How do you spice up your Bloody Mary

millworkman said:
I just never made one or was around anyone who had one. I guess I am just underprivileged.

understand....around my house, Sunday mornings are the DBMM (designated bloody mary mornings)...matter of fact, another cup of coffee and it is bloody mary time...I am going to try some defcon zero in them this morning....

Anyone tried putting some Scotch Bonnet peppers in a bottle of vodka? I heard that 5-6 of them per bottle tastes great, but I don't have the peppers.

Hot peppers in vodka will give you a blazingly hot liquid. Never tried SBs, but I'm sure they'd be great for this. Any hot pepper will do if you don't have any Scotch Bonnets.

Elkie said:
Anyone tried putting some Scotch Bonnet peppers in a bottle of vodka? I heard that 5-6 of them per bottle tastes great, but I don't have the peppers.

to me, I don't really get the pepper taste when I put them in vodka...I just get the heat...and if Scotch Bonnets are around 100K on the Scoville scale and you use 6 of them....that should do the trick of hot vodka...I put a handful of tepins and some dried T. Scorpion placental tissue in a bottle of Tequilla and finally had to stop drinking it straight and just use it for mixing because it was too hot for my delicate palate straight with salt and lime...

Come on A J.....Delicate palate???:hell:

I'd be more inclined to believe that you are pretty much numb to the heat from the peppers by now:hell:....judging by your selection in your back yard....:mouthonfire: Your growing season makes many in here quite envious....damn I miss Texas!:onfire: I WILL retire there one day.

Bump...

I have been making some different bloody marys lately and I know I am not alone. I figured it was time to bring this thread back. Today I am having another Fatalii Bloody Mary here's the ingredients:

Fatalii vodka
horseradish
Heartbreaking Dawn's Classic Gold Hot Sauce
A1 Steak Sauce
Worcestershire
garlic powder
celery salt
bacon salt
ancho pepper powder
tomato juice
lime juice

This is a good one. A little hot, but lots and lots of flavor.

100_0172.jpg

This was Fatalii vodka, not puree, but that should work. For #2 I swapped out the HBD's for Srirachi and added soy sauce instead of A1 and Worcestershire.

Here's my attempt...the powder in the bowl is crushed cayenne...the Fatalii puree is great in the BM...but not as good as the 7 Pot...

021310a001.jpg

021310a001-1.jpg

Great AJ. I am going to make different infused vodkas again this year including fatalii, bhut, 7-pot and Scorpion.

cool man...maybe there will be something you can make bloody marys out of that you don't have appear in front of you... ;)

here's my third...tweaked again this time with more horseradish and Fatalii puree...and dressed up...

021310b001.jpg

Close up of the dressed up BM...and let me tell you...the sweetness of the red bell, the green of the jalapeno, the tanginess of the horseradish, and heat of the Fatalii is mind blowing...

021310b003.jpg

AlabamaJack said:
cool man...maybe there will be something you can make bloody marys out of that you don't have appear in front of you... ;)

here's my third...tweaked again this time with more horseradish and Fatalii puree...and dressed up...

021310b001.jpg

Close up of the dressed up BM...and let me tell you...the sweetness of the red bell, the green of the jalapeno, the tanginess of the horseradish, and heat of the Fatalii is mind blowing...

021310b003.jpg

looks great.. I've never had one though.. not a huge fan of tomato juice... does it taste very tomatoey?

Bump again. I think once a year or so this thread needs to come back to life. I have been catching up on reviews this weekend, and this allowed me to use two of the products in one drink. Ahhhh research... This Bloody Mary contains vodka, Clamato, horseradish, worcestershire sauce, sriracha, AJ's Bhut puree, Crazy Jerry's Cajun Cukes brine and pickle (for garnish) celery salt, and bacon salt. Stirring's Bloody Mary Rub on the rim. Look it's smilin' at you! Whatcha got AJ?

100_8595.jpg

Bump again. I think once a year or so this thread needs to come back to life. I have been catching up on reviews this weekend, and this allowed me to use two of the products in one drink. Ahhhh research... This Bloody Mary contains vodka, Clamato, horseradish, worcestershire sauce, sriracha, AJ's Bhut puree, Crazy Jerry's Cajun Cukes brine and pickle (for garnish) celery salt, and bacon salt. Stirring's Bloody Mary Rub on the rim. Look it's smilin' at you! Whatcha got AJ?

100_8595.jpg

OK...I am impressed...but...here is what I am having presently...MR and Mrs T's extra bold BM mix, with 10 shakes of tabasco, a 5 count of worchestershire sauce, 1/4 tsp 7 Pot Puree, vodka of course, salted rim with Kosher salt, stalk of celery, wedge of lime, and three jalapeno stuffed queen olives to top it off...

041011a001.jpg

Back