depeche Mode - Master & Servant CD.

(the slavery whip mix version; it has only 5 tracks, but loooong ones)

Omri said:
1970 was the best year for music. 1971 was the best year for cars. :lol:

1970 was a better year for cars IMO - the last year of the Detroit hi compression muscle cars. 1971's had a lot more emission controls. I still have a 1970 Camaro Coupe that I bought new in July of 1970. :lol:

As regards "The Final Countdown" - check out the Norther (Finland) black/death version here:
- great variation on a classic song. And Europe played at Jaxx in Virginia a few years back - very nice.

bigt said:
As regards "The Final Countdown" - check out the Norther (Finland) black/death version here:
- great variation on a classic song.
Hahahaha! Awesome! The singer got annoying after a while though...

bigt said:
1970 was a better year for cars IMO - the last year of the Detroit hi compression muscle cars. 1971's had a lot more emission controls. I still have a 1970 Camaro Coupe that I bought new in July of 1970. :lol:

- great variation on a classic song. And Europe played at Jaxx in Virginia a few years back - very nice.
I have a thing for 67' cars. 1967 Shelby GT500 (1968 GT500KR), 1967 GTO, 1967 Impala SS and many other cars... but you can't beat the 1971 Hemi Barracuda. ;)

Omri said:
but you can't beat the 1971 Hemi Barracuda. ;)

Yes you can....1971 Trans-Am 455 H/O is faster, just not worth anywhere near as much though

And i can top that too...1970 Buick GSX stage 1.....fastest bone-stock factory muscle car period.

I'm sorry but the 69 boss 302 and the 69 shelby GT 500 convertible were greatest american cars ever. of course thats just my opinion, all feelings considered......

So we have gone from being "rolled" to talking about 80's music to talking about 70's music to talking about cars????:think: :lol:

I almost have to read the thread from the start each time just to make sure i'm still following it correctly...:shocked:

DickT said:
I'm sorry but the 69 boss 302 and the 69 shelby GT 500 convertible were greatest american cars ever. of course thats just my opinion, all feelings considered......

What about the '69 Boss 429? That beast was quite a handful.....of course a 69' Mach I SCJ was faster than the Boss 429, though.

moyboy said:
So we have gone from being "rolled" to talking about 80's music to talking about 70's music to talking about cars????:think: :lol:

I almost have to read the thread from the start each time just to make sure i'm still following it correctly...:shocked:

Check out this guy. Pretty impressive.

Sickmont said:
What about the '69 Boss 429? That beast was quite a handful.....of course a 69' Mach I SCJ was faster than the Boss 429, though.

Indeed the boss 429 was a power house, however the weight of the engine was unfavorable for road racing. I had 4 60's mustangs and a 70 mach 1. But I thought the body lines of the 69 fastback were beautiful. My opinion 67 to 70 muscle cars were way ahead of there time. The 57 chevy did absolutely nothing for me.

Remember the fold down rear seat in the 67 mustang fast back, Quckly adopted by the Jap's

DickT said:
Indeed the boss 429 was a power house, however the weight of the engine was unfavorable for road racing. I had 4 60's mustangs and a 70 mach 1. But I thought the body lines of the 69 fastback were beautiful. My opinion 67 to 70 muscle cars were way ahead of there time. The 57 chevy did absolutely nothing for me.

Remember the fold down rear seat in the 67 mustang fast back, Quckly adopted by the Jap's

The 66 and 67 charger had them too, i believe.

DickT said:
Yes they were picked up by Dautson the 1st mfg of the 240 and 280 z. Remember how small they were.

Oh, yeah. I had a 72 240Z. Awesome car. It was also the *only* car i could never figure out how to get some trim in it....it was just too tight inside of it.....i wound up outside on the hood:lol:

Sickmont said:
Oh, yeah. I had a 72 240Z. Awesome car. It was also the *only* car i could never figure out how to get some trim in it....it was just too tight inside of it.....i wound up outside on the hood:lol:

Was it crown molding or base board trim, it had to be hard to get trim in a small car like that. I would always borrow a pick up if I had to pick up wood.....:shocked:

DickT said:
Was it crown molding or base board trim, it had to be hard to get trim in a small car like that. I would always borrow a pick up if I had to pick up wood.....:shocked:

LOL, nah just some skirt trim, bud.:lol:

Back