• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good afternoon everyone. The west will definitely take the rain from FL. The predicted rain went north and east of us, but we did get clouds and a bit of moisture, nothing to get excited about.

The gardens are looking pretty good, though many of the vegetable plants have dropped their flowers due to the higher heats. Hopefully we'll cool down a bit this week.

Have a wonderful day and share it with friends.

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the rain offer, Sic. Yesterday we got our request for rain, though there was a half an hour or so that the rain rain came down so hard and fast that gutters couldnt hold the water. What a mess!!

Enjoy your time together and think of those people in PA and elsewhere where flooding has occurred. It is hard to tame Mother Nature at times. Stay healthy and share the day.

catherinew said:
Good morning everyone. Thanks for the rain offer, Sic. Yesterday we got our request for rain, though there was a half an hour or so that the rain rain came down so hard and fast that gutters couldnt hold the water. What a mess!!

Enjoy your time together and think of those people in PA and elsewhere where flooding has occurred. It is hard to tame Mother Nature at times. Stay healthy and share the day.

Thanks!  Lots of flooding close by, but nothing here at home, thank goodness.  Later this week will be the telling point, as that's when all the rain upriver will hit Harrisburg and points south.  I just went out to empty my rain gauge here at the house.  Five point 4 (that's 5.4" !!!!) inches today.

Good morning everyone. I wish I could send my scattered rain to CA for their drought. I know what its like with no moisture and heat. This is an unusual week with cooler (somewhat) temps and rain, they call a monsoon. Whatever it is, we will take it, though the humidity is not welcome.

Family movie at the museum tonight so I get to see a bit of family. Hope your day goes well. Share the fun.

lMJYV2m.png

heres a few more flower pics from the garden;
rau9kFf.jpg

l3eFRxx.jpg

sGJcJQH.jpg

eeG2tv4.jpg

ngqA5Md.jpg

HGuzWk4.jpg

8yWBoU4.jpg

vPSEISF.jpg

qjfPazU.jpg

hope you all have a wonderful day with lots of opportunities to  S.M.I.L.E. :D

Good morning, all!  The rains have finally stopped, and the sun came out yesterday!  Here at the house we ended up with 5.4" on the 23rd, 2.6" on the 24th, another 1.75" on the 25th!  Add that 9.75" to the 8.3" we had prior to the 24th and it's now officially the wettest July on record (since 1893) here.  The National Weather Service says enough rain fell across the mid-state to fill 3.3 million Olympic-sized swimming pools.  Fortunately, we got only the tiniest amount of water in our basement, unlike some of our friends.

I guess I won't have to water for a while.  Weeding is in the forecast.   :P   

GIP, LOVE, Love, love the lilies, especially the double sherbert-colored one.

Have a fabulous day, everyone!

nmlarson said:
Good morning, all!  The rains have finally stopped, and the sun came out yesterday!  Here at the house we ended up with 5.4" on the 23rd, 2.6" on the 24th, another 1.75" on the 25th!  Add that 9.75" to the 8.3" we had prior to the 24th and it's now officially the wettest July on record (since 1893) here.  The National Weather Service says enough rain fell across the mid-state to fill 3.3 million Olympic-sized swimming pools.  Fortunately, we got only the tiniest amount of water in our basement, unlike some of our friends.

I guess I won't have to water for a while.  Weeding is in the forecast.   :P   

GIP, LOVE, Love, love the lilies, especially the double sherbert-colored one.

Have a fabulous day, everyone!
That one, is one of our favorites as well  :D   It's called 'Big Kiss'
this one was of the more expensive daylillies so we only got a couple of Big Kiss, but they have multiplied well  :)

https://garden.org/plants/view/4676/Daylily-Hemerocallis-Big-Kiss/

https://www.daylilies.org/DaylilyDB/detail.php?id=891

Back