• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. 30-55F with a dusting of snow. I’m hoping to plant some peas when the sun warms the day. The tomatoes got planted, but couldn’t find a Roma. I can always get one at the nursery. Transplant cups are waiting to be Dremeled for drainage holes, good day for that.
Enjoy your day and stay healthy. Mother Nature still has a few tricks up her sleeve.

God morning. It's overcast and 51F, on its way to 70F. Chance of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Got the sweet potatoes planted yesterday, to develop slips by the middle/end of May. That should be enough time. Today might be a vet day. We've had a young black cat hanging around for the last 2-3 months. It has a flea collar on, so we thought it belonged to someone. About a month ago, it took up residence in the pole barn. We've sent out emails to the neighborhood - no response. Looks like another dumped animal, and it's here to stay. Problem is, the adolescent is growing into an adult, and it looks like the flea collar is way too tight now. We've decided to try and trap it and take it to the vet for a check-up, look for a chip, remove the collar, and fix it right up. Wish us luck, lol. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and help the homeless, if you can.

Last edited:
Morning chickens, flipping cold, windy and wet this a.m. and it's dark - back to winter for me.
Not much planned today except planning peppers and tomatoes and the rest of the veg.
I may start off soaking (yet) more pepper seeds as the forecast is warm and sunny for the weekend when I'll need to pot on.
Apart from that nada, although it would be good to spend the day in a warm kitchen smelling of cake so that's an option :D
Have a good hump day - keep warm, dry and smile - the sun is on its way :D

Jane we have 1 volunteer tomato plant that is going off. It has gave us fruit for a month with 30 on it now. Only successful plant we have had and it came out of a compost pile. Rain coming so not sure what im doing today, time will tell. Have a great day and good morning. Decided im going to Flatwoods to ride before rain.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 37F on its way to 56F. Still frigid. Crazy windy. I've got a couple meetings this morning and then I need to run out and pick up another big bag of Ocean Forest. I'll have another 75 plants or so to pot up in the next couple of weeks. The plant out clock has started and we're ~5 weeks away from planting in the ground. We're thinking about hosting another spring plant give away and planting party here in early May. That seemed to work out fairly well last year. I need to mow .... just not today. Not sure what's on this evening's menu. Frosty beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's currently overcast and 47F, on its way to 59F. Calling for a rainy day. Had a pretty big thunderstorm overnight. Lots of standing water this morning. After talking to the Vet, the new plan is a Thursday/Friday event for the outside kitty. Hope we can catch it, ha. Since today looks like an inside day, I think I'll start working on the list of what else to grow in the garden. Should start those seeds in the next week or two. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Last edited:
Good morning. 43-60F, sunny and windy. Yesterday I got a few peas planted, more iris cleaned, and many of the mugwort weeds dug out. Still lots more but the ground is way too wet to do all I’d like.
Sic - please save some of your volunteer tomato seeds. I’d love to see how it might grow in cold country. Sometimes the volunteers are the best!
I’ve got one that lived through a snowstorm - crazy.
Enjoy your day, pay it forward, and remember those less fortunate.

Good morning. Still waiting for the sun, but it's 34F, on its way to 48F. Pretty chilly day out there, with showers and a thunderstorm predicted. Hope to execute plan Kittyfix today. Wish us luck. After that anticipated fun this morning, Lit'l Fella goes back to his Vet this afternoon. Must be Feline Day or something, ha. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and don't forget to pet your pet.

Good morning. It's 36F on its way to 61F. Breezy and warmer with plenty of sunshine. No scheduled visits to the vet today but ...... it's still early :banghead:! Not doing much today. Maybe make a trip up to the city to see the butcher. Spaghetti tonight. Beverages later on.

Good morning. 40-70F, summer is peeking through for a couple of days. We have baby layette assembly this AM, adding a few more for some immigrants from Senegal. We’re having g a plant swap in May, so I keep scouting the garden for what I can dig and share, mostly flowers. Yesterday while digging up weeds, I found peach pits that had sprouted - only 4 of them, but they’d been there at least a year as we had no fruit last year. We’ll see if they survive.
Enjoy your day, pay it forward. Stay healthy. Thank you for saving tomato seeds, Sic. I appreciate that.

Morning all - Friday is here at last and it promises to be warm AND sunny this afty, not a promising start but I'm optimistic.
Soaked seeds going in this a.m. and sproutlings potted on this weekend, hopefully.
I must start thinking about the rest of the veg, now that most of the peppers and tomatoes are doing their thing.
Have a good Friday, keep pain-free, warm, dry and smile :D

Good morning. It's sunny and 43F, on its way to 48F. Still a bit chilly out there, but at least it's not raining. Operation Kittyfix is underway. Trapped it and took it to the vet yesterday. It's a female, and their guess is 5-7 months old. Surgery is this morning, then home this afternoon. I hear she's going to recover in the garage for a few days. :rolleyes: Hung a new SF-600 light yesterday. Forgot I had bought it during one of those Cyber-sales things last Fall. We'll see how it works with some of the seedlings. Probably mostly futzing today. Hope everybody has a fantastic Friday. Be safe out there and enjoy the day.

Good morning. It's 37F on its way to 65F. Mostly sunny and nice. I've got some office work for an hour or so then it will be futzing for the balance of the morning. This afternoon, I'm headed up north for a morel mushroom hunt. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 40F, on its way to 51F. Chance of a snow flurry or two this morning, then breezy and a shower or two this afternoon. Good day to stay inside. Well, Ellie (short for Elvira) is recuperating in the downstairs bathroom. Safer than the garage, I guess (?). Anyway, she seems to be ok, just scared. Don't know what today's plan will be. Just gonna wing-it. Does the fact that Ellie has a name now mean anything, perhaps? :neutral: Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 47F on its way to 74F. Cloudy, windy and warm. Expecting severe T-storms tonight. Looks like DR got himself a new kitty. Went hunting mushrooms yesterday. Didn't find much. I guess it's still too early. Sore as hell today. Not doing much today. I still need to mow. I'm thinking maybe next week :rolleyes:. Going to watch some matches this morning and make a big breakfast. Grilling burgers tonight. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Cloudy and very windy. I finished cleaning the irises at the CG and filled a huge trash bag. The rhubarb there definitely needs to be shared as it is encroaching on the walkway.
Nice to see Downriver has a new member of his family. Love the name! First time planting flowers in cells, but the prices at the nursery are blowing me away. $8 for 1 flower (?). We’ll see how well I do or don’t. I’ll visit another nursery closer to May.
Have a great weekend. Batten down the hatches and stay safe. These Spring storms have been unreal. S.M.I.L.E.

Back