• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Cold 19-32F and no snow. Christmas party last night with lots of food. Calm day today though I’m waiting for a friend to call. I haven’t seen her in years. Coffee group, then take care of neighbors dog while he’s at work. Harry, your type of retirement is the best kind. Everyone have a wonderful day. Stay warm and healthy.

Good morning. Cold here as well - cloudy and 22F, on its way to 37F. Ice storm in tomorrow's forecast, so need to run to the grocery and beverage stores. Hope everybody has a wicked good Wednesday. Be safe out there and don't work too hard.

Last edited:
Morning (just!) all - very cold and wintry out there today.
Kittens have left for their new home and nope, I'm not missing them at all. I need to put the house back together :lol:
Cleaning, shopping and various other errands planned for today.
Have a good Thursday, keep warm, keep calm and keep smiley :D

Good morning. It's 29 on its way to 33. Cloudy and cold. Heading into the office in a few minutes. It should be a busy day. Our granddaughter will be here today through the weekend. That means grandma and granddaughter will take over the living room TV for their movies and I'll be banished to the man cave. Not so bad!!!!!! Not sure what's on the menu for this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's sleeting and 31F, on its way to 32F. Winter ice storm warning in effect. 1/4 - 1/2 inch of ice and 1" of sleet predicted. They may be on to something for a change. It's kinda white out there and looks slippery as heck. Staying in today for sure. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet, but something will come up, ha. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. 10 day until Christmas. Be safe out there.

TFIF phew didn't think I'd make it this week. Bloody freezing out there with temps hovering around -1 with -6 wind chill - lovely jubbly
Having a damn good clear out before Christmas.
I've found jars of pickles, jams etc. from 14 (and more) years ago, yes I know I'm a slob - found a place down the garden where no one will see to empty out the toxic waste - et voila, new jars to use for Cowboy Candy.
And that's it from me today - possibly work this afty, depending on the temperature.
Have a Freaking Friday people - keep warm, keep safe and keep smiley :D

Good morning from the Sunflower State. TGIF! It's 24 (-4c) on its way to 31 (-1c) partly cloudy. The wind chill is 17 (-8c). Sounds similar to Tink's WX. Too windy and cold to haul rock :lol:!! Working in the basement office this morning and then starting the weekend. Need to check the beverage inventory and stock up .... next week is forecasted to be frigid. We'll be ice fishing before you know it. Grilling hamburgers this evening. Libations later on. Be safe and be good.

It's overcast and 31F, on its way to 48F. The ice storm is over and melting has begun. Had a few power burps, but that's about it. Haven't been out yet to check for tree limb breakage. Have a few errands to run but will wait until this afternoon when it's warmer. Hope everybody has a fantastic Friday. Good Morning!

Good frigid morning. 15-32F and still windy. Not sure I’d want any of Downriver’s ice storm but we could use a bit of snow. Birthday dinner for daughters friend tonight, a few errands, and coffee group this AM. Maybe I’ll take some time to start cleaning up garden stuff I ignore in the basement.
Have a wonderful day. Keep warm this season.

Its chilly 49 at the moment headed to 71. I promise a bunch of us are very cold,lol. Riding into town and stopping at the bike shop for a bit. First ride in a month, going to be slow and pathetic. Chilling this evening and trying to stay warm. We will be bundled on the couch watching some concerts. Have a wonderful day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 25 (-4c) with a feels like of 18 (-8c) .... on its way to 33 (1c). Cold, dull and windy. Both grand kiddos are here working with Grandma on Christmas decorating and baking cookies. Not sure what I'm doing today. Probably watching football. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 38F, on its way to 41F. A little too chilly to spend much time outside. Inside it is! Football sounds good. Hope everybody stays warm and has a super Saturday. Be safe out there.

Morning all - another cold one
We've just finished putting up the decorations and twinkly lights amongst much bickering and the cat helping. Job done, don't care how they look and they twinkle.
Not much else planned for today, except a good dinner, nap during the Doris Day film :lol:
Have a peaceful Sunday people

Good morning. It's 14 (-10c) on its way to 36 (2c). This is the last of the warm days. Snow and ice in the forecast for tonight. Looks like a polar plunge is on its way for the first week of winter. We'll be at or below freezing for the next week or so. Wind chills for this coming Thursday/Friday are forecasted to be -30 (-34c). Fixing a big country breakfast this morning and then settling in to watch some sports. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's overcast and 34F, on its way to 36F. Another chilly day. The COLD days are this coming weekend. Santa's gonna freeze his azz off here. Not much planned for today. Finish getting some seed requests together, then watch some NFL. Hope everybody has a peaceful Sunday. If you go out in the cold, be safe.

Last edited:
Back