• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's snowing and 30F, on its way to 34F. First snow of the year, albeit fleeting. Currently flakes the size of half-dollars but little to no accumulation expected. We'll see. Nothing on the calendar today, so I think it's a great day to wing-it. I hear the smell of cookies will happen today, so there's something to look forward to. Now to find the vodka. Vodka does go with anything. Hope everybody has a warm and cozy Thursday. If you must go out today, be safe.

Morning chickens, cold, damp and windy - no snow.
Anyone in the path of the Arctic blast in USA, stay warm and be safe.
Not much planned today, although I may have to do a last minute booze run 🙄
and some more baking.
Have a good Friday, be warm, keep safe and keep smiley :D

Sonya ended up in the hospital most of the day yesterday with one of our customers. 79 year old lady called in the morning wondering if Sonya could come over and help her. She the day before had a accident out shopping with a bunch of cans falling on her. She was all beat up and cut they ended up giving her a CT. Luckily everything looked ok. We are going over this morning to check on her and help with a couple chores. Her name is Carol and very sweet. Running a couple chores then getting home and covering a few plants and closing the greenhouse. Will be dripping water lines on the property the next few nights. We are going to be in the 20s for overnight and mornings. We will be hunkering down and doing some serious couch chilling. Yall have a great day and good morning. Stay safe.

Good morning. It's -6f (-21c) on its way to 3f (-16c). The wind chill is -30f (-34c). Still very windy and cold but warming slightly. Not much snow fell but it drifted in areas up to a foot deep or so. We will remain hunkered down for today. Sic ..... Great spirit of giving there .... Merry Christmas to Carol. Not much going on today. I guess it's another Netflix day. Homemade Mac-N-Cheese and sausages today. Adult beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. A chilly -10F to 16F today, and warming slowly. We’re kind of used to the cold, but Sic and Sonya must be freezing. Kudos to you for helping Carol and keeping her safe. Coffee group this AM, winter tires put on the car, then getting stuff packed for tomorrow’s Christmas at daughters place. Sundays Christmas is here.
Have a wonderful day, less stress, safe and warm.

Good morning. It's sunny and the wind is blowing like crazy. Sounds like a freight train whistling up the valley. Currently 32F on its way to nowhere. The deep freeze is on its' way tonight, going down to 3F with a real feel of -24F. Yep, it's definitely a stay-indoors kinda day. The house smelled wonderful yesterday - kinda like warm cookies. I hear it's possible again today. What a great time of year! Hope everybody has a fantastic Friday. If you must brave the elements, be safe out there.

Morning all, hope all of you in the deep freeze are keeping warm, fed and beveraged up.
Whatever you're doing have a great Christmas regardless of the weather, family feuds, etc. etc.
Got so much to do today I'm like a headless chicken :lol:
It'll either come together or it won't - tant pis
Have a great Christmas Eve, keep warm, keep calm and keep smiling whatever happens :D

Last edited:
28 with a high of 44 :mope: we will not be doing much! I dont want anything to do with out west. Yall be careful. Cheese burger for breakfast then watching Netflix, concerts and interrogation videos. Have to work Monday so we will party today and celebrate our Christmas today. Carol was in good spirits yesterday and we will be looking out and helping her from now on. She said God sent us to her so kinda hard not too,lol. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's sunny and 6F, on its way to 17F. Right chilly for these parts. Single digit temps are not very common here. Won't be doing anything outside, that's for sure. Probably help with some early prep for Christmas dinner. Hope everybody has a super Saturday Christmas Eve. Stay warm.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's sunny and 4F, on its way to 19F. Still cold .... wind chill is -9F. Warming up a bit. This will be our last day of hunkering down. Had a gall bladder attack last night (too much "junk" food). I wonder if I'll learn my lesson this time!!! Things were not very pleasant for a few hours but OK now. Not much on today's agenda. Gettting ready for Christmas Day and watching some football. Be safe, be blessed and be good.

Good Morning and Merry Christmas! It's 4 (-16c) on its way to 26 (-3c). Back to normal .... shorts and flipflops WX. Not much going on. Our major family Christmas is next weekend. I think our son might make it here today. Probably watch some football. Leftovers later on. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 27 (-3c) on its way to 31 (-1c), cloudy and crazy windy. Not much going on today. Office work for a few minutes and then I'm going to watch the Premeir League matches. Taking it easy. Grilling and beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 13F, on its way to 32F. Pretty cold out there. Guess I'll stay inside today, haha. Nothing on the schedule, so maybe we'll binge watch something. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there.

Back