• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good late morning.

Sorry to hear about the nightmare client, Jason. There is always one. I’m sure you wouldn’t be the first to take him off the route. Just need to stay humble and take the high road. Unless he doesn’t pay, then it’s gloves off. Lol

Hope you feel better, Jane. I just started some seeds a couple days ago. I set up my grow tent and threw my overwinters in there. They’ve been relying on the kitchen window rays. They started blooming a few weeks ago. So I figured I would put them in the tent. I got me another aero garden. My old one got thrown out by my ex. Accidentally. Lol! Can’t
wait for warmer weather. I’m going crazy staying indoors all the time.

Still doing the rehab on my knee. They say the will inject it soon if the pain doesn’t go away. Also missing most of my medial meniscus. They say the can put a cadaver in its place. Oh, brother.

Take care and I hope you all enjoy the beautiful day that’s we’ve been presented with.

Oh yeah, I’m on a diet and it sucks! Lol

Chuck

Hells bells and buckets of blood - it's chuffing cold out there. A balmy -2C with wind chill factor of -5C - chuh!
Thermals, thermals and more thermals.
Plus it's Monday - gah - one advantage, the sun is shining and it should warm up in the greenhouse. I may go live in the greenhouse.
Possibly work this afternoon depending on the temperature and some potting on this a.m. if I can brave the elements.
Have a good Monday - stay warm, oh god stay warm, calm and smiley :D

Harry, the lunatic with the water meter probably would benefit from large amounts of weed. Hope you get some relief for that knee Chuck. Full day of work. Went to Croom and road mountain bikes yesterday with a buddy. Had a great time, its one of my favorite places to ride. Its starting to get real humid and warm in these parts. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 49 (9C) on its to 65 (18C). It's partly cloudy, very warm and very windy. Thunderstorms came through last night. Looks like it will stay warm through Wednesday. Working from the home office today. Should be a short week .... not planning on working on Friday. Not much else is going on today. Late soccer match tonight (season opener for our local club at Portland). Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 30-50F and very windy. At least the sun is melting the edges of the snow rug on the lawn. Thanks for the healing, Chuck. It’s one of those lingering sore throats that last a week or more. Yuck. Finished the end of season 2 of Clarksons Farm - not sure about watching the last season, though I do like Kaleb.
Monday errands, coffee group, then the day is mine. How’s the parental visit, Sic?
Have a great day ahead. Show someone you care.

Good morning. Cloudy and 38F, on its way to 48F. Showers forecast for the day. Also finished Clarkson's Farm 2. It was ok, but I think Season 1 might have been better maybe. Still found it entertaining. Not much planned for today, since jury duty postponed another week. Still need to start pepper seeds, lol. Maybe today, maybe not, ha. It is Monday, so margaritas come to mind. Hopes everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there.

Good morning!

Im, above ground so it must be good. Right?

Decided to try cross breeding. I’m trying to get my favorite seasoning chilis to cross. I’m pollinating Sadabahar with Goats weed. I’ve successfully got one pod going. Just did another this morning. Man I’m bored. Lol

Have a good day!

Attachments

• F4633E0C-7083-4420-8E67-8034F72150AD.jpeg
    F4633E0C-7083-4420-8E67-8034F72150AD.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 6F9211A7-BE45-4C4E-BB9E-7A11ED828FA0.jpeg
    6F9211A7-BE45-4C4E-BB9E-7A11ED828FA0.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 6744F988-1D17-449E-A015-4344FD747F84.jpeg
    6744F988-1D17-449E-A015-4344FD747F84.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 49
Goodmorning my sweet doggies!

@OCD Chilehead I really need to read up on crossing 'one of these days', it all sounds like abracadabra still.

@Downriver I agree about season 1, it was indeed better. Did you google what happened to the restaurant after season 2 finished?

It's Tuesday all, which means we're creeping up on Wednesday, after which it will be Thursday and then It's practically weekend. But first, let's get this Tuesday going. I'm off to work for a regular grind today. No big projects today, which can be nice as well, every now and then.

Might take a look at the seedlings before I leave. I don't want them to go thirsty and die on me. And I need the seedlings to stay strong in order to be able to move them to their new designated area in the attic. (I got Mr. Ratat to be lenient and grant me yet another corner of the house for my hobby. He did not want me to expand to the kitchen. 😀)

Morning all - survived the dreaded Monday.
Another cold, cold day - I think I might live in my thermals until the first day of Spring. Get sown into them like the cowboys do.
Anyways, work all day today, it's going to be freezing out there, a balmy -1C with wind chill of -4C - lush!

@OCD Chilehead - every day you wake up is a bonus, that's what I tell myself :lol: Hope that knee is improving.

Have a good Tuesday people, keep warm, calm and smiley and wear those thermals :D

Good morning. It's 36 (2C) on its way to 64 (18C). Another in a string of very nice days. Drove into the office today. Full meeting schedule. Looking forward to starting the Chinenses this weekend. Yesterday, I was looking around outside and noticed a number of small jobs that I need to get busy on. Not much else is going on today. I've probably got 2-4 weeks of full time work left and then it's back to retirement. Have a great day. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and burning the fog off, 45F, and heading to 62F. No thermals required , today anyway! Might head to the garden and actually DO something - not sure what. Got a couple seeds planted yesterday, just not peppers. Maybe later today. No Ratat, didn't google - guess I'll wait and be surprised, assuming there's gonna be a Season 3. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. Snow flurries predicted for 2 days, no big deal. I’m nursing this throat thing so will be good and stay home. We have a funeral tomorrow for one in our coffee group.
Sic, enjoy the folks while they are in FL.
OCD, great to hear of your crosses, can’t wait to see a ripe one.
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and hug a tree.

Good morning my fluffy pancakes,

@catherinew My condolences. I hope the funeral will be the beautiful farewell you want it to be.

I'm still browsing second hand grow tents, but haven't found the perfect deal. I'm sure it is out there. I know I could use one, with all the bigger pots the seedlings need, the window sill in the kitchen is getting really crowded. 😄

My morning routine has established itself by now. I go from bed to the attic nursery, back down to the shower, kitchen for breakfast and a check on the pepper plants in the window sill, coffee with my better half in the living room, a morning visit to THP, then I'm off to work, via the garage nursery. I've nailed it!

Somehow It's already Wednesday again. I think I lost a day this week somewhere. There's enough to do at work, so I hope I'll find some extra hours today.

Enjoy your day!

Bike ride this morning with O.M.S. then a few chores. Parents are here and settled. Went out to eat last night at a bbq joint, had fried corn on cob. Wow very good. Not sure what is going on this afternoon evening? We did watch the Mardough thinggy, spoiled brats doing spoiled things. Have a great day and good morning.

Happy March 1! Good morning. It's 44F on its way to 59F. It's still very nice. Even the long-term forecast looks decent. Just waiting for the eventual last Arctic blast of winter. Working from home today. Full schedule until 1800. Got things ready to go to start babies this weekend. I'm receiving lots of inquiries from friends and family re: seeds, trays, soil, lights, freebie extra plants, would I start specific varieties for them, am I going to sell plants and pods this year .... etc. Apparently, everybody is getting the bug. My plan is to go old school this year and grow our best tried/true varieties. Probably won't have much in the way of trendy new stuff. Need to start thinking about planting potatoes and onions soon. We usually do this after St. Patty's Day. Grilling this evening and beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Flurries. Blah.

Just sitting around and watching pepper seeds.waiting for them to sprout is worse than me watching paint dry. Bit of a Zen experience if you ask me.lol

Catherinew. Sorry to hear about loss of friend. Life is never the same when you lose friends and family. I still miss my mom dearly, everyday. It’s been 6 months and still like it was yesterday. Take care and enjoy the day. That’s what they would want.

Ratatouille, I love the routine. Sounds wonderful!

Take care everyone and enjoy YOUR day. It’s YOURS , do what you want with it.

Chuck

Back