• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good Morning.  I've got one of my subcontractors from Italy visiting the office for the next 3 days. It will be busy. Dense fog out in the "country" this morning.  It cleared up when I hit the city.  Lots of rain in the WX forecast (we don't need it).  Be safe and be good.

good morning all :)

cool and sunny here this morning, currently 56F/13C supposed to get up to 74/23 later this afternoon.
 This weeks rain is forecast to hit Thursday through Saturday possibly into Sunday morning.
If we could just get a week of solid warm weather these plants would start taking off!..
 It's been a terrible spring up here.
I feel like my plants have barely grown since final transplant.

The garlic bed surprisingly seems to be doing fantastic with all this rain  :shocked:  (it drains well)
 The main stalk on many of them is thick, and there are no flower scapes yet to cut either  :party:
hopefully get some HUGE heads this year  :dance:

Probably gonna get some weeding done in the Daylily beds this afternoon, and maybe transplant some currants...
Might just keep them in pots for another year.  I still haven't ; 100% decided where i think is best to put them. 

hope you all are having a wonderful week

:cheers: to Mrs. Sicman &  :bday:  hope you two have a wonderful day celebrating her birthday  :metal:

S.M.I.L.E. :D
and be excellent to each other 

Good morning everyone. Nice to have a bit of rain, but not the hail that luckily stayed away for now. Like GIP, we need some warmer weather to get the peppers and tomatoes growing larger. I think the peppers have only survived and not thrived because of the cold and rain. So atypical.

Happy 50th to Mrs. Sic. We have visited Lake Placid many times and know how beautiful it is. Enjoy the special time together.

GIP, my scapes have all been removed and am looking forward to harvest in 2-3 weeks. :)  I have currant in pots that do very well, though I do hope to plant them in the ground - in the future. No hurry.

Have a beautiful day. Share the joy and pay it forward.

We're in a monsoon-like pattern lately, too much rain, peppers do not like, so dropping leaves, flowers, and even pods.  I can't turn the switch off, so it is kind of a grin-and-bear-it deal.  Still getting ripe Bonnets and Bhuts, but it is disruptive.  I get up so early and leave for work that I don't see the carnage until I get home in the afternoon.  By that time (here), the storms have wreaked havoc.

Back