• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. 19-40F. Christmas cantata this morning followed by a luncheon. I got a new phone for my bday, so am leaning how to use it. Pretty much the same, just a bit different. Wrapped a few gifts yesterday, more today while watching Netflix. Waiting for boxes to arrive . . .
Have a wonderful Sunday. Stay warm.

Morning all - another Monday urgggghhh, very dark this a.m. Weather is pretty mild 14C - get the shorts out!
Not much planned today, already finished work for today and made mince pies.
Haven't got much else on the agenda, although I'm sure I'll find something to keep me out of mischief.
Have a good one chilli people and stay warm, stay calm and stay smiley :D

Good morning. It's 34 (1c) on its way to nowhere. Looks like winter arrives tonight. Light rain and snow in progress now. Cloudy and dreary. Full work schedule today down in the basement office. Short work week ..... planning to work only today and tomorrow. The grand kiddos have gone home. I'm thinking grilling, beverages and Netflix later on this evening. Be safe, bundle up and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 28F, on its way to 40F. Taking BIL to audiologist for hearing aid check. Then it's to the grocery store to pick up a few things. Oh, have to stop at the Post Office as well. That could be painful. I think today is the last day to ship for xmas arrival. Ho, ho, ho.

Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there.

Morning all - it's a very dark Tuesday morning out there. Winter Solstice tomorrow. So I'll expect to see all your druids dancing around an oak tree.
Work today and rain is forecast. I'm going to get wet.
Have a good Tuesday and keep warm, keep dry and keep smiling :D

Good morning. It's 23 (-5c) with with a wind chill of 11 (-12c) on its way to nowhere. Mostly cloudy and cold. Blizzard alert for tomorrow night through Thursday. Friday morning we're supposed to have -35 (-37c) wind chills. Driving to the office in a few minutes .... most likely the last time this year. Netflix and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

It's sunny and 27F, on its way to 41F. Not a bad day for mid-December. Participated in margarita Monday last night. The food was good and the margaritas were better. Went to the Post Office yesterday at 4:30. They close at 5:00 and it was the last day to mail pkgs for xmas delivery. It was quite the show. Of course all I needed was an international stamp. Not much on the agenda for today. Just gonna chill. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Good Morning!

Good morning. It's 24 (-4c) on its way to 32 (0c). The blizzard arrives tonight. The local WX guy has tomorrow's high temperature at -6 (-21c). The wind chills will be ridiculous. I'm staying away from town today. I expect between the storm preppers and Christmas shoppers .... it will be a cluster. Sic .... pizza and vodka .... interesting. Not sure what's on today's menu. I might try to take advantage of the last "nice" day to grill something. Working in the basement for a few hours .... then maybe Netflix. Stay warm. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. Sunny with a heavy frost and 19F, on its way to 44F. It's a tad chilly out there, but promised to be worse by the weekend. Not much planned for the day. Started binge-watching Dexter, a well-intentioned serial killer. Might watch some more of that. Hope everybody has a wickedly good Wednesday. Be safe out there.

Good morning from the polar vortex. It's 0 (-18c) on its way to nowhere. -27 (-33c) wind chill. Bitterly cold. Blizzard in progress. Visibility less than a 1/4 mile on the farm. Hunkered down inside. Working in the basement for a bit and then Netflix. It will be a white Christmas. Sic .... Nothing wrong with pizza and vodka. Delicious. Vodka pairs with anything :) . My plan is not to set foot outside today (unless I need to haul in more firewood). Libations later on. My wife says she's going to have egg nog and Fireball. Not much else is happening. Stay safe and warm.

Back