• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Morning chickens - a long weekend awaits me.

Another warm and sunny day beckons. Mr Tinks is making hot cross buns. It's gardening stuff all day for me, then off to see friends late this afternoon.

And that's it for today - bliss.

@Harry_Dangler how's your back doing?

Have a good Saturday chilli people, keep warm, dry, cool, calm (the list gets longer) and smile :D

Good morning. It's 40F (4C) on its way to 70F (21C). Beautiful start to the weekend.
@Tink - My back feels a little better each day. Right now, I'd say I'm at 60% and improving. I'm hoping that by tomorrow I can work outside and can contribute to getting stuff done. My back problems are muscle spasms/muscle pain nothing structural or spinal .... it happens a couple times a year (though this time it got me a little more seriously).
My list of outdoor work is massive and I've got around a month to accomplish most of it. Still got up-potting to do too. Our grandson is here ..... I grilled a medium sized sockeye salmon fillet last evening and that little guy ate damn near half of it. Watching the early morning match and then I'll probably fix a big country breakfast. Who knows after that? Grilling burgers this evening. I've got a match up in the city tonight but I gave my ticket to a buddy .... there's no way I could do that with my back situation. I guess I'll watch it on TV. That's about it. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's mostly cloudy and 39F, on its way to 50F. Freeze warning tonight. @Ratatouille, thanks for those positive vibes, but the up-potting remains, lol. Hopefully I'll get to it today, right after the Masters coverage :D. That my plan for today, and I'm sticking to it! Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. It looks like a beautiful day to be outside. The cat and I worked outside for a few hours yesterday. She likes to hunt down the non-existent critters in the garden, then lounge about and get filthy. At least she’s good company at times.
Have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy nature and the new life sprouting in your gardens, even if they’re dandelions.

Good morning.

Off to track meet in a bit. Need to pot up some more seedlings. Did around 40 yesterday and need to do maybe 20 something this morning. My back can only take so much of being hunched over. Need to move around some trailers in the back yard this next week. Still hasn’t dried out completely yet. Going to till a spot for a garden and start amending. We are high alkaline and it’s clayish. Needs a bunch of organics. I want to compost heavily this year. That should help. Until then I’ll add some bulk compost. Have a list of priorities to get done next week. I have a MRI appointment and need things in order, just in case I have surgery.

Have a safe ride today, Sic. Enjoy your movies, wings and suds.

Harry, hoping for some relief for ya. Massage works for my pinched nerves and muscles issues created by that. I also use ointment primary made from Arnica. My friend Rick (stickman) from here years ago recommended it to me. Miss stickman and Devv. Not talked in years. Anyways. I almost quit my job at the time until I found that stuff. Use it all the time. Works on Joints, muscles and bruises. Use to be called The Rub. I think they were acquired by someone else. This is what I use now with great results.

Enjoy the day you all.

Attachments

• 2CE8DFA2-6DB0-441E-97CE-1F02695E97D3.jpeg
    2CE8DFA2-6DB0-441E-97CE-1F02695E97D3.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 7B5EDA21-B9E2-4126-9E95-43EAEC32EDB1.jpeg
    7B5EDA21-B9E2-4126-9E95-43EAEC32EDB1.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 34
Good morning bunnies!

Happy Easter to all that are celebrating.

We just finished breakfast with fresh OJ, and warm bread from the oven. All ready for the day now.

I'm doing the same, but with potatoes. I am really going to put them in the ground today. No, really! 😅

I have about 1/3rd of those potatoes planted. It's a never ending story. I did do a LOT of other things in the garden yesterday. 🙃

Not sure what's on the planning for today, we'll see. If it happens to be as sunny as yesterday afternoon was, I'm spending it outside.

Enjoy the extra long weekend!

Morning all - Happy Easter - I have choccie eggs awaiting and hot cross buns.
Lots of gardening done yesterday and veggie seeds started.
Another sunny day is promised more gardening then we're having a bbq later, there will be beer drunk.
Have a peaceful Sunday, keep warm, calm, dry - you know the drill - and smile :D

Good morning and Happy Easter. It's 46F (8C) on its way to 72F (22C). Coffee, breakfast and then watching the early match. After that, heading outside and we'll see how my back holds up. I might try to mow. Also, I purchased some new grilling gear and it's ready for pickup. I might as well get those 2"X6"s (for raised bed repairs) while I'm up in the city picking up the grilling gear. Hopefully I'm able to get some stuff done today. I got my up-potting done yesterday. Got out some steaks for grilling later on. Beverages during and after the grilling. Have a great day. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning and happy Easter. It looks like beautiful sunny morning, warmer and hopefully no wind. Church this morning after oatmeal and blueberries, and spiced chai for breakfast. We visited a new ReStore store, just to see what they offered. Daughter wants to re-do her whole kitchen and adjoining space, so we looked for ideas. The afternoon plans have an hour or two of cleaning outside plus grilling chicken and veggies.
Hope your day goes well. Enjoy nature’s beauty one flower at a time.

Good morning. It's sunny and 36F, on its way to 61F. Should be a nice day. Since the Masters was postponed yesterday I decided to up-pot the peppers. Yay! Four trays done, need one more to finish. Hopefully will do that today. Cooking ham dinner and taking it to Mom's this afternoon. May the bunny droppings littering your house be made of chocolate. Happy Easter everybody!

Morning all,

Some more rain is expected today. We haven't had enough of that the last months. It's a good thing I got the potatoes in the ground yesterday. 😋

I'll stay mostly inside today. Do some house projects, maybe read a book for a change. If it stays dry for a bit, I'll have a look at the backyard, clean things up here and there. (Which is more or less a small place, not really a garden.)

Have a wonderful second Sunday.

Morning all - light showers expected today, won't stop me going out to play.
Got some more seedlings to pot up and some seeds to start.
Had a great time yesterday and ate far too much chocolate and bbq.
Hoping to get some work done in the garden, still got branches to clear from the back garden.
Have a good Monday, keep calm, dry, warm and smile :D

Good morning! Have to mow 2, drive by and look at trailer park and clean up a few things at Uncle Bens. Park wont need anything but Ive got to be there every week April to October as stated in contract. Got a little amount of rain yesterday, hopefully getting more this week. Of course it only rained while we were walking. Under burn bans and a severe drought, we need rain. Noodling this afternoon. Have a great day.

Good morning. It's 52F (11C) on its way to 72 (22C). Mostly cloudy with some showers/thunderstorms this afternoon. Sic ..... are you going catfish noodling? Got the lawn mowed and it wasn't too bad. Took about 3 hours. Got all the branches and sticks taken care of. I need to trim sometime today and then start in on cleaning up the landscaping. Got the hot tub cleaned and the chemicals in line. My back is up to 80%. Everything that needs up-potting is done. Everything that can be planted out in the garden has been planted. Potatoes, onions, carrots, radishes, spinach, peas, lettuce, cabbage and broccoli are in. One more month and the peppers, tomatoes, tomatillos and egg plant will go in. Six more weeks for the sweet corn, green beans, chard, beets and okra. I was checking out the strawberries ..... they're looking pretty beat up from the winter .... they should snap out of it soon. I might work a couple of hours this afternoon in the basement office. That's about it. I heard my wife mention that she found some grilled chicken in one of the freezers and so she wants to make chicken taquitos this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 31F, on its way to 66F. Should be a nice day. Warm-up this week. Calling for 80's Thur-Fri. Hope to make good progress in the garden this week. Today I'll finish up-potting the few peppers that are left, then start getting ready for tomatoes, probably by weeks-end I would guess. I thought the same thing Harry when I read Sic's going noodling. Is that catfish noodling? Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. Looks like a warmer, dry week ahead, time to finally plant peas and maybe lettuce in the crevices. Busy AM with a dr. appt. and errands. Then I can do more flower cleanup in the garden. We have a swap next month, so I’m looking for the new sprouts in the garden. So far I have phlox and maybe mums to share. It’s a late(r) Spring this year.
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy for the summer ahead. Glad to hear Harry’s feeling better.

Back