• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Welcome to B. Zolokia. The kids and pets will be visiting today, hope the rain stays away for most of the day. Steaks and veggies on the grill are planned. We are meeting the new guy at the CG, delivering plants, and hopefully finishing planting the CG. More to do at home, but that can wait a few days.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Remember those who served our country. Be thankful.

Good morning.  It's 50 its way to 62.  Unseasonably cool and cloudy.  The grandkids are here keeping us busy.  Probably watch some futbol today and I'm going to the match tonight.  This will be my first match since COVID and the stadium will be at full capacity.  I've sill got several hundred tomato plants to give away and a few pepper plants to replace sometime this weekend.  Other than that, not much happening.  Be safe and be good.  

benning green tint squash is going off and delicious. we have been slicing and baking it with tomato sauce and parmession chesse, delicious. Thanks Jane. Have to go give a bid this morning then just chilling and a few small chores. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning.  It's 53 on its way to 68.  The forecast looks OK .... Looks like we're back to normal weather by mid week with temperatures in the mid 80s and not so much rain.  Went to the match last night.  First time at the park in over a year.  It was nice to get out.  Outside chores and mowing/trimming.  Grilling and beverages this evening.   Be safe, be blessed and be good.  S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning. Drizzle with rain predicted today and tomorrow. Nice day with the kids and hyper dogs, great food, and now back to calm normalcy. I finished planting the CG and the rains came to finish my job. Cool temps for a few days and then the temps jump into the 80’s. I hear you, Harry, with extra plants to share. Sic - it sounds like your garden is producing wonderful treats. Sounds yummy.

Enjoy your Sunday, rain or shine.

Good morning and Happy Memorial Day. It's 60 on its way to 65. Cloudy with rain in the forecast .... again.  Looks to remain unseasonably cool until Thursday.  Hopefully after that, we'll finally be in our "normal" weather pattern with highs in the 80s.  Our May averaged around 15 degrees below normal.  Unbelievable.  Not much going on today.  Going to the cemetary sometime this morning, got some plants to repot for give away and I need to make some tree stakes for the blown over apple trees .... that's about it.  Back to the work grind tomorrow.  Grilling and beverages this evening.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. Heavy rains yesterday but luckily no hail here, though the CG may have experienced some of the hail. Another gray day to enjoy before the 80*F temps hit. We have a few Monday chores and shopping on the docket.

Enjoy your Memorial Day. Remember those who served our country.

Good morning.  It's 57 (14c) on its way to 72 (22c).  Cloudy with more rain in the forecast.  Back to work.  Busy work schedule today.  Got a few more extra plants to pot up for giveaway.  Once the WX gets back to normal (hopefully later this week), we can get back out and complete some of the outdoor chores that have been stacking up.  Not much else is happening.  Be safe and be good.    

Good morning. The sun has returned, along with warmer temps. Dr. appt. and a few errands before checking out the CG. Harry, how much rain did you get in the month of May? I’m sure the totals have been good for the lakes and reservoirs.

Happy June. Enjoy your day and remember those less fortunate.

Good morning.  It's 52 (11c) on its way to 75 (24c).  The forecast is for variable clouds and rain this afternoon.  After today's rain, we should be able to dry out for a few days. Very busy work schedule today.  Late yesterday, I was able to pot up some tomatoes and peppers for a buddy.  I'm going to take them up to his house late this afternoon.  I also potted up a few ornamental peppers for the back deck.  Got all my stuff together to re-stake the "blown over" apple trees too.  That will be my job late tomorrow afternoon.  Not sure what else we've got going on today.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. Harry - your deluge of rain just in the month of May was phenomenal. Sunny days ahead, for sure. I have work to finish at the CG - the flea beetles are munching on the tomato plants, so they will be sprayed this AM. The colder nights seem to have stunted most of the plants, but warmer days are ahead.

Have a wonderful day and stay safe.

Good morning.  It's 59 (15c) on its way to 80 (27c).  It should be partly sunny and nice.  Finally no rain.  Very busy meeting schedule today with a couple of stressful internal reviews.  Delivered pepper and tomato plants to a buddy last evening.  Today is my Friday!  Not sure what else is going on today.  Grilling and beverages this evening.  Be safe and be good.    

Good morning. Sunny w/80*F temps predicted for the rest of the week. We have layettes to assemble, flower seeding tomorrow, other gardening projects that need to be in a routine. I’m not in that mode yet. I still have 15 tomato plants that may be gone soon and not planted.

Have a wonderful day and stay healthy. Summer is finally here.

Decent amount of rain last evening. Busy day, egg, bacon, cheese sandwich first. Chilling hard tonight with the wife. Yall have a great day and good morning.

Back