• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 70F on its way to 90F. Recovering from the tooth extraction and doing well. Taking it easy though .... don't want to lose that blood clot. My wife is headed out of town with her sisters and I'm on my own for the next 5 days. Lots of work to do .... started to tear out tomato plants in the garden. Need to mow and trim the property. Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Morning chickens, Friday is with us, yes really, all day :lol:
Raining out there right now and 33C planned for this afternoon - it's going to be hot and steamy.
Off to work then the rest of the day is my own.

Party at Harry's while Mrs HD is away :dance:

And that's it for today - keep cool, calm, dry, pain-free and smile :D

Good morning. It's 60F on its way to 90F. It should be nice with plenty of sunshine but some wildfire haze. Sic .... subs sound great. I might have to do that ..... along with a party :beer::high::metal:! My sister stopped by and I gave her 6 more flats of tomatoes. I have no idea what she does with the 100s of pounds of tomatoes we have given her. She doesn't can! Maybe she's making a 55 gallon drum of salsa :shocked:? Yesterday, I harvested a bucket of red jalapenos and some more of those real nice teknes. I didn't finish harvesting pods yesterday so I'll need to do it today. I've also got cherry tomatoes to harvest ..... ugh! It takes forever. I might make a run into town this morning for beer, mower fuel and sub stuff. Probably process some pods for seed after that. Beverages and subs later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It looks like a beautiful, hot day ahead. Looking at my tomato plants yesterday and 1 plant had a few stripped branches- could not find any hornworms. Hmm. Looked closed and found blister beetles feeding and . . . This is a first. What a summer this hasn’t been.
Hubby set 4 mouse traps last night at the CG, so I’ll check them out this AM. I’ve picked 4 ripe(r) tomatoes - 3 had BER, 1 was eaten. I’m batting 0.
Have a better Friday. OCD, how’d the jam turn out?

Good morning. It's sunny and 73F, on its way to 80F. Absolutely prefect day - except I have a Dr's appt right in the middle of it. Bummer. I worked on the Kubota yesterday. Got the piece of linkage out. Tried to remove the broken connector head and the rod-end snapped off. There were some threads left, so I screwed on the new connector head and put everything back together, gambling it would still work. It didn't. I fiddled with trying to adjust the linkage to compensate for being shorter, but there wasn't enough adjustment range. So, time to buy a little steel rod about 16" long for $50 bucks, and start over. Sic, I think you were right. It's a JD painted orange, lol. Need to water the garden this afternoon, then I'm gonna chill, I think. Tomorrow's another day. Hope everybody has a fantastic Friday. Be safe and enjoy the day.

Morning all, the weekend has arrived and it's hot and steamy out there, not a breath of breeze and it's only going to get hotter this p.m.
Not much planned for today as its the Austrian MotoGP this weekend, so I shall be flaked out on the sofa, drinking something cold watching the qualifying and sprint this afternoon.
I've already made courgette curry for lunch later on in the week and the kitchen is too hot to even think about doing anything else.
Have a good Saturday - keep cool, calm, pain-free and smile :D

Good morning. The heat is back! It's 72F (22C) on its way to 108F (42C). ReelFeel will be close to 115F (46C). I will probably mow and trim today (didn't do it yesterday). I think I'll get something out to grill later on. Beverages and parties later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 49F, on its way to 84F. Another beautiful day, I'll spend this one outside. Picked up the linkage rod for the Kubota on the way home from the Dr's yesterday. Plan on installing it today. Need to pick a few things in the garden and water as well. Supposed to be back in the 90's tomorrow, so I need to take advantage of today's weather. Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe and try to stay cool out there.

Morning all - sunny Sunday is here with its temps of 34C, at least there's a breeze today.
Been out watering and harvesting before the heat started and now that's going to be it for today, except a dash out to pick salad.
Still cropping beans, tomatoes and courgettes - must start on the peppers soon.
MotoGP this p.m. so a good lunch and motorbikes and that's it for today.
Have a peaceful Sunday - keep calm, cool, pain-free and smile :D

Good morning. The sun just rose over the hill. It's chilly at 49F, on its way to 91F. Smoke is in the air again. Well, I fixed the Kubota yesterday - hallelujah. Never made it down to the garden to water. Hope everything is still alive. Will do that today. Other than that, just gonna chill and see if there's a golf tournament on TV. Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there and don't forget to water.

Good morning. It's 80F (27C) on its way to 110F (43C). It's smokey here too. The sun is rising red. It's going to be another hot one. Didn't mow yesterday .... so I need to do that for sure. Probably won't do much else .... it's too hot. Grilling and beverages later on.

Good morning. Fun, exhausting day at another community garden yesterday. I got to see friends, meet new gardeners, and win a door prize of coffee and local honey. It was just too hot and humid. Another hot one today, so we’re traveling into the mountains to see a friend. Maybe find some good ole country food for lunch.
Have a great day, try to stay cool.

Good morning. It's 74F (23C) on its way to 110F (43C). RealFeel this afternoon will be 120F+ (49C+). The humidity is oppressive .... near 90% too. Trimming, harvesting pods, office work and sitting in the kiddos pool. Way too hot for much outside. My son lives in Lawrence .... about 50 miles from here. They had 130F+ RealFeel yesterday afternoon. The boss will be back this evening .... I better make sure things are in order around here. Be safe and be good.

Back