How do you spice up your Bloody Mary

I got a bottle of Burnett's vodka ($8/750ml), put a slit in a couple habs, & stuck them in the bottle. That was on Tuesday. Last night, I tried a half shot of it & yeah, it's pretty warm :). Tonight I'm gonna make me some bloody marys!

ImpyChick said:
I got a bottle of Burnett's vodka ($8/750ml), put a slit in a couple habs, & stuck them in the bottle. That was on Tuesday. Last night, I tried a half shot of it & yeah, it's pretty warm :).

Woohooo...chile shots all around! :D

My Bih Whisky is turning out nicely...I can't imagine what it'll be like if it makes it to a couple weeks. I think next time I'll try a choc hab or fatali for better flavor.

QS

My bloody marys were good...too good. Ended up drinking half the damn bottle of vodka last night. I'm paying for it now. I'm still in bed & drinking massive amounts of gatorade. I'm thinking about getting up soon & making a hot & spicy lunch so I can focus more on the pain in my mouth instead of the pain in my head :).

ImpyChick said:
My bloody marys were good...too good. Ended up drinking half the damn bottle of vodka last night. I'm paying for it now. I'm still in bed & drinking massive amounts of gatorade. I'm thinking about getting up soon & making a hot & spicy lunch so I can focus more on the pain in my mouth instead of the pain in my head :).

Eat a habanero or Naga, that usually flushes your system after the endorphin rush. It's an old hangover cure.

DickT said:
Dick T's Bloody Mary, very important lots of Vodka ( good stuff, not the rail swill) Clamato juice, pinch of Horseradish. 1 tsp old bay seasoning couple dashes of wostshire sauce, splash of tobasco mix well. I like to put a little old bay around the rim of the glass, gives you a slight lip burn. Oh yes, and a lime wedge

That's a bloody Caesar, my friend, because of the Clamato. Invented in Calgary Alberta, hundreds of miles from any naturally occuring clam juice. Go figure.

imaguitargod said:
Eat a habanero or Naga, that usually flushes your system after the endorphin rush. It's an old hangover cure.

Good advice, thanks. I had some pizza with sliced habs earlier...but I may eat a whole pod with dinner soon.

I like clamato juice too! Out of curiosity I tried one of those "chilada" bud lights, the kind w/ the clamato juice already in it. It wasn't bad...wasn't GOOD...but I got a bottle of clamato juice & put some in Miller Lite & it was pretty tasty.

ImpyChick said:
I like clamato juice too! Out of curiosity I tried one of those "chilada" bud lights, the kind w/ the clamato juice already in it. It wasn't bad...wasn't GOOD...but I got a bottle of clamato juice & put some in Miller Lite & it was pretty tasty.

I tried the bud light chelada and it was atrocious to me. But i did try it the way my dad used to make "red beer", by mixing it myself(Clam juice, tomato juice and i used Carib for the beer) and it was pretty decent.

DickT said:
I did not know that, I was just introduced to clamato juice a few months ago, as we instantly became buddies, I love it.

I always use Clamato juice for my Bloody Marys.

Pepper Vodka
Clamato Juice
Fresh lime juice
Horseradish
Worchestershire
Celery salt
black pepper
Hot sauce
Garlic salt

shot of vodka, shot of tomato puree, 2 spashes worcestershire, dash of garlic powder, shot of minced O Habs....little celery salt and a stick of celery to beat yourself with for not thinking of this earlier... :lol:

Back