• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New wood handles for "La Pistola Que Me Mordió":

XTeAxs3.jpg

wssI3EN.jpg

Needs some work....but looks decent enough to show you all! ;)

For cast for tomorrow is 57° which means it will probably hit 60°. Going to the range to shoot away some cabin fever. And to try out some reloads cranked out with my new dillon. Want to start a dope book for my rifle anyway. But time I got it dialed in.

That's some serious weapons in this forum, really nice weapons from people with passion for them. Would be nice if they were legal in my country (Denmark), but unfortunately it is not allowed to have anything similar to the one shown here. I'm with you on this... guns dont kill people, crazy people kill people. 

You must have a reason to have a weapon in Denmark, it is not enough that you think they are beautiful or that you will defend yourself and your home. In practice, you will be able to get permission to buy a 22mm pistol or rifle, if you are an active member of a shooting club for at least 2 years and above 21years of age. Thats it folks! 

You can also take a hunting license, in that event you will be able to buy regular hunting rifles - but nothing that can hold more than 2 bullets.

Assault rifles, shotguns and anything like that will you never ever get permission to own. Guns with calibers higher than 22mm you will never be allowed to own. Even Crossbows are not allowed. And for ALL guns and crosswbows, you must have a safe locker thats aproved for the purpose and The Police WILL make sure you have one... they come home to you before you buy any gun. If you own an unlicened gun of whatever sort, it will give you a jailtime of 15months. If you dont have a aproved safe locker it will give you a jailtime of 4months. If you are connected to biker gangs, the jailtime is longer. If you kill a person, and not mentally ill, you will get 16years. 

It also requires permission from the police if a knife has a blade longer than 12 cm. And again, they dont give you that, unless you have a valid purpose for it. Kitchen knives are allowed if they stay indoor..... if you take it out, it will be confiscated and you will get jailed for 1 week. Unless, you are on a picnic or have other valid reasons to be carrying it in public. 

To apply for a licens to these things cost around 125$ and thats money you pay regardless of the outcome. 

What you can do is to have a folding knive with a blade of no more than 7cm and which can not be locked in the unfolded position. They are legal.  :party:
Are the laws for owning a gun i USA the same in every state? 

same in every state? not even close.

some states restrict certain classes of firearms, magazine sizes, concealed carry, and other shit i cant think of right now.

luckly our constitution prevents states from baning entire classes of firearms outright. 

in the more free states its literally just 20 minutes of paperwork and a background check and you can walk out with that ever you want not including things regulated by the NFA ... SBR, supressors, full auto obiviously, and what ever else require a tax stamp of 200 bucks and a huge wait and a more indepth background check.

btw, the NFA passed back in the earlier part of the 20th century... 200 bucks was around 2,000 dollars inflation adjusted.
2,000 for a supressor tax stamp.  gee i wonder what the intended purpose of this act was.

supressors were unregulated untill the NFA.  some people say that poaching with supressed rifles during the great depression lead to their being so harshly regulated.

oh yea and new jersy has this f**king idiotic law against hollow point ammuntion... lol and new york state punishes you worse than a first time child molester for having a magazine with a capacity higher than 7 rounds of ammuniton.

Typically european media.. they regard USA as the same all over... from Texas to New York. 

Hollow points and any other bullet other than the standart classic bullet is not allowed here either. 

Even Pepperspray are require a licens from the police. And you guessed it... licens are not given without a valid purpose,.....even private security dont have permission for firearm, but they will probably be allowed to have pepperspray.  

Hi 1234,

You are allowed to own centerfire rifles/handguns in Denmark. Also semi auto. Full auto is a no go. You have to be a member for two years though.

I shot a couple of matches there and you have quite some nice ranges, especially around Aarhus. The Copenhagen area is a bit more crowded.

If you are interest in shooting firearms, schedule an introduction course at a local shooting club. It's usually around 20 euro / 150 kr. It's a nice, relaxing hobby. It sharpens your concentration and fine motoric skills.

texas blues said:

And loud as hellern'!

Unported all that noise goes downrange.

Dang Pauly.

Even my earplugs need earplugs!

This revolver destroys more than your ears......trust me!! ;)

Broke out the shine box....and gave a new luster to  the aptly named:"La Pistola Que Me Mordió"....

Tru-oil, lemon oil, and beeswax:

1234 said:
Typically european media.. they regard USA as the same all over... from Texas to New York. 

Hollow points and any other bullet other than the standart classic bullet is not allowed here either. 

Even Pepperspray are require a licens from the police. And you guessed it... licens are not given without a valid purpose,.....even private security dont have permission for firearm, but they will probably be allowed to have pepperspray.  

to be fair to the european media... american media does the same thing.

the peper spray thing is funny... here in the US you can buy pepper spray at a home depot(home repair/renovation place) for what ever reason. 

idk if its the same in denmark, but women like to carry pepper spray what for spraying rapists.

queequeg152 said:
palky, whats the muzzle rise like now? you plugged the ports just for cleaning and noise or did i miss something? 

A darned good question.

The cleaning is now a breeze......provided you leave the port plugs in place. Before, nothing short of steel wool would erase the flash burns from the muzzle/front sight area. Even in this "clean shot, you can see the ghost imprints of the flash-burns:

pvIXruO.jpg

The muzzle rise is a bit more noticeable.....but this Gun-zilla weights nearly 3 pounds.....so even in a 4' barrel.....the recoil/rise is manageable. (let's face it...it's a range toy....unless the zombies come....in which case....I have 2 more rounds than Rick!)

Also, the plugs can be removed in any order I choose....which may or may not be an advantage. I haven't tried....but it seems that having the adjustability would be a plus.......and I think it looks kind of cool. ;)

In the short term...I'm happy.....in the long term? I will be cleaning the muzzle a lot less!

paulky_2000 said:

The muzzle rise is a bit more noticeable.....but this Gun-zilla weights nearly 3 pounds.....so even in a 4' barrel.....the recoil/rise is manageable.

That was my thought too after seeing your gun. My GP 100 is about the same size, and 357mag is very manageable in that size gun, but you do have more bullets. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back