• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. I’m the mtns. where they actually have internet. Beautiful ride so far, love the steep rocks of the canyons. Another 3-4 hours and we should be in Moab.
Have a great day - stay warm/cool, whatever your weather. It’s hot here, loving the mountain splendor.
Edit - finally in Moab, 104F. Long day.

Last edited:
Afternoon chickens - another Monday - another warm, windy day.
Work done this a.m., got some elderly dogs needing work so we take them out in the mornings when it's cooler.
And that's me done for the day - although I may go and do some gardening :D
Keep warm, calm, cool, pain-free and smile :D

Good morning. It's sunny with some clouds, 75F, on its way to 84F. Beautiful day to be outside. Not sure what I'll be doing, but it will be something. Maybe fight the poison ivy.....not. Sounds like everybody is having a good day, except for Sic. Try to get some rest. Hope everybody achieves what they set out to do today. Be safe and have fun.

Morning chickens - the dreaded Monday is done and dusted and Tuesday has arrived.
Weather still behaving oddly - rain, cool and windy this a.m. and hot this afternoon - shorts or jeans? :lol:
Off to work all day today, so not too much rain please.
Have a good Tuesday, keep warm, dry, cool, pain-free and everything in between and don't forget to smile :D

Good morning. Hot during the day, surprisingly rainy at night. Utah was great, back to CO later today. We did see Canyonlands Park also, lots of driving but beautiful, steep rocks and valleys. If we came again, it would be in October or March. Too hot now.
Have a great Tuesday. Take a good breather and enjoy the day.

Good morning. It's hazy and 60F, on its way to 83F. Another perfect day. Fiddled around in the garden yesterday. Today is Dr's appointment. Maybe cut the grass this afternoon. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and eat tacos!

Morning all - the hump day has arrived and it's raining, yes all day! Least I won't have to water :lol:
Indoor stuff planned for today and I've got a check up at the hospital this p.m.
And that's all she wrote.
Have a good Wednesday, keep calm, dry, warm and smile :D

Small job then I have to take a mower to the shop. Dont think its a big deal but mower is still under warranty and I let the shop deal with all problems during those 2 years. They are more than happy to as they charge Gravely premium mechanic prices while machine is still under warranty and its free to me. Win for everyone. Heat index is only 103 today so we are starting to get some relief :rofl: :rofl: Have 7 yards to mow afterwards and then hopefully I have enough energy to play some guitar this evening. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's mostly sunny and 57F, on its way to 84F. Another beautiful day. And another Dr's appointment this afternoon. Managed to cut some grass yesterday. Also weed-whacked around the electric fence to clear it. I keep hearing about sharpening your shovels and hoes. Decided to give it a try and sharpened my hoe. Then, of course, I had to try it out. I went down and hoed the okra row. It actually made a difference. Who knew. Later this afternoon I hope to finish cutting the grass, then maybe some more garden maintenance. Hope Harry is filling the boat. Sic, be careful in that heat. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and drink plenty of ....

Last edited:
Good morning. Beautiful ride back into CO through the Dolores River Canyon that seems to never end. We stopped to see an old water flume that was built to aid in gold mining. Lots of uranium and vanadium mining done here a century+ ago. Interesting history. Today more driving into the mountains.
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy nature and its beauty. (Neighbor said it hailed again - - -)

Morning all - Flirty Thursday is upon us with a promise of more rain, wind and thunderstorms.
Strange weather all around, next week is threatened to be +34C.
Usual planned for today interspersed with chores and errands and I better check out the veg garden after all this wind and rain.
Have a good Thursday, keep warm, dry, pain-free and smile :D

Good morning. Heavy rains at home, not much here for moisture, though I did hear Moab, UT got hit with heavy rains just after we left. That is definitely a small town geared toward tourists.
Telluride CO reminds me of an old mining town with its downtown stores and houses. I won’t be fooled - lots of money there, too.
Today we’re off to see Crystal Dam in Black Canyon of the Gunnison.
Have a beautiful day. Thanks, Sic, for the wishes. Enjoy every minute.

Good morning. It's sunny and 65F, on its way to 84F. Typical Summer "chance of a thunderstorm" this afternoon. Unusually cool for early August. Nighttime lows for the next two weeks are low 60's. Everything in the garden should start setting fruit like crazy, hopefully. Not sure what's planned for today, but it will be outside. Tink, your weather sounds...nuts, lol. Always seems to be raining, Catherine, your trip sounds awesome! Makes me want us to hit the road for some getaway time. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and enjoy life.

Morning all - Friday at last. Been a funny week weather-wise and all-wise.
Had torrential rain and winds on and off yesterday, popped out this a.m. to check on the chilli plants, some are definitely leaning due to the high winds and weight of peppers, they've been staked. Have to say everything is looking rather sad and soggy out there.
Not much planned for today - work either this a.m. (rain forecast again) or p.m. if rain has stopped.
Off to a neighbours' house-warming this evening, she has no electricity yet, so I'm taking candles as a present :lol:
Have a good Friday keep warm, dry, pain-free and smile :D

Back