• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 58F (chilly) on its way to 85F. It should be sunny and comfortable. I've got a meeting that starts in a few minutes then I've got the rest of the day wide open. My wife and grand daughter are slicing bell peppers, petit marseillais and snacker pods for freezing today and they're snapping/canning the last of the green beans. My wife telIs me she's making one more cherry tomato salad and then that's it for this year ..... apparently she's sick of them :rolleyes: . I picked another 5 gallon bucket of jalapeno pods that need prepped and frozen. I've got a few more beds of jalapenos to pick today too .... probably get one more bucket full. I noticed an issue with a hunk of siding on the back of the house that I need to fix sometime this week. Lots of small jobs today. Chili dogs this evening and beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Cooler and sunny, with a surprise rain shower last night, so my beet picking will have to wait. Monday errands after coffee group, then some sort of canning., I hope. The Jap beetles are still quite prevalent here - must be the ‘fresh’ new bean flowers. I’m really tired of them and keep hoping they will move on to greener pastures.
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy nature and her beauty.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 72F, on its way to 78F. Chance of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Another Wx-guesser miss yesterday. Called for cloudy, 83F and showers all day - it was sunny and 92F. I think I'm gonna quit checking the weather. I can't remember the last time they were right. Anyway, got the garden watered yesterday. Also picked another tray of tomatoes. Harry - you're done with cherries, and I was told NOT to water the cucumbers anymore, ha. True story. Anyway, more processing planned for today. I don't know if I'll make it outside at all, lol. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and enjoy the harvests.

One of my favorites in the greenhouse this year, CP115 - a Christopher Phillips cross of 7 pot Douglah and Butch T Scorpion. Picked a couple over the weekend and tossed into a superhot ferment!!!

IMG_0631.jpeg

Good morning. Hurricane Idalia looks scary, Sic. Prayers you’ll stay safe.
Beautiful morning here, 54F and sunny. WX says the 90s will soon be returning, maybe more of the garden will ripen. I’m canning beets this AM - gotta get everything done while the powers rates are low - I hate this new(er) schedule we are all on. Didn’t make anything peachy yesterday- the garden lured me in. While picking beets at the CG, 3 guys walked up and asked for food - so I loaded them up with what I could find, and the rains began. Great night in the garden.
Have a wonderful day. Know you are blessed when you have a garden.

Good morning. It's 65F on its way to 91F. Very warm with plenty of sunshine. The forecast is for near triple digit temperatures by the weekend. I've got office work to do this morning. After that, I'm not sure. I might tear out some more tomato plants ..... if I feel motivated. My wife and granddaughter are making salsa this morning and after that, I think my wife is taking our granddaughter back home. Burgers tonight and beverages after that. Sic ..... hunker down for the storm. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's overcast and 73F, on its way to 81F. Cloudy and humid with showers and a thunderstorm this afternoon. We'll see. PC'd a batch of tomatoes yesterday. Annual Vet appointment for the 25lb cat this afternoon. I don't think he's lost any weight either, ha, but he's happy. Plan on processing a batch of salsa after that. Hunker down Sic. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and enjoy the day.

Morning all hump day is here and I have a day off. Another cool, autumn-ish day - it's lovely.
Harvesting peppers on the menu, I thought it wouldn't take long - ummm well, it's going to take longer than predicted.
I'm tasting peppers and harvesting seeds and then I'll make cowboy candy later. Right now, my mouth is numb :lol:
Have a good Wednesday, keep calm, cool, and don't put anything too hot in your mouth and smile because it'll wear off eventually :rofl:

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 67F on its way to 89F. Should be a hazy sunny day. Got office work until mid morning and then it's out to the garden to harvest very hot and super hot pods. Heading to Omaha tomorrow to check out the zoo and to see a ballgame. Not much else is happening. Grilling and beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 74F, on its way to 84F. Should be a nice day, except for the humidity. The Kubota continues to demand my attention. Now it decided to break the weld on one of the anti-scalp brackets on the mower deck. I don't have a welder. The nephew still has my trailer, so I had to call a "mobile" welder. He should be here this afternoon sometime. Meanwhile, still more produce to process. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and pay attention to your equipment.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's sunny and 59F, on its way to 80F. Humidity is 83%, but still a pretty day. Canned a batch of salsa yesterday. It's a tad spicy. Maybe it will mellow with time, ha. The welder had to cancel yesterday - should be here today, late morning. After that, probably need to water the garden again. Haven't had any rain to speak of for weeks, and none in the forecast for the next week. Not good. Glad you're ok Sic. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and enjoy your harvests.

Good morning. Glad to hear Sic and family are safe and sound. The new gardener at the CG loaded me up with green peppers to give away. I still have a huge box, plus I kept lots of the jalapeños for Cowboy Candy. Not sure what’s on the docket except watering and weeding. Probably peach something too.
Have a wonderful day. Stay hydrated and healthy.

Back