• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's mostly sunny and 45F, on its way to 57F. Still got 20mph wind, but not as bad as the 50mph yesterday. Don't see any real damage, but I haven't been outside to look around yet. Maybe in a bit. Not much planned for today. Got everything ready to start up-potting but didn't actually do it. Soon though lol. Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there.

Good morning.

Tired. Did more walking than I should. Felt good to be exercising, but the knee doesn’t like it.

My son did good. He placed 1st in his heat and placed 44 out of 66 overall. I was proud. It was his first time competing in track. He didn’t get to finals of discus or shot put. One of his team mates threw the discus 156 feet. My son threw 59 feet for reference. He tried and had fun. He is also trying for his 2nd Blackbelt in Taekwondo. Great kid. He doesn’t mess around. He doesn’t care what people think of him and doesn’t follow the crowds. Very humble, respectful and has a good heart.

Got some 2.5in containers to pot up in today. I have 4in, but I figured I would try the smaller ones.

Bbq later.

Have a great day.

I'm in violation (morning has ended almost half a day ago), but I'm posting anyway. Morning all!

Had a lovely day. It started of cloudy and cold, but that changed in the afternoon. Went outside with the young ones for a.hike and good fun. No planting or sowing today, but I did have a quick look in the nursery just now.

We're having harissa spiced rice with dates and orange and sautéed greens for dinner. 👌

@OCD Chilehead Your son sounds like a good chap. He must have got something from his dad.

Morning my lovelies,

How did the weekend treat you all?

I hit the snooze button two times today. Can't say that really ever helps with getting up with a less 'cloudy' head. 😀 Honestly, I think not snoozing gives me a better start. I should try and supress the inclination next time I want to hit that button. Putting it online here to remember myself of this thought.

Having hot pot sauce noodles tonight, but without the hot pot. Never tried this recipe before, but it reads delicious.

I have a short workweek coming up. Two days and then I have a looooong weekend. I need to plan some days off here and there. I have not taken a lot of those the last two years, so I was asked to trimm the ones I saved up. Better get to work and try and jam a bunch of work in two days. 😀

Have a lovely start of the week!

Morning all another Monday - least it's a short week with Easter on the horizon.
A day off today which is a day doing garden things. Shame the weather isn't better.
Annuums still being sluggish, not sure whether to ditch and start again or give them a few more days - rinse and repeat :lol:
Chow mein on the menu tonight, use up the leftover veg from yesterday and whatever's in the bottom of the fridge.
Have a good Monday - keep warm, dry, cool and smile :lol:

ETA, I won't be going out to play in the garden, it's flipping freezing out there.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 54F (12C) on its way to 73F (23C). Beautiful day. The trees are all in blossom. Working for a few hours in the basement office this morning then taking the rest of the day off. Good to be semi-retired again. I'm working my way down to around 20 hrs/week on my paying job. Yesterday, re-potted everything that needed it. That was (2) people for 3 hours of fun. Not sure what else I'm doing today but I'm sure it will be outside. Maybe I'll mow or cut the fountain grass. Grilling burgers this evening. Be safe and be good. S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning. Yesterday the weather was beautiful for yard work, 70F for a few hours. Lots of leaf raking in the flowers and collecting, thanks to the neighbors trees. The leaf bin was looking sparse, so will dig out the leaf mold compost and then refill with the leaves.
Monday errands, coffee group, neighbors dog and then more yard work before the predicted snow. I’ll take any moisture right now.
Have a great Monday. Stay safe and healthy. S.M.I.L.E. Miracles-they are out there.

Good morning. It's sunny and 43F, on its way to 71F. Should be a pretty day. Gonna spend it in the car driving North to see friends. Back tomorrow night. Still haven't re-potted yet. Now it won't happen before Wednesday. Not good for the plants, but you gotta raise em tough, lol. Hope everybody has a terrific beginning to the week. Be safe out there.

EDIT: Trip postponed until tomorrow. Time to go down and plant sugar snaps!

Last edited:
Morning all,

@OCD Chilehead Happy to hear. It's a relief for my conscience. ;)

I have a visit to my nursery planned this morning before work. Let's see if the seedlings are still alive and kicking.

Off to work after the nursery visit. I made a long to do list that I think I need to revise to keep it realistic. Sometimes it would be nice to have double hour days for everything you have planned, right?

Tomorrow my short holiday starts. 🌈 I should make another to do list for that...

Happy Tuesday folks!

Morning all - going to be a sunny day out there, freezing cold but sunshine - that'll do for me.
Running around all day today, I do love my Tuesdays at work even though my body is knackered all day Wednesday.
And that's all I have to say.
Have a good Tuesday, keep warm, cool, dry and smile :D

MBD0trrm.png

Bike ride this morning then have to go check on 6 properties. Guy yesterday gave me a really nice gun cabinet and tool box for truck. I have one but the lock is broke and planned on buying a new one, problem solved. Not sure if ill keep the cabinet or sell it? Another 90 degree day with no rain in sight. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 56F (13C) on its way to 83F (28C). Our warmest day of the year so far. It will be unseasonably warm for us with the winds being very strong. Working from the basement office until mid morning. After that .... working outside (maybe). I tweaked my lower back and I'm very sore this morning. I might just take it easy. Cheesesteaks tonight. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 27F and snowing. The high winds last night brought the snow which is very welcome right now. Yesterday I added compost to the flower pots with a bit of Espoma so I’m glad we got moisture. Dr. appt., a few errands, and then I can enjoy the day inside. Walking the mall sounds like the best choice.
Have a wonderful day. Take time for yourself. Thought and prayers for those who have been affected by this week’s horrible weather.

Good morning. It's sunny and 60F, on its way to 80F. Gorgeous day! Heading North shortly - back tomorrow night. Didn't pot up any plants yesterday, but I did get the sugar snaps planted. Potting up is now top-of-the-list. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there.

Morning all - another hump day is here.
Frosty out there this a.m. but if it follows yesterday, it'll be glorious and warm this afternoon - cue peppers out in the sun.
Day off today and I've got some more peppers to pot up, the serranos decided to pop. Still haven't made that banana ketchup maybe today.
Have a good Wednesday, keep warm, cool, dry and smile :D

Back